Last Updated on January 11, 2016 – 10:18 PM CST
The Dumas Police Department reported the following:
- 100 block Oak – Hit and Run – Contact was made with the complainant who advised that an unknown vehicle had struck his 2007 Pontiac G6, which was appropriately parked curbside facing south. Investigation on going.
- 200 block Elm – Hit and Run – Dispatched in reference to a hit and run. The complainant stated his 1998 Ford Expedition was parked in front of his residence last night, and this morning it had damage to the rear driver’s side of the vehicle.
- 400 block Cedar – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a possible prowler. Unable to locate anyone.
- 700 block S. Bliss – Warrant Service – Warrant service on Jose Huerta for Warrants No. 82343CP (Poss. Drug Paraphernalia), 82365VO (VPO) and 82032VO (Poss. Drug Paraphernalia). He was booked into Moore County Jail.
- 300 block N. Bliss – Theft – Complainant stated he had an anvil in his back yard, and it was taken between 10 a.m. Jan. 4 and 9 a.m. Jan. 5.
- 1200 block Beard – DWI – Initiated a traffic stop on a 2000 Chevy Cavalier for a defective brake light. Found Ernie Gonzales to be intoxicated. He was arrested and transported to the Moore County Jail without incident.
- 700 Beard – Narcotics – Conducted a traffic stop on a black Blazer. Driver was seen pouring beer out the window as he came to a stop. The officer made contact, and when he had the driver exit the vehicle, the front right passenger exited the vehicle and fled on foot. Suspect was pursued and apprehended. He was found to have discarded a pistol, cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana in the vehicle before fleeing. Benito Lorenzo Torres was arrested and the driver was released at the scene.
- 1600 S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A Freightliner tractor with no trailer was parked in a parking lot in the 1600 block of south Dumas facing west. A Peterbuilt tractor and trailer left a parking space on the south side of the Freightliner and turned north in the parking lot. The trailer behind the Peterbuilt struck the Freightliner causing front damage. No injury.
- 1600 S. Dumas – Check suspicious/Narcotics – Officer was patrolling the 1600 block of Dumas Avenue and observed a Toyota parked improper in the Edwards Chrysler parking lot. Officer conducted a suspicion check on vehicle and located a male subject identified as Richard Joseph Butler in the passenger seat. Officers found the subject to be in possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. Butler was arrested for Possession Of Marijuana less than 2 ounces and booked into the Moore County Jail. Butler was also issued a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- 1200 block S. Birge – Burglary – Officers dispatched to a burglary in progress. Complainant found two subjects in his garage, and when he confronted them they fled on foot. Officers located the subjects in a nearby alleyway. The property taken was recovered.
- 300 block E. 3rd– Warrant Service – Officers checked out in reference to a possible runaway staying at this location. Contact was made with Ithziry Vasquez, and it was found that she had a JP warrant for no driver’s license. She was arrested and booked. The runaway was not located at the scene.
- 300 E. 16th– Warrant Service – Warrant service at the above location on a Leonel Saucedo. Saucedo was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for Warrant No. 81880VO and Warrant No. 82345VO Possession Drug Paraphernalia and Promise to Appear.
- 200 block W. 1st – DWI – Officer was dispatched to Westco Rentals in reference to a suspicious vehicle. Officer arrived and noticed a Nissan with damage to the right tire. Male subject inside vehicle identified as Cesar Quezada was passed out and slumped over in the driver seat. Quezada was booked into the Moore County jail for DWI 3rd or More.
- 1200 Beard – Traffic/Evading/Narcotics – Attempted to conduct traffic stop on a silver Buick. Driver refused to stop, and short pursuit ensued. Driver exited the vehicle and fled on foot. She was apprehended a short distance from the car. She was identified as Selena Lucero-Hernandez. Passenger fled on foot, was located, and arrested for on-view charges. Passenger identified as Destiny Romero, and she was booked for evading and marijuana. Selena was in possession of meth and marijuana. Selena was booked for possession in drug-free zone and evading x2.
- 500 block S. Meredith – Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to a stolen vehicle. Upon arrival, contact was made with the complainant, and it was learned that unknown subject(s) took her maroon 2008 Chevy pickup bearing TX (FDT-4052) from her driveway while she warmed it up.
- 100 block E. 14th– Accident – A gray 2004 Chevrolet Suburban was west in the 100 block of east 14th Street and approaching 14th Street and Dumas Avenue. A 2007 gray Chevrolet Cobalt was following the Suburban too closely. The Suburban slowed for traffic ahead and was struck from behind by the Cobalt. No injuries.
- 300 block N.W. 5th– Theft – Spoke with a complainant at the Dumas Police Department in reference to theft. He stated that approximately a month and a half ago, person(s) unknown had stolen his two 50cc Honda dirt bikes, which were located in his yard. He described one of them to be red/white and the other to be red/black with a spider web graphic. He provided an estimate of $1,300 each.
- 1300 block Bruce – Pedestrian Assist – A juvenile male was walking south and was in the street. He was not dressed for the weather. The officer asked him if he was OK, and he stated he was walking to the Demon Dome. The officer then transported him there.
- 1200 block Zauk – Suicidal Subject – Officers were dispatched in reference to two females fighting. Investigation revealed one of the subjects had attempted to cut her wrist. She was transported to the Moore County Hospital where she was evaluated and determined not to be a risk to herself and released.
- 800 block S. Birge – Traffic/Narcotics/Evading/Resisting – Officer observed a male subject later identified as Heriberto Hernandez to be operating a bicycle with no forward facing white light westbound in the 200 block of West 9th Officer conducted a stop at the intersection of West 9th Street and South Birge. As officer proceeded to detain the subject, he evaded northbound on S. Birge on the bike. A short pursuit ensued. Subject resisted arrest and an ECW was deployed on subject allowing officers to gain control of subject. Subject was taken into custody in the vacant lot behind Happy State Bank. Subject was found to have on his person K2 and a glass pipe with a CLS inside. Subject was transported to the Moore County Jail and booked on the charge of evading arrest/detention and issued citation for possession of drug paraphernalia and a warning on same citation for (COV) no lights on bike when required.
- 100 block N. Birge – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to subject attempting to climb the caller’s roof. Officers searched the area but were unable to locate.
- 500 bock Robin Rd. – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious vehicle driving in the alley possibly stealing firewood. Contact made with vehicle which was looking for a lost dog. Everything appeared OK.
- 1700 block E. 1st– Disturbance – Officers dispatched in reference to a disturbance. Investigation revealed two roommates arguing over money.
- 2100 S. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a fight in progress. Upon arrival officers observed a puddle of blood in the parking lot. However, no one inside claimed to have seen what had happened and denied the altercation being physical. Contact made with the bartender who called 911 and advised she did not see the altercation get physical but called dispatch after seeing confrontation. She further advised the parties she believed involved had all left the scene. No other witnesses located.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched to Walmart in reference to a theft. Contact was made with Loss Prevention who advised that at about 7:27 p.m., an unknown Hispanic male, wearing a brown Carhart jacket and white or light blue pants, entered the store through the south entrance and went to the electronics section of the store where he loaded up a 43-inch Samsung TV into his shopping cart and proceeded to exit the store. The subject walked past the last point of sale and out of the store where he entered a black 4-door passenger car and fled the scene westbound.