Last Updated on April 13, 2016 – 11:45 AM CDT
- 1500 block S. Meredith – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Spoke with the complainant in reference to items being stolen out his truck. He advised that person(s) had stolen an HP laptop with a Verizon Jetpack, a jump start box, a set of jumper cables, a radar detector, an LED flashlight and two pair of prescription glasses.
- 900 block Melinda – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an accident. Investigation disclosed that a 2000 Mazda pickup backed without safety from the driveway of 909 Melinda and struck a 2004 Honda Accord that was northbound. BD-RP, no injuries.
- 600 block Powell – Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to a stolen vehicle. Arrived and made contact with the complainants who advised that a blue 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche, TX AC92417, had been taken from the driveway of the residence. The vehicle was entered into TCIC/NCIC.
- 100 block Bailey – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to a delayed burglary of a vehicle report. Contacted the complainant who stated he woke up and found that a rifle had been stolen from his pickup.
- 500 block N. Meredith – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Complainant stated suspects entered her vehicle during the night and stole her silver wallet containing her Social Security card.
- 2000 S. Dumas – Accident – A 1999 Maroon Ford Crown Victoria was attempting to park in a parking space in the parking lot of Walmart. The Ford was traveling west and turned northwest before striking a 2005 Chevrolet pickup with the right side of the Ford. No injuries.
- 100 block S. Maddox – Accident – A 1998 purple Dodge pickup was turning west from the turning lane in the 100 block of south Maddox. A gold 2001 Chrysler Town and Country minivan was south in the outside lane of the intersection. The Dodge failed to yield right of way and struck the minivan. No injury.
- 500 block S. Dumas – Accident – A gray 2008 Ford Mustang was northbound in the outside lane, entering the intersection of 5th Street and South Dumas Avenue. The Mustang was following too closely to a 2009 white Dodge pickup. The Dodge entered the intersection and slowed due to traffic. The Mustang collided with the pickup from the rear. No injuries.
- 100 block Chelsea – City Ordinance Violation – Dispatched to solicitors going door to door. Contact made, and they provided permits. Everything OK.
- 900 block E. 10th– Accident – A 2009 Blue Nissan Titan was east in the 900 block east 10th. A gray 2013 Ford F250 pickup was parked facing east on the south side of the street and unoccupied in the same block. The driver of the Nissan reached to answer his phone and struck the Ford in the rear. No injury. The accident happened on April 4, 2016 at about 9 p.m., and information was exchanged between owners at that time.
- 100 block Plum – Fire – Agency assist at the above location in reference to small stove fire. Nothing further.
- 300 block S. Birge – Accident – Dispatched to the west alley in reference to an accident involving a city truck. A 2012 Freightliner dumpster truck was traveling north, picking up dumpsters. The driver picked up a dumpster and struck the power lines. The pole to the north of him broke at the bottom. Xcel Energy was notified, and they came to release the truck from the line, put in a new pole and restore power lines to the residences. No injury.
- 1100 S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a hit-and-run accident. A driver was north bound in the inside lane of the 1100 block of South Dumas Avenue in a Volvo tractor pulling a tank trailer. A white 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer entered the intersection of 11th Street and South Dumas Avenue, eastbound, from the 100 block west 11th Street, striking the tractor trailer. The Trailblazer took off and was later found in the 200 block of West 10th Street unoccupied.
- 100 block W. 1st– Accident – A brown 2015 GMC pickup was west in the outside lane of the 100 block of west 1st Street and attempting to turn north into a private drive. A red 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe was following too closely to the pickup. When the pickup slowed to make the turn, the Tahoe struck it from behind. The driver of the Tahoe failed to stop and exchange information but was found later. No injuries.
- 1400 block S. Dumas – Lost Property – Dispatched to the Police Department in reference to a lost property report. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised that on April 6, 2016, she had lost her silver wedding ring with clear gemstones at McDonald’s and had not been able to locate it when she returned.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to theft of money. Arrived and made contact with complainant, who advised that on the previous day between 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m., an unknown person stole approximately $600 from a bank bag in her vehicle.
- 100 block N.E. 4th– Lost Property – Officer was dispatched to the FX Hair Salon in reference to a lost cell phone. Officer was able to locate the lost phone, and it was reunited with the owner.
- 700 block Spruce – Check Suspicious – Officer was dispatched to in reference to someone yelling. Officer arrived and spoke with the homeowner, and she said everything was OK, just kids playing.
- 200 block N. Meredith – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music coming from the residence. Upon arrival, contact was made with homeowner and was advised to turn it down. Nothing further.
- 100 block W. 17th– Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Officer was unable to locate.
- 1300 block Durrett – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to prowlers in the area. Upon arrival, contact was made with Darlene Searing, who advised that unknown subject(s) knocked on her door and fled on foot. Officers canvassed the area and did not find anyone.
- 1600 block S. Dumas – Suspicious Person – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious male wearing black pants, white shirt and a cap walking around the property for about two to three hours. Officers canvassed the area in attempt to locate but were unable to locate anyone.
- 700 block N. Meredith – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference loud music. Officers were unable to locate.
- 800 block N.E. 4th– Burglary of a Coin Operated Machine – Suspects removed a vacuum machine from the car wash.
- 600 block E. 14th– Hit and Run – Dispatched in reference to a hit and run. Spoke with complainant who stated that unknown persons struck her 2013 Jeep Wrangler and fled the scene.
- 1400 block S. Dumas – Accident/DWI – Dispatched in reference to a minor traffic accident. Accident exchange form was completed and blue forms issued. Made contact with James Stovall who was involved in the accident and was the driver of the red Ford sedan. He was found to be intoxicated and to have three previous conviction for DWI. He was arrested for DWI F3 and transported to the Moore County Jail.
- 2003 S. Dumas – Accidental Damage – Dispatched in reference to a hit and run. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who stated that while shopping unknown person(s) or objects damaged his 2003 silver Ford F-150 which was parked in row seven. I observed the minor damage, and it appeared that a shopping cart might have struck the bumper.
- 300 block Cherry – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a motor vehicle accident. Unit 1 was northbound in the 300 block of Cherry Ave. The driver had a sudden undetermined medical emergency and lost control of her vehicle, striking a legally unoccupied parked vehicle on the opposite side of the roadway. The driver was transported to the Memorial Hospital with nonincapacitating injuries.