Last Updated on November 25, 2015 – 2:54 PM CST
The Dumas Police Department reported the following:
- 100 block W. 1st– Accident – A 2015 Cadillac ATS was stationary at the traffic light on West 1st, and Dumas Avenue. A 2011 Chevy pickup failed to control speed striking the Cadillac. FC to BC.
- 200 block W. 18th– SCAM – Complainant reported she was being contacted by phone from unknown persons in Africa wanting her to send them $2,000.00. She was advised to cease contact with them and not to give out any personal information or send money.
- 2000 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A white 2008 Pontiac G6 was at the south exit to the Walmart parking lot at the stop sign. A maroon 2005 Ford Expedition was behind the Pontiac. The Pontiac started forward and then stopped to ensure the road was clear. The Ford followed too closely and struck the rear of the Pontiac. No injury.
- 400 block N. Dumas – Traffic/Narcotics – Traffic stop on a blue Saturn. Passenger was identified and found to have outstanding warrants. Also in her possession was a meth pipe. When we arrived at the jail, she stated she was holding narcotics on her person. Jailers located meth, which was collected. Rebecca Menefield was arrested for possession of paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance in a correctional facility.
- 200 block Cherry – Accident – A white 1995 Nissan Maxima was parked, facing south, in the 200 block of Cherry on the west side of the street and unoccupied. A maroon 2011 Ford Taurus backed without safety from a private drive on the east side of the same street and struck the Nissan. No injury.
- 1400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Public Intoxication – Dispatched to United in reference to a female subject passed out in a vehicle. Arrived and located a grey Dodge passenger car. Also made contact with United employees who advised that they had removed the keys from the ignition so the female would not drive away. Contact with female identified as Lisa Vasquez. Vasquez was found to be severely intoxicated, and alcohol was located in the vehicle. Vasquez was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for public intoxication.
- 700 block E. 7th– DWI – Dispatched in reference to possible intoxicated driver in the 1100 block of Durrett. A vehicle matching the same description, being a green Ford Explorer with some front end damaged, was stopped in the 700 block E. 7th. Made contact with Din Gar who was determined to be intoxicated and booked into Moore County Jail for driving while intoxicated BAC over 0.15.
- 1100 block S. Dumas – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Assistant manager stated a Hispanic male came in and stole a wheel nut ($5.29). He drove off in a silver 2007 Chrysler 300. Last digits of the license plate are 9603.
- 500 block N. Bliss – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an accident, a white 2011 Freightliner backed into the 2002 tractor that was parked and unoccupied at 518 N. Bliss.
- 1500 Guylane Plaza – Hit and Run – Dispatched in reference to a hit-and-run accident that occurred the previous night. Spoke with the complainant who stated she believes someone struck her 2015 Gray Mazda 6 while it was parked in front of Bealls.
- 300 block E. 19th– Theft – Dispatched to the Moore County Sheriff’s Office in reference to a theft that occurred at Domino’s Pizza. The complainant stated she placed her wallet on a table, and when she came back it was gone.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched to Walmart in reference to a theft of 54.87. Jane Ahlgren was issued a citation for theft less than$100. She was also issued a CTW.
- 900 block Miller – Check Suspicious/Narcotics – Dispatched to 11th Street and Miller Avenue in reference to a suspicious person on a bike, looking into backyards. Made contact with subject, David McGuire, in the 900 block of Miller whose clothing matched the description given by dispatch. McGuire was found to have three municipal warrants and was taken into custody. Upon searching McGuire, officers found about 2 grams of a crystal substance and a scale used to weigh narcotics. McGuire was booked into Moore County Jail on the warrants and charged with possession PG1 more than 1 gram, less than 4 grams.
- 2025 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Made contact with the complainant who advised an unknown female had left the store wearing a new pair of shoes without paying. Cost of the shoes was $34.99.
- 900 S. Maddox – Accident – A black Chevy Silverado was southbound in the 900 block of South Maddox inside lane. Unknown vehicle stopped short in front of the Chevy. Chevy was able to stop but was struck BC to FC by a White Nissan Titan following too closely.
- 300 N. Meredith – Disorderly Conduct/Narcotics/Evading Arrest/Resisting Arrest/Criminal Trespass/Criminal Mischief – Officer dispatched in reference to a civil matter. Officer arrived on scene and made contact with the complainant, who advised that he had evicted the previous tenants from the residence, and nobody is supposed to be there. The complainant advised he was driving through the alley and observed, Armando Vasquez in the back yard messing with the breaker box. He confronted Vasquez, and he became aggressive toward him, so he called police. Officers made contact with Vasquez, who became aggressive with officers and subsequently ran. Vasquez was captured at which time narcotics were found on his person. Vasquez was arrested and booked into Moore County Jail for Disorderly Conduct-Language, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Evading Arrest, Search, or Transport, and Resisting Arrest. Charges will be filed for Criminal Trespass and Criminal Mischief $100-$750.
- 1600 block E. 7th– Criminal Mischief – Dispatch to the above location in reference to criminal mischief to a vehicle. Upon arrival, officers observed a silver Chevy Malibu to have damage to the front windshield, driver window, back passenger window and all four tires slashed.
- 900 block E. 8th– Traffic/Narcotics – Attempted to make traffic stop on a vehicle. Driver refused to stop and then started to actively evade. He eventually stopped and was taken into custody. Pedro Hernandez Jr. was found to have crystal meth/drug paraphernalia. He was booked for the on-view charges of evading, possession and DWLI.
- 500 block W. 1st– Check Suspicious/Possession Marijuana – Officer checked out at the above location in reference to conducting a welfare check on a unknown subject sitting in the passenger seat of a blue Chevy Tahoe. Zoila Anna Trevino was subsequently arrested for possession of marijuana.