Last Updated on January 26, 2016 – 1:45 PM CST
Dumas police officers arrested a Walmart associate Thursday after a loss prevention officer said they caught him stealing a Fitbit watch, an iFit and a bag of Cheetos, according to a police report. The loss prevention officer told police Saul Banuelos left the store without paying for the items, all totaling $215.57.
Banuelos is charged with theft of property more than or equal to $100 and less than $750. He was booked into the Moore County Jail.
Dumas police also reported the following:
- 1300 block Phillips – Suspicious Persons – Dispatched in reference to suspicious people in the area. Unable to locate.
- 1500 block S. Meredith – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Driver of unit 1 backed her red 2001 Dodge pickup into a white 2009 Chevrolet van that was parked in the driveway.
- 900 block S. Maddox – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched in reference to a burglary of a habitation. Investigation disclosed that unknown person(s) forced entry into the residence through a garage door and obtained three TVs, a tablet and laptop computer.
- 1500 block Guylane Plaza – Hit and Run – Complainant advised that on this date, between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., an unknown vehicle struck her Cadillac while it was parked at Fancy Nails in Guylane Plaza.
- 700 block S. Dumas Ave. – DWI – Traffic stop for changing lanes when unsafe. The driver Francis Villanueva was found to be intoxicated and was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 500 block Powell – Disturbance – Officers found two subjects arguing over community property. Determined to be a civil matter, and they were referred to their attorneys.
- 700 block Spruce – Check Suspicious/Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a female subject looking disoriented. Made contact with female subject identified as Gloria Aguirre. Gloria did have two active Capias Warrants, No. 82533CP for Public Intoxication and No.82534CP for Possession of Paraphernalia. Gloria was arrested, transported and booked into the Moore County Jail for said warrants.
- 1300 block Bruce – Assault – Officers dispatched on day shift to a disturbance but were unable to locate it or any witnesses. Later in the evening, officers were contacted again in reference to this incident and located a female subject who had been assaulted by her husband who was intoxicated. Har Sin was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 500 block Bradley – Check Suspicious – Officer was dispatched to 502 Bradley in reference to a possible prowler in the area. Officer checked area and didn’t locate anyone.
- 1300 block Morton – Accident – Minor vehicle accident in front of 1312 Morton. Both parties still on scene, minor damage, no injuries. Insurance exchanged, CR3 completed.
- 100 block Elm – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched to the above location in reference to a burglary not in process. Made contact with the complainant who advised that unknown person(s) had broken into her apartment and stolen a black 32-inch Vizio smart television from her bedroom. Entry was made into the apartment through the living room window by unknown person reaching in and unlocking the living room door from the inside of the residence.
- 400 block N. Meredith – Theft – Dispatched to the police department in reference to a theft. Made contact with Kennith Eakin who stated that sometime in the last 10 days, a white truck bed box was stolen from his back yard.
- 400 block E. 1st– Attempted Theft – Several subjects came into store and began concealing items in preparation to leave. Store personnel went to detain the subjects and one fled. He was located by officers and returned to the store. All subjects were issued criminal trespass warnings.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Contacted by Walmart LP who had a subject caught shoplifting. Suspect, a 14-year-old juvenile male, concealed an audio speaker valued at $86.47, then passed all points of purchase. He was apprehended by LP officers and issued citation.
- 300 block Cedar – Warrant Service – Conducted a warrant check after receiving information indicating a wanted subject was dropped off at the residence earlier today and is staying there. Homeowner allowed officers inside after admitting that Pashence Pate was in the kitchen. Pate attempted to run out the back door and was taken into custody in the backyard. Eight felony warrants were confirmed, and Pashence was transported and booked for the outstanding warrants.
- 500 block Beard – DWI – Traffic stop initiated on a green 1997 Ford SUV. Vehicle refused to stop and tried to evade officers until it came to a stop at 703 Zauk. Driver, Din Gar, was removed from the vehicle and was found to be intoxicated. Din was transported to the ER for where a blood warrant was served and a sample of his blood was taken. Gar was then transported to the Moore County Jail where he was booked in for DWI 2nd and Evading Arrest in a Motor Vehicle.
- 1820 S. Dumas Ave. – Criminal Trespass – Dispatched in reference to a burglary. Made contact with the complainant who stated that during the nighttime hours, person(s) unknown had broken the north gate and walked around the museum and art building. She stated that she doesn’t believe that the person(s) made entry to the actual building. She did advise that there should be video footage of the incident.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to theft. Dispatch advised that two female subjects left the store and headed north on Dumas Avenue in a black Dodge pickup. Unable to locate the vehicle. Spoke with loss prevention employees who advised that they were reviewing video to determine what items had been stolen. They advised they would contact when the surveillance video and list of stolen items is ready.
- 200 N. Dumas – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to criminal mischief. Contact was made with complainant who advised that sometime between 8:30 p.m. 9:45 p.m., unknown subject(s) punctured the tires on his 2004 Toyota Tacoma. It was later found that several other vehicles in the area of North Bliss, North Meredith, Oak and Pine were also damaged. Several juveniles were located and taken into custody.
- 300 block S. Birge – Public Intoxication – Dispatched in reference to a subject who appeared to be intoxicated trying to enter the residence. A subject was found walking out of the alley where the residence is located. Contact was made with Michael Barfield. Barfield was observed to be extremely intoxicated and unaware of what city he was in. He was arrest and booked for Public Intoxication.