Last Updated on September 6, 2016 – 9:43 PM CDT
A man is reported to have chased a 12-year-old girl with a knife to get her inside a car occupied by three other people, according to a Dumas police report. The girl said on Sept. 1, a white male with long hair, wearing a red long-sleeved shirt and blue jeans tried to get her inside a gray four-door car that had Monster Energy “M” decals on the back. The car’s rear also is damaged, the report says.
The girl described one of the persons in the car as possibly a black male wearing a dark hat. Police officers looked for the vehicle in the 200 block of Binkley, but didn’t find it. The report says CID was notified and an alert issued through dispatch.
Police also report the following:
1. 400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic/Narcotics – Conducted traffic stop in the 400 block of S. Dumas Ave. on a white Tahoe for improper turn. During a pat down of passenger Jesus Tavarez, officer located marijuana concealed in his left shoe. Tavarez was arrested for Poss. of Marijuana <2oz and booked into the Moore County Jail. The driver was issued a warning for the traffic violation.
2. 1300 block S. Meredith – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an mva. Unit 2, a silver 2010 Dodge Caravan, was traveling south through the intersection of E. 13th St. and S. Meredith. Unit 1, a grey 2004 Dodge Ram, was traveling east on the 200 block of E. 13th St., which resulted in striking Unit 2, FC to RBQ causing minor damage. No injuries.
3. 400 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched to 4th and Dumas Ave in reference to a minor accident. It was found that a Maroon 2006 Dodge Charger was unable to stop and struck a 2004 white Dodge truck in the rear. The charger was towed by Packs. No injury.
1. 500 block Pine – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched to above location. Found a window had been broken and used for entry. Several items missing including ID’s SS’s, TV, PlayStation and several high-end purses.
2. 200 block E. 1st – Disturbance/Warrant Service – Dispatched to above location for a verbal altercation, between two subjects, Vicente Lopez was found to have county warrants and booked into the Moore County Jail.
3. 1800 block E. 1st – Fire Call – Dispatched in reference to a possible fire in the attic. Arrived and found smoke coming from the vents. All residents and neighbors were evacuated. Fire Department determined the cause of the smoke to be the heater overheating. No fire found.
4. 1300 block S. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a fight in progress, believed to be juveniles. Unable to locate juveniles or vehicles described by dispatch.
5. 300 block Zauk – Possible Gunshots – Dispatched in reference to possible gun shots fired. Officers were in the area at time of call and were unable to hear gunshots or locate anyone.
1. 1400 Guylane Plaza – Disturbance/Criminal Trespass – Dispatched in reference to a criminal trespass. Arrived at location and met with managers who stated that an individual who attempted to steal a beer from the store earlier had returned, and they wished him trespassed. Officers issued the subject a criminal trespass warning.
2. 700 block S. Bliss – Warrant Service – Dispatched reference wanted subject at EOC. Jerry Rodriguez arrested for Dumas Municipal Warrants: 83850 Poss. Drug Paraphernalia, 84503 Poss. Drug Paraphernalia, 84023 Violate Promise to Appear, 84065 Poss. Drug Paraphernalia.
3. 402 W. 12th St. – Warrant Service – Warrant service on Edgar Nevarez for US Marshall Warrant # C773647473 Probation Violation: Alien Smuggling.
4. 200 block E. 7th – Accident – A white 2016 Buick Enclave backed, without safety, from a parking space in the 200 block of east 7th, traveled southeast and struck a 2011 Ford Crown Victoria that was westbound in the same block. No injury.
5. 200 block Cherry – Warrant Service – Daniel Huerta was arrested for warrant CR-14-1056 JP DWLI.
6. 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious male subject walking around the business approaching customers, possibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Upon arrival, contact was made with a male subject found to be intoxicated. The subject was given an opportunity to contact a relative to pick him up. He was picked up shortly after and escorted off the premises.
7. Elm – Public Intoxication – Dispatched in reference to a male subject without a shirt, wearing blue jeans, approaching vehicles, flagging them down. Officer canvassed the area and observed a male subject matching the description, found to be Shelby Cook. Cook was found to be intoxicated. Due to the nature of call and officer’s previous contact with Cook at Walmart, he was found to be a danger to himself and others. He was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for PI.
8. 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Criminal Mischief/Public Intoxication. – Dispatched to above on subject trying to get into vehicles. Arrived at location was advised that the subject was just walking into the south entry of Walmart. Officers made contact with subject later identified as Pedro Orozco and through investigation it was found that Orozco had driven a maroon passenger car to Dumas from Amarillo, and had broken down a few miles south of Dumas. County units were asked to go check on the vehicle, and it was found to be stolen out of Amarillo. Orozco was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Criminal Mischief >100<750 and public intoxication.
1. 1200 block Durrett – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to a criminal mischief to a vehicle. Upon arrival, contact was made with the complainant, and it was learned that unknown subjects from approximately 2300 to TOC, on Aug. 31, 2016 to Sept. 1, 2016, had busted out the windows to Michael’s 2004 Jeep Wrangler. Also damaged were windows to a 2006 Ford Motor Home parked on the property. Officers were later dispatched to 1113 Durrett, in reference to a criminal mischief to a vehicle. It was learned that the back window to a GMC Envoy was shattered out.
2. 1200 block E. 1st – Accident – A gray 2010 Ford Focus was west in the parking lot of 1202 East 1st. A gray 2012 Chevrolet Malibu backed without safety, traveled south from a parking space and struck the Focus. No injury.
3. 100 block N. Maddox – Accident/Hit and Run – The complainant stated an unknown vehicle struck his 1994 blue Chevrolet stepside pickup during the previous night or early morning hours. The pickup was partially on the sidewalk in front of 115 N. Maddox. Damage was to the left rear and quarter panel of the pickup.
4. 700 block S. Dumas Ave. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a semi-truck with cattle trailer, driving recklessly. Officer located the vehicle traveling north. Officer did not find the semi driving recklessly. Complainant did not wish contact.
5. 600 block Binkley – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver in a white Cadillac SUV. Checked the area and was unable to locate vehicle. Dispatched to the above location in reference to a reckless driver in a white Cadillac SUV. Checked the area and was unable to locate vehicle.
1. 400 block S. Maddox – Accident – A maroon Honda Accord was south in the 400 block of south Maddox and approaching the intersection of 5th and south Maddox, inside lane. A blue full-size van 2007 Ford was slightly in front of the Honda. The van moved into the turning lane and then moved back toward the inside lane (without safety) and struck the Honda. No injury.
2. 1800 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A black 2016 Toyota Scion was north in the 1800 block of South Dumas, outside lane. A gray 2016 Ford Focus was in the inside lane next to the Scion. The Scion changed lanes when unsafe and struck the Focus. No injury.
3. 1600 block S. Meredith – Disturbance – Dispatched to the above in reference to a verbal domestic disturbance. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised she had an argument with her daughter and husband about them drinking in front of the kids. Everything was found to be OK.
4. 1600 block S. Bliss – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Arrived and canvassed the area, located the music at 1515 S. Bliss. Spoke to the resident, and the music was turned down.
5. 100 block E. 14th – Traffic/Narcotics/Warrant Service – Traffic stop initiated on a maroon 2005 Chevy Silverado for a traffic violation. Officers made contact with Baldomero Zavala Garcia and Selena Hernandez. Further investigation revealed Hernandez was wanted for a TDCJ Parole violation warrant and methamphetamine and marijuana were located in the vehicle. Selena was booked into the Moore County Jail for the TCJD Parole Violation Warrant #1608. Baldomero was booked into the Moore County Jail for Possession of Marijuana <2 oz. and Poss. Controlled Substance Analogue PG 1 >=4G <200G.
6. 400 block W. 5th – Disturbance – Investigation revealed a male and female subject had been involved in a verbal altercation. The male subject had left the scene before officers arrived.
7. North 5th St. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver on a motorcycle. Area canvassed UTL.
1. 1600 S. Dumas Ave. – Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a possible trespass. Made contact with Clayton Rodriguez who was found to have two county warrants. Rodriguez was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail without incident.
2. 10 block Elm – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Music was turned down before officer’s arrival.
3. 1300 block Bennett – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious vehicle. Located the vehicle outside of the residence parked legally out in the street next to the curb. Unable to locate owners of vehicle. Everything seemed to be OK. Nothing further at this time.
4. 600 block Miller – Public Intoxication/Criminal Trespass – Officers dispatched to a fight in progress. Investigation revealed Jose Gutierrez was intoxicated and refused to leave the property when requested by the homeowner. Gutierrez was issued a Criminal Trespass warning and arrested and booked in the Moore County Jail for Public Intoxication.
5. 700 block E. 1st – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to unknown person banging on the door of this residence. The area was canvassed, and nothing suspicious was observed. Complainant did not wish contact. Nothing further.
1. 300 block W. 17th – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music coming from a gray Nissan Titan parked in the parking lot. Arrived and located a vehicle matching that description. Made contact with the driver and advised him to turn the music down. He complied.
2. 300 block E. 12th – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Arrived and made contact with the complainant, who advised that at an unknown time during the past two days, a 5-gallon can of gas and a cordless drill valued at about $85 was taken from the front porch of his residence.
3. 300 block S. Bliss – Welfare Check – Dispatched in reference to a welfare check of a woman who had been sitting at the bus station since 4:30 a.m. Arrived and spoke with the woman who advised she had bought a ticket for the following morning, so she was just waiting.
4. 400 block Elm – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music located somewhere in the 400 block of Pine and Elm. Arrived and canvassed the area. Was unable to locate.
5. 403 block N. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a gas drive-off. The subject obtained $59.64 worth of gasoline and left without paying.
6. 1900 S. Dumas – Check Suspicious – Dispatched to the above location in reference to a male subject sleeping in the stairwell. Made contact mad with the suspect who advised he was traveling through town and was just getting some sleep. Procedural checks for wants/warrants were run with negative returns. The subject was advised to leave the premises. Nothing further.
7. 700 Oak – Loud Music – Dispatched to above in reference to loud music from a vehicle. Unable to locate the vehicle. Nothing further at this time.