Someone who burglarized a home Oct. 13 took more than material items. Dumas police reported the resident of a home in the 700 block of South Birge said he had been out of town since Oct. 8. When he returned, he found his front door unlocked and saw that his furniture had been moved around. He reported that two TV sets were stolen as well as a pet turtle.
1. 1600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic/Narcotics — Traffic stop conducted on a 2006 Cadillac. Contact was made with driver Pedro Tremillo. Officers detected a strong odor of marijuana emitting from the vehicle. Officers searched the vehicle and located marijuana, cocaine, and paraphernalia. Pedro was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for Poss. CS PG 1 < 1G and Poss. of Marijuana under 2oz.
2. 300 block E. 19th – Check Suspicious – Officers dispatched on a suspicious vehicle. Officers made contact with the occupant and determined everything to be OK.
3. 300 block E. 19th – Reckless Driver/DWI/Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a black SUV driving around the area with loud music. Officers observed a black SUV, traveling west in the 300 block of East 14th Street then drive off from 14th and Maddox at a high rate of speed, gaining further distance from officers. Officers conducted a traffic stop in the 1200 block of Pheasant Run on a GMC Yukon. Contact was made with driver Racquel Bonner, who was determined to be intoxicated. A standard license and warrant check was conducted and it was learned that she had an active warrant out of Potter County. Bonner was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for DWI 2nd and for Potter County Warrant No. 145305-P.
4. 300 block Bruce – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a hit and run. Made contact with the complainant who advised an unknown vehicle had struck her vehicle in the Walmart parking lot the previous day. It was later revealed that the incident took place earlier this date. Unit #1, a black 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500, backed without safety which resulted in striking Unit #2, a white 2016 Ford Explorer, which was properly parked curbside, facing south on the west side of the road. Unit #1 struck Unit #2, BR to Bl, causing minor damage. Warning #087919 issued to driver of Unit #1 for Backing W/O Safety. CR-3 completed.
5. 100 block Cherry – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to three subjects wearing hoodies in the area. Made contact with the male juveniles, and it was disclosed that they were walking home. Nothing further.
6. 500 block Willow – Recovered Stolen Vehicle – A pickup which had been reported stolen earlier was found parked in a field and recovered. The vehicle was processed and released to the owner.
7. 600 block E. 14th – Racing on Roadway – Dispatched in reference to four vehicles racing. Patrolled the area but was unable to locate any vehicle matching the description.
8. 101 N. Dumas Ave. – Found Property — Located a black backpack at Pak A Sak. Contains miscellaneous clothing. Booked into property.
1. 900 block E. 8th – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched in reference to a burglary. Made contact with the complainants who advised sometime between 7 p.m. on Oct. 10, 2016, and time of call, unknown person(s) had stolen several items from within the residence including cash, a Dell laptop computer, game consoles and games.
2. 300 block W. 2nd – Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to a stolen vehicle. Contact made with complainant. Investigation disclosed that person(s) unknown stole her white 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse sometime between 10 p.m. Oct. 10, 2016 and 7 a.m. Oct. 11, 2016. Vehicle entered into NCIC/TCIC.
3. 400 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Two vehicles, both backing out of parking spaces at the same time, collided. Minor damage no injuries.
4. 400 block Beard – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a vehicle striking a gas meter. Contact was made with gas department who advised the operator of a city of Dumas solid waste truck had struck the meter.
1. 300 block Julie Dr. – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference of suspected persons inside a vacant house. Back door was open. Officers cleared house, no one was located.
2. 100 block N. 5th St. – Injured Animal – Dispatched in reference to a injured bird. Upon arriving, the complainant was found to have an injured owl. Officers took possession of the owl and turned over to ACO.
3. 1400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident/Warrant Service — Officer was dispatched in reference to a vehicle accident. Officer made contact with driver who informed officer she was driving north in the 1400 block of S. Dumas Ave. in a blue Mustang when she failed to maintain speed and hit the Ford van in the front of her. Dispatch informed officer passenger Isaac Santiago W/M, had a warrant out of Potter County. Wrt #71541-D Possession of controlled substance. Officer informed Santiago of the warrant and advised he was under arrest for the warrant. Dispatch confirmed the warrants. Santiago was transported to the Moore County Jail without incident. No injuries.
4. 300 block Robin Rd. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a ruptured gas line. Arrived and found that a white 2014 Ford F250 was traveling north in the alleyway between Bradley and Robin Road. The Ford failed to pass the gas meter belonging to 311 Robin Road safely and struck it with the passenger side of the truck. No injuries reported.
5. 100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Complainant stated her daughter’s cell phone was stolen at Burger King yesterday at approximately 4 p.m. The cell phone is a Boost Mobile Huawei Union that cost about $80. The cell phone has a purple case with teal lining.
6. 500 block S. Klein – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Officer met with complainant at the Dumas Police Department, in reference to a burglary of a vehicle. It was learned that from Oct. 10, 2016, to Oct. 11, 2016, from approximately 7:30 p.m. to 8 a.m., an unknown subject stole the complainant’s red purse from the vehicle, containing her TX DL, SS Card, Insurance cards and other miscellaneous items.
7. 500 block Phillips Dr. – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a prowler. No one located in area.
8. 1100 block Bruce – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a possible prowler in alley. No one located in area.
1. 700 block S. Birge – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched in reference to a burglary of a habitation. Officer arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised he had been out of town since Oct. 8, 2016, and when he returned home the front door to the residence was unlocked, the furniture was moved around inside the residence, and a 42-inch Insignia TV, a 36-inch Samsung TV and a pet turtle had been stolen.
2. 200 block S. Bliss – Medical – Officer located a male juvenile lying on the side of the roadway having a seizure. EMS was contacted, and he transported to Moore County Hospital.
3. 900 block S. Birge – City Ordinance Violation – Advised of a city ordinance violation in the 900 blk of S Birge. Arrived and found a semi-truck and two trailers parked in front of a residence. Officers made contact with the owner and advised him that it was a violation to park his trucks and trailers on residential streets. Owner removed the vehicles and was issued a warning for city ordinance violation.
4. 700 block E. 5th – Possible Theft – Dispatched in reference a group of juveniles sawing the lock off a bike in front of the junior high. Located juveniles in 500 blk Durrett. A male juvenile was found to have a gold Mongoose bike and a hacksaw. Juvenile advised he traded another juvenile for the bike but had no proof. Bike was taken and booked in as property at the police department.
5. 800 block N.E. 4th – Warrant Service – Warrant service at the above location on Nu Ja Ma. Warrant #5093 for Assault, Moore Co (69th District Court) Alias Capias #5093 Injury Child/Elderly/Disable w/Int Bodily Injury.
6. 2100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Assault – Male subject in bar had been in fight with several other male subjects, and one of whom had displayed a knife during the altercation. The injured male was transported by EMS for treatment. Under investigation.
7. 600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic/Warrant Service -Traffic stop for speeding. Driver Francisco Cordero issued warning. Francisco was also found to have JP1 Warrant #’s CR-15-1434 and CR-15-1434B.
1. 1700 block S. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance – Officers responded to a disturbance call at Bubba’s Bar and found two subjects in the parking lot had got into an altercation. As one of the males attempted to leave, he struck the other one with the mirror of his vehicle. No injuries, and neither subject wished to cooperate or pursue charges.
2. 400 block E. 16th – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious male subject at the tennis courts. Made contact with the subject who advised that he was there on his cellphone due to having a verbal disagreement with his girlfriend. Procedural checks for wants/warrants were run with negative results. The subject left and went to the park. Nothing further.
3. 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Lost Property/Theft – Dispatched in reference to lost property. Contact was made with complainant, who advised that she lost her wallet in the parking lot.
4. 400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a motor vehicle accident. It was determined that Unit 1(2008 white Mercury Mariner) was northbound in the 400 block of S Dumas Ave. Unit 2 (vehicle unknown) was northbound directly in front of Unit 1, and Unit 3 (white 2013 GMC pickup) was directly in front of Unit 2. Unit 1 failed to control its speed and struck Unit 2 who struck Unit 3. No injuries to report.
5. 600 block N. Maddox – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a motor vehicle accident. Contact was made with driver of unit 1 who advised that he was southbound in the 600 block of N Maddox when he lost control of his 2008 GMC pickup and struck a tree on the west side of the roadway. No injuries.
6. 800 block S. Bliss – Warrant Service – Dispatched reference to a warrant service. Contact was made with Joshua King. Officer ran King’s information through dispatch, who advised that he was wanted out of another county for Theft By Check. King was transported and booked into Moore County Jail without incident.
1. 300 block Julie Dr. – Check Suspicious -Neighbors said they saw a light on inside the vacant house. Officers cleared house, no subject was found.
2. 300 block E. 19th – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor mva in the parking lot. Unit #1 backed without safety and struck Unit #2 BL – RBQ. It is this officer’s opinion that the damage was less than $1,000. Insurance exchange forms and blue forms were issued to involved parties.
3. 2000 block S. Dumas Ave. – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious vehicle. Vehicle was not located.
4. 1600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Warrant Service -Dispatched to Toot ‘n Totum in regards to a customer paying with a counterfeit $20 bill. Made contact with a Johnny Hickey the customer. $20 bill found to be valid. Hickey arrested for outstanding warrants CR-16-0772/CR-16-0772B.
1. 1600 block Binkley – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Music was turned down.
2. 200 block N. 5th St. – Traffic/Narcotics – Traffic stop initiated on a white 2004 Pontiac Grand Am. Made contact and advised him of a defective tail lamp. During a search of the vehicle, officers discovered drug paraphernalia and a baggie containing a white crystal like substance suspected as methamphetamine. Brett Graves (Passenger) was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County Jail for Possession of a Controlled Substance PG1 >=1G <4G.
3. 100 block Plum – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched in reference to a burglary that happened within the last two days. Arrived on scene and was advised subjects had forced their way in through the window and stole a Wi-Fi box.
4. 1800 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic/Warrant Service – Conducted a traffic stop on a red BMW for speeding. Contact was made with Angela Macias. Dispatched advised that Macias was wanted out of Midland County (warrant #M2160422). Macias was transported and booked into Moore County Jail. Citation was issued to Macias for Driving While License Invalid and No Liability Insurance. Issued written warning for Speeding.
5. 1500 block Twichell – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to possible shots fired. Everything appeared to be OK. Offense was not established.