Governor Greg Abbott announced the next phase of openings (Phase 2) on Monday. Gov Abbott specifically mentioned our area again during the press conference saying that Phase 2 opening dates for Moore County have been pushed back by one week to May 29th. This is due to the high number of COVID-19 cases in our area.
Download the Open Texas report to see the exact Phase 2 opening details.
Highlights from Gov Abbott’s press conference:
– Gov. Abbott: “Every decision I have made is unanimously supported by a medical team of experts.”
– Opening in Phase 2 (May 29th): Other personal services business, office buildings, child care services such as boys and girls clubs, YMCA, etc.
– May29th these can expand: restaurants increase to 50% capacity… Bars, bowling alleys, and others can open to 25% capacity.
– May 31st – Little league can open. (with spectators) – All summer camps, other sporting can open…
– Summer School – June 1st classes can begin
Other notable remarks by Gov. Abbott
– “Safe practices save lives”
– Senior Citizens – “continue to stay at home if possible”
– Currently 25K tests per day in Texas
– Nursing homes, jails, meatpacking plants – top three hot spots in Texas
– Surge teams ran by Texas Division of Emergency Management = 35K total tests in TX
– Key metrics to watch going forward: Positivity Rate and Hospitalization rate