A man tried to lure a boy into his van in the 800 block of Zauk, Dumas police reported. On Oct. 21, a Hispanic man driving a gold van with Arizona tags told the boy his mother wanted him to pick up him up. The boy quickly left the area, but the police weren’t able to locate the van.
Dumas police also reported:
1. 124 E. 7th – Lost Property – Complainant advised he left his wallet at Allsup’s at 208 N. Dumas Ave.
2. 600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Officer observed a minor accident in the 100 block of E 6th St. It was found that a 2002 Chevrolet Impala (Unit 1) traveling north in the 600 blk of S Dumas Ave failed to stop at the red light, striking a 2003 Ford Windstar (Unit 2) that was traveling east through the intersection. A passenger of the Ford was transported to Memorial Hospital. A citation was issued to the driver of the Impala for red light violation.
3. 600 block N. Maddox – Assault – Officers dispatched on an assault. Officers found a male subject had assaulted a female subject at another location during an argument. Charges Pending.
4. 700 block E. 16th – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. The individual was on a black motorcycle heading east on 16th. Officer was unable to find the driver.
5. 100 block N. Dumas Ave. – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Complainant advised he went inside CVS Pharmacy and left his vehicle unlocked. When he returned a few minutes later his Droid Turbo 2 cellular phone in a black life-proof case was missing. Under investigation.
6. 600 block Powell – Assault – During an argument, a female subject punched her husband in the face. Charges pending.
7. 300 block Oak – Alarm – Dispatched in reference COPsync alarm from room No. 68 at Green Acres. Officers checked the area and made contact with staff. It was found to be a false alarm.
1. 500 block Oak – Warrant Service – Officer was patrolling in the 500 block of Oak and observed Melissa Sybounheuang standing outside a residence. Officer was informed subject was wanted out of Moore County. Warrant was confirmed and Melissa was arrested for B/F Poss. CS PG 1<1G WRT #5363, and booked into the Moore County Jail without incident.
2. 124 E. 7th – SCAM – Complainant advised she was getting phone calls from subjects claiming she had not paid enough taxes and could be arrested if she didn’t pay them. This is a scam. The IRS will not contact you by phone.
3. 200 block Chelsea – Disturbance – Officers dispatched on a disturbance. Male and female subject arguing and pushing each other. No injuries. No charges filed.
4. 500 block Bennett – SCAM – Dispatched in reference to a scam. Spoke to the complainant who said 876-251-6178 called her saying they were with the Publisher’s Clearing House, and she won money and a brand new car. To collect the money and car she needed to go to Bank of America. She advised the subject she wasn’t close to a Bank of America. The individuals told her to go to Walmart to register for her money, but she needed to go alone. The complainant told the individuals she wasn’t going to send money and hung up the phone.
5. 1200 block S. Meredith – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a neighborhood disturbance. Determined to be juveniles arguing over a dodge ball game. No offense.
6. 1600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop conducted for defective brake light. Driver, Matthew Cruz found to have outstanding Moore County Warrant No. 28175
Fail to Identify and Warrant# 28233 FTA. Matthew was arrested and booked. Warning issued for brake light.
7. 200 block E. 16th – Theft/Warrant Service/Narcotics – Officers were dispatched to Toot N Totum located at 1603 S Dumas Ave, in reference to a theft. Dumas dispatch advised that subject involved would be a female. While en-route, officers observed a female subject walking east on E 16th St. Contact was made with Zoila Anna Treviño who was observed to have a Toot N Totum fountain drink. Officers determined Treviño had two active warrants out of Moore County for Credit Card Abuse Cnt I & Cnt II. She was also found to be in possession of narcotics and paraphernalia. Treviño was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for W# 5422 and for Poss. CS PG 1 1G < 4G.
1. 200 block N.W. 5th – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop conducted on Benancio Rodriguez for defective brake light. Subject was arrested for warrants out of Hale county, B34877-0607/A31944-201 failure to provide child support.
2. 1603 block S. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance – Officers dispatched on a male subject bothering customers. Contact made with the subject who advised he was attempting to find a ride to Dalhart. Subject was asked to leave the premises.
3. 2000 block S. Dumas Ave. – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a white truck going north and a truck driver who had seen the passenger in said vehicle holding up a “help me” sign. County units were able to stop the vehicle on the 100 block of West 2nd. It was
determined that everything was alright.
4. 1900 block S. Dumas – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious male subject in a vehicle. Made contact with the subject who advised he was just there resting and using the Internet. The subject was checked for warrants and released.
1. 100 block N. Klein – Theft – The complainant stated sometime between 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 19, 2016, and 11:30 a.m. on Oct. 20, 2016, unknown person(s) had stolen two front tires off a Yardman riding mower that was located behind the business.
2. 124 E. 7th – Warrant Service – Warrant service on Michael Green. Marshal Warrant for possession of weapon (#7710182953) and ATF Warrant for weapon offense (#781045160126) confirmed. Green arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail.
3. SCAM – Dispatched in reference to a scam. Contact was made with the complainant who advised that she was contacted by a business online. Asking her to send $3,900 to the business by Money Gram. Complaint did not lose any money, just wanted Dumas Police Department aware of the situation.
4. 1600 block Twichell – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. Officers were unable to locate the motorcycle the complaint described. The complainant advised the motorcycle drives at a high rate of speed down Twichell and W 16th everyday around 1500. Officers will watch the area.
5. SCAM – Dispatched to above in reference to a scam. Contact was made with the complainant who advised she was contacted by a survey company online. The business sent her $2,500 by check for her to complete a survey at Walmart, asking her to send the $2,500 that she received from the business, back to the business by Money Gram.
1. 900 block Hastings – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a subject dressed as a clown standing on the corner of Hastings and Shamrock. Officers arrived and canvassed the area but were unable to locate.
2. 300 block S. Klein – Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a warrant service. Arrived and made contact with Chief Payne, Dumas ISD Police who advised after running a student for student parking she was found to have a warrant out of Moore County. Contact was made with Cassandra Chairez, and after receiving confirmation of the warrant from dispatch, Chairez was arrested and transported to the Moore County Jail and booked for Capias #27947.
3. 400 block W. 11th – Criminal Mischief – Officer dispatched to 400 block of W. 11th in reference to a burglary of a residence. Officer arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised she left her residence at 10 a.m. and returned at noon. She noticed her back bedroom window appeared to be open but actually had been broken out. Nothing was taken from inside the residence, and she did notice both gates in the backyard were open. Close patrol was completed and incident is under investigation.
4. SCAM – Spoke to the complainant who advised she has been receiving multiple calls from a unknown individual in Mexico claiming to be her cousin asking her to wire money to Odessa. She wanted officers to be aware of the scam.
5. 400 block Spruce – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a verbal domestic. Arrived and spoke with subjects who advised they were having a verbal fight. There were no signs of a physical altercation. Both parties were separated for the night.
6. 100 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Both vehicles pulled out of the roadway and into the CVS parking lot. The driver of a GMC Yukon was waiting at a red light when the driver of a Dee King semi bumped into the back of the Yukon. The damages to both vehicles were under $1,000, and blue forms and insurance information was exchanged. No injuries in the accident.
7. 1400 Twichell – Reckless Driver – Dispatched to the above location in reference to a reckless driver. The vehicle description given was a motorcycle. Searched the area and was unable to locate the vehicle.
8. 600 block Bennett – Check suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious male. Searched the area and was unable to locate.
9. SCAM -Dispatched in reference to a scam. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised a unknown male Jamaican subject told her she won a 2016 Denali, washer, dryer, $500,000 and requested her to send money via Western Union to collect her prizes.
10. 600 block Bailey – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Officers met with complainant who stated a white female approximately 5’5” with long brown hair came to the house in order to sell stuff for college. The female returned a short time later and asked to use the bathroom and when she was in the bathroom she took the complainants wedding band from a jewelry box in the bathroom. It is described as a gold banded ring with a 1-carat CZ diamond on top.
11. 700 block S. Birge – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a maroon Eclipse that almost struck another car and was possibly intoxicated. Officers conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle and everything appeared to be OK, and there were no signs of impairment.
12. 200 block S. Porter – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Arrived at location, and music had already been turned down. Advised occupants of the residence to keep it down.
13. 500 block Phillips – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. It was found that a maroon 2010 Pontiac was southbound in the 400 block of Phillips when she failed to yield at the 5th street intersection striking a 2002 Jeep. No injuries.
1. 1000 block E. 8th St. – Possible Gunshots – Dispatched in reference to possible shots fired. Patrolled the area and asked residence in the neighborhood about any possible gunshot noises. Unable to locate.
2. 300 block Elm – Recovered Stolen – Officers dispatched on a stolen ATV. Officers located the ATV, and it was returned to the owner. Investigation and charges pending. During the investigation, officers made contact with Armando Vasquez who was found to be in possession of marijuana. He was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail.
3. 900 block E. 1st – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious person wearing a green jacket and blue jeans. Searched the area and was unable to locate.
4. 700 block Spruce – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Spoke to the subject and advised him to turn down his music.
5. 300 block N. Birge – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to subjects shining laser pointer at passing vehicles. Officers were unable to locate.
6. 100 block Armstrong – Loud Music – Received a call of loud music. Contact made with owners of the residence who turned down the music.
1. 700 block Elm – Loud Music – Loud music was located and turned down.
2. 1200 block Durrett – Loud Music – Complaint of open fire and loud music at the above location. Contact made with homeowner who was tending a closed fire. Music was also turned down.
3. 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Subjects observed pushing approximately $2000 worth of items out of store in carts. This was found while Asset Protection was reviewing video. Suspects identified, Charges pending.
4. 800 block Pheasant Run – Lost/Stolen Property – Dispatched in reference to lost property. Spoke with the complainant who stated she was placing items inside her Dodge Ram pickup and set the iPad on side of the pickup bed with her cup. She then proceeded to Walmart. The direction of travel was north from 800 block of Pheasant Run, west on E 8th, on E 8th heading south on Melinda, then traveling south on Melinda to E 14th. turned west on 14th to S Maddox, from south Maddox they turned south towards E 19th. When they pulled into the gas pumps at Walmart she remembered the iPad, but it was gone. She retraced her route but was unable to locate it. The iPad is white with a pink & purple Otter Box case on it. Under investigation.
5. 100 block E. 4th – Traffic/Narcotics – Conducted a traffic stop in the 100 block of E. 4th on a black Chevy Cobalt for defective license plate lamp. Made contact with driver who identified himself. He did not have a DL or ID. It was later found through fingerprints in the jail that Jesus Espinal-Sanchez had lied to officers about his identity. During the investigation officers located narcotics, paraphernalia and forged government documents. Espinal-Sanchez was arrested for Poss. of CS PG1<1g, Fail to ID, Poss. of Counterfeit Government document and issued a warning for No DL and a warning for defective brake light.
6. 100 block E. 7th – Traffic/Narcotics/Warrant Service – Initiated traffic stop on a blue Chevy Tahoe driven by George Gamboa. George Gamboa was arrested for DWLI and cited for open container. Rebekah Vega was arrested on capias warrant. At the jail, Rebekah was found to have Methamphetamines concealed. She was charged with prohibited substance inside a correctional facility. Felony 3.