A woman had second thoughts about stealing from Walmart, but her actions sent her male companion to jail.
The Dumas Police Department reported an officer responded to a theft at the business Wednesday and questioned Joshua Cagle and a woman whose name was not identified in the report. The woman had intended to steal an undisclosed amount of merchandise but then dumped it before passing the last point of sale.
The officer found Cagle had an outstanding warrant from Randall County for tampering with/fabricating physical evidence and was arrested. The couple were driving a Ford F-150 pickup truck, which was stolen out of Dallam County, the report indicated. It was impounded, and the female was released.
Dumas Police Also Reported The Following:
- 500 block Mills – Burglary of a Building – Dispatched in reference to theft. Made contact with the complainant who advised that unknown person(s) had stolen a gallon sprayer and two bags of weed seed killer from his shed in the backyard. The theft occurred between July 29 and time of call.
- 1400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance – Officers responded to McDonalds in reference to a disturbance. Investigation revealed an employee who had been terminated was refusing to leave the property. Officers spoke with the subject who left the property and was served a criminal trespass warning.
- 1500 S. Dumas – DWI/Unlawful Possession of a Firearm – Officer dispatched to a subject driving a Maroon F-150 pickup. Officers located the vehicle southbound in the 1500 block of South Dumas Avenue and conducted a stop on the vehicle. The driver, Artemio Morones, was found to have several firearms in the vehicle and was determined to be intoxicated. Morones was transported and booked into the Moore County Jail for DWI and unlawful possession of a firearm.
- 100 block E. 7th – Possession of a Controlled Substance – Traffic stop on a blue Ford Expedition. Contact was made with driver Ismael Puentes-Borjon. Puentes-Borjon was found to be operating a motor vehicle with a suspended Texas driver’s license. The vehicle was inventoried and officers located a small clear baggy containing a crystal-like substance, known to be methamphetamine. Puentes-Borjon was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for DWLI and possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram.
- 200 block S. Bliss – Suspicious Persons – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious male in the area. The area was canvassed but officer was unable to locate any suspicious subjects.
- 1000 block S. Dumas – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched to the police department in reference to vandalism to a vehicle. Made contact with the complainant who advised sometime between 9:45 p.m. Aug. 5 and 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 6, unknown person(s) vandalized her red 2007 Pontiac Roadster. There was damage to the driver’s side door handle and keyhole and right rear taillight.
- 300 block S. El Paso – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. Officer canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Officer was unable to locate. Complainant did not wish contact.
- 700 block 1st Place – Suspicious Activity – Report of a subject tampering with gas meter. Investigation revealed it was the owner of the property doing some work on a new gas line. The city gas department was aware of the activity.
- 100 block N. Meredith – Narcotics – Officers assisted adult probation in a home visit. Drug paraphernalia was located inside the residence, and the two occupants were issued citations for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- 300 block E. 19th – Hit and Run – A 2015 white Kia four-door was parked facing east in the parking lot of the nursing home in the 300 block of East 19th Street, on the east side. An unknown vehicle struck the front right quarter panel of the Kia and failed to leave information.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Criminal Trespass – Dispatched in reference to a criminal trespass. Made contact with a male subject who was found to have an active CTW. He was escorted off the property. Charges pending.
- 800 block E. 1st – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. Officer searched the area but was unable to locate.
- 900 block E. 7th – Assault – Officers responded to a disturbance call and found Sai Kyaw had assaulted a female subject causing bodily injury. Kyaw was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Assault Causing Bodily Injury.
- 600 block N. Maddox – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an accident. Arrived and observed that a 2006 Mitsubishi SUV had struck 2009 Suzuki passenger car.
- 100 block Cherry – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. Unable to locate.
- 200 block N. Dumas – Curfew Violation – Officers observed three subjects at the above location. Officers attempted to make contact. Subjects ran on foot. Officers apprehended the subjects and found them to be juveniles in violation of the curfew ordinance. Subjects were issued citations and released to a parent.
- 1300 block S. Maddox – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched in reference to a burglary. Investigation disclosed that unknown person(s) made entry into apartments 71 and 73, sometime during the daytime hours, took $1,000 cash and several work visas.
- 800 block Spruce – Suspicious Person – Dispatched in reference to suspicious person walking in the alley. Unable to locate.
- 700 block E. 5th – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. Unable to locate.
- 1400 block S. Dumas – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an accident. Arrived and observed that a 2011 black Chevrolet Silverado had backed without safety and struck a 2012 black Chevrolet Malibu in the drive thru of McDonalds.
- 400 block Zauk – Assault – Officers responded to a disturbance, and investigation revealed Anthony Salazar had struck a female subject in the face. Anthony was arrested for assault and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 400 block N. 8th – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an accident. A 2013 silver Kia Soul was westbound on the 400 block of North 8th Street. The driver lost control of the vehicle and rolled the it onto its roof. The driver and passenger were not injured. EMS was called, and they were cleared on scene. Pack’s Wrecker turned the vehicle up right and towed it.