The Dumas Police Department reported the following:
- 1300 block of Beard. Officers responded to reports of gunshots. Their investigation revealed they came from the Memorial Day Service at McDade Park.
- 100 block of Cherry. Officers responded to a report of a disturbance between a mother and daughter. Complainant said she had been in a pushing fight with her daughter over custody of her 3-year-old granddaughter. No injuries were observed, and neither party wanted to pursue charges. They were referred to civil court.
- 600 block of Cedar. Officers responded to a domestic disturbance. The investigation revealed parties were involved in a verbal altercation over their divorce process. As the female party was attempting to leave the scene in a vehicle, the male party turned the vehicle and took away the keys, causing unwanted physical contact.
- 700 block of Oak. Officers responded to a report of a door being kicked in. The investigation showed unknown person(s) kicked the front door, causing damage. Complainant didn’t know of any suspects. Entry was not made into the apartment.
- 100 block of East 1st. A white 2004 Peterbilt, towing a flatbed trailer and a dozer, was west in the 100 block of North Dumas Avenue. The Peterbilt didn’t allow for enough clearance and drove the trailer onto the northeast curb of the intersection. The dozer blade struck the power pole for the traffic signal. The pole had to be replaced. No damage to the trailer or dozer. No injury.
- 300 block of East 19th. Officers responded to a report of theft of medication. Contact was made with director of nursing. Employee confessed to the theft and was transported to the police station for questioning and later booked into the jail on possession of controlled substance less than 1 gram. Investigation is ongoing.
- 600 block of South Maddox. Officers responded to a theft report. Officers made contact with an employee who had detained the subject. Subject was issued criminal trespass warning for the store.
- 500 block of 7th. Minor accident with no injuries.
- 2000 block of South Dumas Avenue. Reckless driver. Investigation disclosed that a gray Lexus with Oklahoma plates was driving at a high rate of speed. Officers checked the area but were unable to locate the vehicle.
- 700 block of 1st. Hit and run accident. Red PT Cruiser struck a gas meter and fled. Vehicle and juvenile offender were located. Juvenile was later transported to TYC.
- 100 block of North Dumas Avenue. Minor accident. White Ford Expedition struck Green Chevy Aveo. No injuries, and no damage occurred. Blue forms issued.
- 300 block of 1st. Officers responded to a report of a beer theft. Complainant stated a young Hispanic male wearing a green shirt and white shorts took $29.99 from the store. Suspect dropped the beer in the parking lot and fled in a black extended cab pickup truck.
- 200 block of Oak. Minor accident. Black Ford Expedition and gray Cadillac each backed from private drives into each other in the street. No injuries.
- 600 block of South Maddox. Warrant service on George Milton Ward for Moore County warrant. Ward was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County Jail for theft of services over $500 and less than $1,500 without further incident.
- 700 block of East 7th. Minor accident. 2013 Chevy Suburban and 2005 Chevy Avalanche. No injuries.
- 200 block of Oak. Officers responded to a report of vandalism to a vehicle. Complainant said that sometime between 11:30 p.m. on May 27 and 7:55 a.m. on May 28, an unknown person(s) had broken the windshield on her maroon 2014 Jeep Patriot. It was revealed that her daughter had used the vehicle the night before. The damage was photographed, and the investigation is ongoing.
- 400 block of Carson. Officers reported to an alarm. Contact was made with subjects who had permission to be on the premises to paint. During the investigation, it was revealed that Pete Zamora had an outstanding TDCJ Parole Division warrant for parole violation. Zamora was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 1500 block of South Dumas Avenue. Border Patrol had four escapees at about 8:30 a.m. Officers walked the canyon southeast of Walmart in an attempt to locate them. There were fresh shoe tracks in the bottom of the canyon, and they traveled east from behind Walmart. They were not located.
- 500 block of North Maddox. Officers responded to an assault and a vehicle doused in gasoline. Investigation found that an unknown subject arrived on scene in a black Dodge Charge and attempted to assault the complainant in the parking lot and then doused his white 2000 Pontiac in gasoline. Suspect was then confronted by other subjects and left the scene prior to officer’s arrival. CID was contacted to further investigate the incident.
- Warrant Service. Randy Doninguez was found to have an outstanding warrant for theft of property less than $500 and under $$1,500. He was booked into the Moore County Jail for the warrant.
- 100 block of North Dumas Avenue. Minor accident. A brown Chevy Malibu and a gray Ford pickup truck. No injuries.
- 200 block of South Dumas Avenue. Officers responded to a report of the smell of marijuana coming from a vehicle. Made contact with occupant. Due to the immediate smell of marijuana, vehicle was searched and officers found several items of drug paraphernalia. Occupant was issued a citation.
- 2000 block of South Dumas Avenue. Officers responded a theft report. Loss prevention personnel had a theft suspect detained who went past the point of sale with $71.63 worth of merchandise. Subject was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for theft under $50.
- 1700 block of East First Street. Officers responded to a domestic disturbance. Female said she had been assaulted by her boyfriend Edward Garcia. Garcia was interviewed and taken to the Moore County Jail and booked for FV Assault impede breath/circulation. An EPO completed.
- 900 block of South Bennett. Officers responded to a report of juveniles breaking into a vehicle. Complainant said two juveniles were in his work truck. A Verizon Internet air card is missing.
- 1100 block of South Maddox. Officers responded to a report of suspicious people in the alley. Juveniles ran into the backyard of 1105 Durrett. Officers detained two juveniles. Citations for minor in consumption issued to two juveniles. They were released to their parents.
- 200 block of East 10th. Officers made contact with a male subject walking east on the right side of the road. Investigation determined the subject to be intoxicated. Subject was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for public intoxication.
- 500 block of Oak. Subject arrested for public intoxication began to resist and refused to comply with officers’ commands. Subject booked for public intoxication and resisting.
- 400 block of Spruce. Officers responded to a domestic disturbance. Arguing, pushing and shoving.