Three people were cited for theft and another was arrested for theft after police responded to calls from Walmart’s loss prevention department.
On Sept. 9, police issued a citation to Chrystal Thompson for theft under $50 after an investigation determined she had passed all points of sale with $5.82 worth of merchandise.
Two days later, Elvira Rowland was arrested for Class B Theft after loss prevention told the police she had taken several items and put them in her purse and left the store with no intention of paying. Loss prevention said Rowland returned to the store and dumped some of the items in the restroom and left the store again with some of the merchandise. When loss prevention confronted her, she tried to hide some of the merchandise under her vehicle, according to the police report. The value of the items police say she took is $66.61.
Officers returned to Walmart on Saturday after loss prevention said they had two juveniles in custody for theft. The police report states loss prevention saw the juveniles put clothing in their purses and take them out to their vehicle. One of the juveniles had $44.28 worth of merchandise, and the other had $39.75 worth of merchandise, according to the report. Police issued citations for Class C Theft to both juveniles.
Police also reported the following:
- 400 block Spruce – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Music was turned off.
- 900 block Miller – Gunshots – Dispatched in reference to the sound of gunfire west of Twichell. It was determined there were dove hunters west of town, and the gunshots were coming from the county.
- 1400 block Crump – Operate ATV on public roadway – Dispatched in reference to juveniles on a 4-wheeler. The area was canvassed and unable to locate any 4-wheeler in the area
- 1400 Guylane Plaza – Narcotic/Warrant Service – Officers dispatched in reference to possible narcotics activity. Suspect vehicle, a Dodge Charger was seen northbound on Dumas Avenue from United. Traffic stop conducted 400 S. Dumas Avenue. Contact made with driver who gave consent to search. Front passenger identified as Timothy Eudy and found to have active Moore County warrant for probation violation – theft of property/probation violation – violation of protective order. Eudy was arrested and booked on warrants. No narcotics were found, and the driver was released.
- 200 E. 10th – Traffic/Narcotics – Traffic stop on a 1999 Honda Accord. Contact was made with driver Oscar Hernandez and passenger Michael Gutierrez. Officer detected a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Officers searched the vehicle and located narcotics and paraphernalia. Hernandez was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for possession of control substance under 1 gram, possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Passenger Michael Gutierrez was found to have two active warrants out of Moore County and was also arrested and booked in.
- 1700 N.E. 2nd – Hit and Run – Officers responded to a report of vandalism. Investigation revealed a vehicle had struck the fence at the residence and then left the scene, possibly around 3 a.m.
- 400 Meredith – Traffic/DWLI/Recovery of Stolen Firearms – Initiated traffic stop on a vehicle for a moving violation. Contacted driver who gave the name of Felisha Vega. She was found to be DWLI. Vehicle was impounded. Located in the vehicle were prescription meds, paraphernalia, and stolen firearms. Vega was transported and booked for the on-view offenses.
- 900 S. Dumas – Accident – A 2009 Nissan Maxima was traveling in the inside lane, southbound, in the 900 block of South Dumas Avenue approaching 10th Street and South Dumas Avenue. A 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche was stopped, facing east, at the stop sign in the 100 block of west 10th A GMC Envoy was at the stop sign in the 100 block of East 10th Street. The GMC failed to yield right of way from the stop sign and traveled west across Dumas Avenue. The Envoy struck the Nissan. The Envoy then started to overturn and slid sideways into the Chevrolet. The Envoy then returned to all four wheels and left the scene. The Envoy and driver were later found. The driver of the Nissan was taken to the hospital for injury to her hand.
- 800 E. 1st – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious subject sitting in the parking lot. Made contact with a male subject who is homeless and was using the WiFi. The subject left the property without incident.
- 800 N.E. 4th – Warrant Service – Dispatched to adult probation. Made contact with a probation officer who had a male subject in her office with active warrants. Abraham Garcia was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County jail.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. Officer searched the area but was unable to locate.
- 700 S. Bliss – Scam – Spoke with a complainant at the Moore County Sheriff’s Office in reference to a scam. She advised that the IRS had contacted her and told her to send a $1,000 Money Gram to Lorenzo Perez. She advised she did what they said. She was advised to cancel the Money Gram. She was able to cancel it.
- 1000 E. 5th – Found Property – Flagged down in reference to found property. Spoke with the complainant who advised he had located a bicycle beside his house, and it did not belong to him or his neighbor. A black and white bicycle was taken to the police department and booked into property.
- 500 block Oak – Aggravated Assault – Officers responded to a report of a fight. During the confrontation, one of the subjects displayed a firearm. One subject was injured from personal weapons and transported for medical treatment. Charges pending.
- 400 block Hickory – Warrant Service/Narcotics – Dispatched to 507 Oak in reference to a subject with a warrant. Unable to locate subject Taylor Jordan Miller at that location but was advised Miller left in a maroon Aveo. Vehicle was located a few minutes later in the 400 block of Hickory. Miller was located in the vehicle and warrant was confirmed. While searching incident-to-arrest narcotics were located. Miller was transported to the Moore County Jail and booked in on the warrant, possession of controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia.
- 100 block Cedar – CPS incident – Dispatched to the above in reference to a welfare check on an unattended child in the road. Arrived and found that the 5-year-old male was approximately five blocks from his home without his parents knowing where he was. The mother was contacted, and the child was released to her from the scene. CPS contacted.
- 500 N. Bliss – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched in reference to a burglary of a residence. Arrived and found that at an unknown time between 5 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10, persons had entered the above residence and taken several items including a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm pistol.
- 1800 S. Dumas – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to a stolen wallet. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised while inside Albert’s, person(s) unknown had entered his vehicle through an open window and obtained his wallet which consisted of Texas driver’s license, Social Security card and multiple credit cards.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Public Intoxication/Theft – While assisting another officer on a call at Walmart, an officer was flagged down by a complainant and informed that she had observed an unknown male subject key the passenger side of her vehicle. She pointed out the subject, and the officer made contact. Subject was identified as Cesar Quezada. Quezada was found to be extremely intoxicated, so he was placed under arrest. A search of his person was conducted and found tucked in his waistband were two 24-ounce Bud light cans stolen from Walmart. Also during this investigation the officer was contacted by another complainant and informed that she observed Quezada key her vehicle as well. Quezada was transported to the Moore County Jail and booked for public intoxication and theft under $50. Charges pending for criminal mischief.
- 900 S. Dumas – Phone SCAM – Dispatched in reference to a phone scam. Contact made with the complainant who advised she received a phone call from subject claiming to be with Xcel Energy advising her to pay her bill and requesting a credit card number. She did not provide any information to the subject and suffered no monetary loss. No offense.
- E. 2nd – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless motorcycle. Officer was unable to locate.
- 200 N. Dumas – Public Intoxication -– Officer was patrolling northbound in the 200 block of North Dumas Avenue and observed a male subject identified as Raymond Teeter staggering on the sidewalk area walking northbound. Officer spoke with subject and determined due to his level of intoxication he was a danger to himself and/or others. Teeter was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Moore County Jail without incident.
- 400 S. Dumas – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to reckless driver. Unable to locate.
- 900 S. Twichell– Reckless Driver – Dispatch in reference to reckless drivers. Officers canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Officers were unable to locate. Complainant did not wish contact.
- 1400 S. Meredith – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. A citation was issued to a resident of the home.
- 600 Miller – Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a possible burglary. Doors to residence were open, officers made entry and a male subject, later identified as Enrique Alaniz, was asleep in one of the bedrooms. Alaniz had a warrant for accident involving serious injury. Alaniz was arrested, transported and booked at the Moore County Jail for that warrant and a warrant for DWLI with prior conviction.
- 1100 S. Meredith – Assault/Interfere with Emergency Phone Call – Dispatched in reference to a domestic disturbance in progress. While Officers were en route, Dumas Dispatch further advised they hear yelling, children crying and possibly things breaking in the background. Upon officers’ arrival, officers heard yelling coming from inside the residence. Officers made contact with a couple who were determined to have been involved in an altercation. Jeovani Nieto was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for Assault Family Violence (Class C Misdemeanor) and Interference with Emergency Telephone Call (Class A Misdemeanor).
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched to the above location in reference to minor accident. Unit 1, a 2012 Jeep struck Unit 2, a 2003 Chrysler PT in the turning lane southbound into the Walmart parking lot. Accident report completed. No injuries.