Last Updated on September 9, 2015 – 8:56 PM CDT
A man told police he was trying to unload a crossbow and accidentally discharged it, sending the arrow through his stomach, according to a Dumas police report. The incident happened Friday in the 700 block of S. Maddox Avenue. The man was taken to Memorial Hospital, and the report said the injury wasn’t believed to be life threatening.
Dumas Police also reported the following:
- August 31
- 1500 block Binkley – Disturbance – Officers dispatched in reference to a physical domestic disturbance involving an intoxicated subject. Investigation revealed Frankie Sanchez assaulted a female subject. Sanchez was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for Resisting Arrest and Assault Class C (family Violence)
- 1600 block Binkley – Burglary – Dispatched on a delayed burglary. Contacted complainant, and property was located in the backyard shed by the owner. Investigation ongoing.
- 134 N. Dumas – Burglary – Dispatched in reference a delayed burglary. Contacted complainant who stated the burglary occurred over the weekend, and a drill was stolen. The scene was processed and photographed. Investigation ongoing.
- 500 S Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. It was found that a 2004 Jeep was northbound on S. Dumas Ave. and ran the red light at 5th The Jeep struck a 2007 Mitsubishi SUV. Both vehicles were towed by Packs. Driver and passenger of the Mitsubishi had minor injuries and were transported to the Moore County Hospital. Driver of the Jeep was issued a citation for No drivers License and disregard stop light.
- 1200 S. Maddox – Public Intoxication – Officer was patrolling S. Maddox and observed a male subject identified as Gaw Lan walking in the middle of the road while traffic was passing by. Investigation revealed that Lan was intoxicated, and he was arrested for Public Intoxication.
- 1300 block Bailey – Accident – Received a report of a subject that had been run over. It was found that the subject had been riding in a trailer being pulled by a Ford Bronco. Subject fell off of the front of the trailer and was run over by both right tires. Subject was transported to the ER via ambulance, and was found to have only minor injuries.
- 300 E 10th – Evading – Initiated traffic stop on a white male on a bicycle. Subject refused to stop and evaded. He went a few blocks and left the bike and evaded on foot. Troy Gfeller Jr. was apprehended in the backyard of a residence. Subject was in possession of methamphetamine, stolen property and drug paraphernalia. Gfeller was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Possession of Controlled Substance, Felony Evading, Theft and Criminal Trespass.
- 804 NE 4th – Citation Paraphernalia – Dispatched to Adult Probation in reference to meeting with probation officer. Made contact with probation officer who advised that she had been given consent to search a probationer’s vehicle. The Probation Officer advised that she located a glass pipe, small baggies and a digital scale in a duffle bag in the car. Erica Spain was issued a citation for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and released.
- 100 S Dumas Ave. – City Ordinance Violation – Met with subject in reference to selling hats at the above location. Subject did not have a permit, and he was directed to City Hall so he could purchase one. Warning Citation was issued.
- 100 N Dumas Ave. – Accident – A blue 2000 Chevrolet Avalanche backed from a parking space on the west side of CVS Pharmacy. A white GMC Terrain was parked in a parking space behind the Chevrolet. The Chevrolet backed without safety and struck the front of the GMC. No injury.
- 400 block Binkley – Citation Paraphernalia – Conducted a traffic stop on a 2004 Dodge truck for no seat belt driver. Contact made with Elias Nanes. Elias gave consent to search. A meth pipe was located between the seats. Nanes was issued Citation for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and warning for No Seat belt.
- 1600 S Meredith Ave. – Burglary – Dispatched on delayed burglary. Property taken was two hunting rifles and a laptop from an attached garage. Scene was processed and report made.
- 600 S Klein – Vandalism to Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to vandalism to a vehicle. Upon arrival, contact was made with victim who advised that unknown person(s) had vandalized two of her parents’ vehicles, a 1999 Nissan and a 1998 Buick. Both had the windshields broken and hoods jumped on. Photographs were taken of the damage and the scene was processed. Investigation on going.
- 100 N Dumas Ave. – Accident – A 2007 Chevrolet Silverado was exiting the parking lot of the China Buffet turning north onto N. Dumas Ave. A 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer was southbound in the turning lane. The Trailblazer struck the Silverado causing damage. Driver of the Trailblazer was transported to the Memorial Hospital ER as a precautionary.
- 600 block Bailey – Assault – Dispatched in reference to a physical family fight with no weapons. Dispatch advised parties had separated prior to arrival. Contact made with complainant and her adult daughter. Investigation revealed that a simple assault took place. Information was obtained and report written.
- 100 block Carson – Public Intoxication – Dispatched in reference to a female walking outside and swaying side to side. Subject located and identified as Debra Jones who had blood shot eyes, an odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from her breath and had trouble maintaining balance. The subject was not completely coherent and did not know where she was. Jones was taken into custody and booked for Public Intoxication.
- 700 S Birge – Citation Paraphernalia – Initiated traffic stop on a vehicle for moving violation. Contacted driver, and she gave consent to search vehicle. Passenger was identified Alex Lane Galla. He was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. He was cited for on view offense and released.
- 400 S Dumas Ave. – Accident/DWI – Dispatched in reference to a minor traffic accident. A 2010 Toyota Tacoma and a 2013 Chevy pickup were traveling north in the 400 block of Dumas Ave. The driver of the Toyota failed to control speed and struck the back of the Chevy as it slowed for traffic. There were no injuries. Investigation revealed that the driver of the Toyota, Richard Brown, was intoxicated. Brown was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 700 S Maddox – Accidental Injury – Dispatched in reference to an accidental injury. Made contact with male subject, who was on the ground bleeding from his stomach. Subject stated that he was attempting to unload a crossbow and accidentally discharged it, sending the arrow through his stomach. Subject was transported by ambulance. Injury was not believed to be life threatening.
- 2003 S Dumas Ave. – Criminal Trespass – Officers were dispatched to Walmart in reference to a criminal trespass violation. McKayli San Miguel was found to have an active criminal trespass warning for that location. She was located and arrested for criminal trespass.
- 1024 S Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched to the above location in reference to an accident. Investigation disclosed that a 2010 Ford Mustang had backed without safety and struck a stationary 2007 Chevrolet pickup. No injuries, report completed.
- 208 N Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to theft. Contact was made with Ian Davila. Investigation disclosed that he left the business with $9.23 worth of unpaid merchandise. Citation was issued.
- 1603 S Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a subject seen shoplifting. Ian Davila was located and arrested for theft.
- 800 Normandy – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to a criminal mischief. Contact with complainant, who advised they had been out of town and returned to find a front window and front glass door shattered. Investigation ongoing.