- 400 block W. 14th– Reckless Driving – Dispatched in reference of a suspicious multi-colored vehicle behind the school that was seen driving fast. The vehicle was later located and the driver interviewed and found to be OK. Since there was no on-view offense and the complainant did not wish to pursue charges, the driver was released.
- 100 block E. 8th– SCAM – Contacted by a complainant who advised that someone had called her business from a local number claiming to be Xcel saying that if she did not pay $498.72 within an hour, the power to her business would be shut off. She advised she contacted Xcel and found that she was not past due or in danger of loss of service. She did not send any money.
- 800 block N.E. 4th– Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a warrant service. Arrived and found Jeffrey McKoy had a Denton County Warrant. The warrant was confirmed, and McKoy was booked into the Moore County Jail without incident.
- 200 block W. 5th– SCAM – Dispatched to the Moore County Sheriff’s Office in reference to a walk-in wishing to report a scam. Made contact with a complainant who advised he had received a phone call from a “John Mecias” from Ready Debit stating the complainant was two months past due on his electricity bill, which needed to be paid before services were discontinued. The complainant sent MoneyGrams three separate times to Ready Debit for a combined total $1,238.19. Investigation on going.
- 700 block N. Meredith – Check Suspicious – Officers responded to a call of a suspicious female subject crawling through a window. Officers determined it was the homeowner who had locked herself out of the residence.
- 300 block S. Bliss – Suspicious Person – Dispatched in reference to a young male subject walking in the roadway wearing blue jeans, gray hoodie and with no shoes. Officers canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Officers were UTL.
- 1200 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor vehicle-pole accident. Arrived and found the driver had turned too close to a pole in the drive-thru striking it with her white Lincoln Aviator, causing minor damage to the vehicle.
- 600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Observed a vehicle with front-end damage stopped at the above. It was found the driver had been driving a 2009 GMC Sierra, southbound in the outside lane and failed to control speed, striking a white utility trailer, pulled by a 2012 Volvo semi-tractor that was pulling away from the intersection of 7th and South Dumas Avenue traveling southbound. The GMC was towed. The Driver of Unit 1 was issued a citation for No Driver’s License and Fail to Control Speed. Accident report completed
- 600 block E. 14th– Suspicious Person – Dispatched in reference to a possible intoxicated male subject wearing a red jacket, green shirt and khaki-colored pants. The area was canvassed but unable to locate subject matching the given description.
- 600 block Cedar – Possession of Paraphernalia – Observed subject in the roadway. Contacted subject and detained him for on view offense. Subject was searched and located in wallet was a check not belonging to the subject. He was escorted back to the police department to be questioned about the check and stated he had a syringe in his waistband. Located a loaded syringe and a red pill in the subject’s possession. He was booked on the on-view charges.
- 1100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Made contact with male subject and advised him to keep the music down per complaint. Nothing further.
- 200 block W. 8th– Pedestrian Assist – While on routine patrol, an officer observed a female subject sitting on the curb of West 8th and South Porter. Made contact with the subject who advised that she was walking and was suffering from a leg cramp. A family member was contacted, and the officer stayed with her until a family arrived to pick her up. Nothing further.
- 100 block Spruce – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to criminal mischief to a vehicle. A 1979 black two-door Dodge pickup had both the driver’s and passenger’s door windows shattered.
- 800 block Shamrock – Accident – A gray 2004 Honda Pilot was southbound in the 400 block of north Maddox in the inside lane approaching Shamrock Drive and North Maddox. A blue 2002 Chevrolet pickup failed to yield right of way at the stop sign in the 800 block of Shamrock, traveled southwest onto Maddox and struck the Honda. No injury.
- 1600 block E. 5th– Motorist Assist – A gray Nissan four-door drove east on the dirt/muddy road from the southeast corner of the intermediate school. The female and two children slid off the road and into the muddy ditch. Officers made contact, and the female driver stated her husband was on the way to help. Officers stayed with the female until her husband arrived. He could not pull the vehicle out, and it was retrieved later.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft/Possession of Paraphernalia/Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to theft. Suspect, Daniel Tarango, was still on scene in the loss prevention office. Daniel was found to have an outstanding Moore County Warrant, as well as an active Criminal Trespass Warning for Walmart. Daniel was also found to be in possession of a narcotics pipe. Daniel was arrested for the warrant, criminal trespass, possession of drug paraphernalia and issued a citation for Class C Theft. Daniel was booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 200 block Beard – Burglary of a Habitation – Contact made with the complainant who advised between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. the previous date that an unknown person(s) had entered his residence and taken a tablet computer and $50 worth of change. Investigation to continue.
- 700 block S. Bliss – Theft/Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Complainant Nicholas Brian Pearson stated he loaned his bicycle to a Hispanic male, and the bicycle has not been returned. Pearson had a warrant for possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces. Warrant was confirmed through dispatch. Pearson was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- Warrant Service – During warrant roundup for City of Dumas Municipal Court Warrants the following subjects were arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail: Danny Blackwell, Teena Martinez, Francisco Becarra, Jose Beltran, Harley Jalomo, Jennifer Samuel, Lorena Carillo, Joel Villa, Monica Amador, Cynthia Ortiz. Several Other subjects were taken into custody but were able to pay their warrants.
- 300 block Oak – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to a burglary of a vehicle. Upon arrival, contact was made with complainant. Officer investigated, and it was learned that unknown subject(s) broke into a 2000 Jeep Cherokee and took a wallet containing $600 in cash, TX ID Card, SS Card, along with other property.
- 320 block S. Bliss – Suspicious Person – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious white female in the area. Upon arrival, contact was made with the subject who advised she was just waiting on some people. Everything OK, nothing further.
- 600 block E. 9th– Accident – A white 2008 Nissan Altima was parked, facing east, in the 600 block of east 9th on the south side of the street. A gray 2011 GMC Terrain backed from a parking space in a parking lot on the south side of the street, backed without safety, traveled north and struck the Nissan. No injury.
- 500 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – An officer was dispatched to a vehicle accident, semi versus a vehicle located in the 500 block of North Dumas Avenue, and the suspect vehicle left the scene. Officer arrived and located a white semi-truck and trailer in the center median of North Dumas Avenue facing southbound with damage to driver side step rail and gas tank area. A witness saw the accident happen and informed officer the white Cadillac ran the stop sign on North 6th and struck the semi on its driver side area. Witness said the vehicle left scene, and witness followed the suspect vehicle to an apartment. Officers made contact with two female subjects who denied involvement but matched descriptions given by witnesses. An accident report was completed, and charges will be filed.
- 400 block Elm – Traffic/Narcotics – Initiated traffic stop on tan Honda for moving violations. Driver, Kellam Vongsay, was removed from vehicle and while speaking with him, the front passenger got out of the vehicle, dumped a pistol, and fled the scene. Driver arrested for tampering with evidence after narcotics were located dumped in a Pepsi can. Charges to be filed on passenger.
- 900 block S. Twichell – Accident -–Dispatched in reference to a hit and run with damage to a gas meter. Officers investigated the scene, and it was learned that unknown Unit No. 1 struck the gas meter, detaching it from the pipelines underground and fled the scene.
- 1100 block E. 1st– Accident – Dispatched in reference a minor 1050 involving three vehicles pulled into Lowe’s. Investigation determined 2012 Chevy delivery truck failed to control speed eastbound in the outside lane, striking 2015 Ford F250 in the rear causing it to strike a 2012 Ford F250 also in the rear. No injuries occurred. Report complete.
- 100 block Elm – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a male subject who had thrown an object at a passing vehicle and when confronted, displayed a firearm. Area was canvassed and no subjects were observed matching the given description. Contact was made with several subjects at 111 Elm, but they advised that they did not see anything out of the ordinary. Made contact with complainant who advised that he was traveling south on the 100 block of Elm when an unknown person threw an object at his truck. Kevin advised that he confronted the subjects, and a male subject wearing a red ball cap and red shirt was reaching behind his back and believes that he saw a firearm on that male subject. Nothing further at this time.
- 600 block S. Porter – Accident/DWI – Dispatched in reference a one-car accident. Upon arrival, located a silver Pontiac Grand Am on the northeast curb facing south on top of a fire hydrant. Contact made with Bernardo Sanchez who was determined to be intoxicated. Sanchez was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for DWI.
- 100 block N. Klein – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Upon arrival, contact was made with the complainant. Officer investigated the scene, and it was learned that an unknown subject took a green Next with chrome rims from the above location and left behind a similar older bike.
- 1100 block Shamrock – Traffic/Narcotics – Officer was patrolling in the area of the 1200 block of Shamrock and observed a silver Hyundai failing to dim lights when required. Officer conducted a traffic stop for the violation and made contact with the driver identified as Jeremy Dougherty. While speaking with driver officer could smell a strong odor of marijuana emitting from the vehicle. Officer conducted a search of the vehicle and located marijuana under the driver’s seat. Also located was a glass pipe with marijuana residue. Dougherty was arrested for possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces and issued a citation for NO DL and possession of drug paraphernalia.