Last Updated on July 14, 2015 – 6:30 PM CDT
Above: Dumas police officers arrested Matthew Dominguez on Friday after he tried to evade them in his car. (Steve Ramos/Moore County Journal)
A man attempted to evade Dumas police officers and a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper Friday and was booked into the Moore County Jail for evading in a motor vehicle, assault class C and possession of drug paraphernalia.
According to the police report, officers located Matthew Dominguez and a victim in the area of 12th Street and Bruce Avenue after a domestic assault in a vehicle was reported. Dominguez tried to evade the officers in a vehicle after they tried to make contact with him. He was arrested in the 1100 block of Mills Avenue.
Police said the DPS trooper was in the vicinity and assisted them.
Dumas police also reported the following:
- 200 block W. 14th – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to possible prowler in the area, knocking on doors. Officers canvassed the area in an attempt to locate. Officers were unable to locate, complainant did not wish contact.
- 500 block Phillips – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a prowler. Officer canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Officer observed a garage door to a residence open in the area. Contact was made with homeowner who advised that everything was OK. Officers were unable to locate prowler, complainant did not wish contact.
- 600 block Bailey – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a possible prowler. Contact made with the complainant who stated they heard a loud noise from behind their house but did not see anything. Officers checked the area and were unable to locate.
- 1100 block Morton – Fireworks – Dispatched in reference to fireworks in alleyway. Searched the immediate area and was unable to locate any activity.
- 200 block Porter – Hit and Run – Dispatched to a hit-and-run. Made contact with the complainant who advised her 1990 Oldsmobile was hit while parked at the apartments. White paint transfer was observed on the driver’s door, and the driver’s side mirror was broken off.
- 700 block Morton – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Contact was made with the complainant who advised he was missing $140 cash from his residence. After investigation, it is believed his juvenile daughter was in possession of the money. The complainant advised he would speak to her and recontact if he needed further assistance.
- 100 block Oak – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. Unable to locate.
- Twichell/Fox – Speed survey – Officers conducted a speed survey in the area by contacting citizens for surveys.
- 124 E. 7th – Violation of Protective Order – Contact was made with a female complainant who advised she had been receiving several back-to-back calls from a male subject who does hold an active protective order against him. Phone was photographed, statement was obtained, and charges will be filed for Violation of a Protective order.
- 500 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a semi-truck that had struck a light pole and left the scene. Contact was made with the vehicle at Toot’nTotum North. Investigation found that a 2007 Peterbuilt, pulling a trailer, had made an improper right turn from N. Dumas Ave. to N. 6th St. and struck a light pole at the intersection with the trailer. Accident report completed.
- 200 block N. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to screaming sounds. Officers arrived and canvassed the area. The sound was determined to be fighting cats.
- Julie Dr. – Fireworks – Dispatched in reference to possible gunshots in the area. While canvassing, several aerial fireworks were observed in the area. Officers were not able to locate the source of the fireworks.
- 1600 block E. 7th – Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to a stolen brown 2010 Ford Edge. Complainant stated her nephew took the keys from a purse and drove away, possibly towards Trinidad, Colorado. An attempt to locate was broadcast, and the vehicle was recovered traveling through Dalhart. The driver was arrested.
- 1600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Hit and Run – Dispatched in reference to a hit-and-run. Officer arrived and made contact with the complainant who drives a JB Hunt semi-truck out of Oklahoma. An unknown vehicle struck the truck, causing minor damage in the parking lot and fled the scene. Surveillance video from Toot’n Totum was obtained. Report completed and under investigation.
- 100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic Control – Dispatched in reference to traffic control for oversized loads on W. 1st Street heading south on S. Dumas Ave. Traffic control conducted without incident.
- 200 block Morton – Parking Violations – Dispatched in reference to a complaint about trailers being parked on the side of the road, causing a bottleneck effect with passing vehicles. Made contact with residents on Morton, and they both advised the trailers would be moved no later than this evening.
- 100 block N. Birge – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to vandalism. Contact made with complainant. Investigation disclosed that sometime in the morning, person(s) unknown broke out three windows of the residence.
- 300 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor MVA. Unit 1, a white 2002 Ford F150, was northbound on the 300 block of S. Dumas Ave. Unit 1 was following too closely, which resulted in striking Unit 2, a white Ford transit van. No injuries.
- 500 block Elm – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor MVA. Unit 1, a white 2006 Chevy 2500, backed without safety, which resulted in striking Unit 1, a blue Honda Ridgeline. No injuries.
- 800 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a MVA. Unit 1, a green 2000 Ford Focus, was following too closely, which resulted in striking Unit 2, a white 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. No injuries.
- 800 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched to Happy State Bank parking lot in reference to an MVA. Investigation disclosed unit 1 reversed, striking unit 2, causing minor damage. Blue forms were issued.
- 1400 block S. Maddox – Assault – Officer flagged down at the above location. Officer made contact with the complainants who advised Manuel Zubia slapped him in the face and left the scene prior to officer’s arrival. Officers located Zubia at Walmart where he failed to identify. Zubia was arrested and booked into Moore County Jail for Assault causing Bodily Injury and Fail to Identify.
- 100 block El Paso – Fireworks – Officer was dispatched in reference to someone popping fireworks. Officer checked area and didn’t locate anyone.
- 200 block Denton – Alarm – Officer was dispatched in reference to a glass break alarm. Officer arrived and spoke with owner. Everything was OK, just weather-related due to hail.
- 1400 block S. Dumas – Traffic control – Dispatched in reference to assisting several small children and teachers cross the road. The group was crossed without incident.
- 1500 block South Meredith – Child in Vehicle – Dispatched to the above location in reference to a child who was locked in a vehicle. Upon arrival, contact was made with the complainant who advised that she had stepped out of her vehicle momentarily, and the wind shut the door with her 1-and-a-half-year-old child inside of it. It was confirmed that the vehicle was running, the A/C was on, and the child was secured in a child safety seat. Locksmith was contacted and accessed the vehicle without incident.
- 100 block N. Dumas – Accident – A traffic accident investigation revealed unit 1, a red Ford pickup truck, was southbound in the 100 block of N. Dumas Ave. in the outside lane. Due to driver inattention, unit 1 struck unit 2, a white GMC pickup truck, who was stationary southbound,also in the 100 block of N. Dumas Ave. Minor damage. No injuries. Accident report completed.
- 600 S. Klein – Fireworks – Dispatched in reference to fireworks being used. Made contact with a suspect who confirmed he was using small firecrackers in his backyard and was unaware he could not use them. Fireworks were disposed of. Nothing further.
- 700 block Oak – Structure Fire – Officer dispatched in reference to a structure fire. Officer arrived on scene and assisted fire department. Investigation determined the residents left the stove on and caused only minor damage.
- Officers responded to about 20 911 and alarm calls, all weather related.
- 500 block E. 3rd – Prowler/Curfew Violation – Dispatched in reference to male and female subjects standing by the complainant’s vehicle. Officer canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Officer observed two juveniles in the area. Contact was made with complainant, who advised that everything is OK with his vehicle. He further advised he heard his dogs barking, which caused him to look out his bedroom window and that’s when he saw the two subjects standing next to his car. The juveniles were detained then released to a guardian and both issued Citation for Curfew Violation.
- 300 block Oak – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to prowlers in the alley. Officers canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Officers were unable to locate, complainant did not wish contact.
- 1300 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Flagged down in reference to a semi-truck that hit the cross walk sign pole on the northwest corner of the intersection at 14th Street and Dumas Ave. The truck was located, and TxDOT contacted and arrived on scene to repair the sign. Accident report completed.
- 1700 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched to Fenton Ford parking lot on a vehicle accident. 2012 Dodge backed south out of parking spot into 2002 Explorer that was parked facing west. No injuries.
- 400 block N.W. 5th – Disturbance – Dispatched to 407 NW 5th in reference to domestic disturbance. Made contact with a male and female who were arguing over finances. The male agreed to leave the residence.
- 1000 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A subject made contact with dispatch advising he had hit a pole with electrical boxes. It was found the driver was driving a large box truck and attempted to drive into the alley behind the Restwell Motel and caught the boxes and tore them off the pole. The boxes were found to be components to the tornado siren and EOC was notified.
- 700 block S. Bliss – Found Property – A Moore County Deputy found a wallet on NE 4th St. in the middle of the street. Officers located the owner who looked through it and advised nothing was missing.
- 600 block E. 14th – Reckless Driving – Dispatched in reference to a Camaro and a four-door car possibly racing. Arrived and located the two vehicles stationary. The drivers advised they had not been racing. The complainant did not want contact.
- 124 E. 7th – Marijuana Use – Contacted by a subject at the police department who had questions about recreational marijuana use. She was advised it is still illegal in Texas.
- 1600 block E. 7th – Fireworks – Fireworks being set off in the walkway between apartments. Unable to locate.
- 800 block Normandy – Barking Dog – Officer dispatched in reference to a barking dog. Officer checked area and didn’t locate or hear any dogs barking. Officer continued to check area but was unable to locate.
- Numerous Locations – City Ordinance Violation (Signs) – Observed several garage sale signs at various locations on utility poles and boxes at street corner. Contact made with residents at several residences who were advised of the city ordinance and instructed to remove the signs. Signs were removed.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched to Walmart on shoplifter in custody. Made contact with LP Officer. Suspect Birtie Barber had concealed merchandise valued at $32 and passed all points of sale. Birtie was issued a citation for theft and a criminal trespass warning.
- 1200 E. 1st – Racing on Highway/Street – Observed a silver 2004 Dodge pick-up truck and a white 2008 Chevrolet pick-up truck racing westbound on the 1200 block of E. 1st. Made traffic stop on the 300 block of E. 1st. Wayne McIntosh was driving the Dodge pick-up, and Christian Perez was driving the Chevrolet pick-up. Both were arrested, transported and booked into the Moore County Jail for Racing on Highway.
- 600 block Melinda – Barking Dogs – Dispatched in reference to barking dogs. Contact was made with the owners who advised that they would bring the dogs inside.
- 300 block S. Birge – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a verbal domestic. Arrived and found the subjects had been arguing over whether or not the female party could take the 3-year-old daughter to a family party.
- 100 block Cherry – Reckless Driving – Flagged down at McDade Park in reference to reckless driving. Spoke with the complainant who advised that for the past several months there have been several vehicles driving recklessly in the 100 and 200 blocks of Cherry. He was advised that the information of reckless driving would be forwarded to other officers.
- 1024 S. Dumas – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a hit-and-run. Spoke with the complainant who advised that a 2005-2009 tan Ford pickup truck had struck pumps No. 7 and No. 8 and drove away north on Highway 287. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle. CR3 completed.
- 300 block S. Birge – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a verbal dispute between husband and wife. The female left for the evening. The male was intoxicated and stayed at that address. Nothing physical happened.
- 1000 S. Dumas – Disturbance/Possession of Marijuana – Dispatched to the location in reference to suspicious activity. Contact was made with motel owner who advised the renters of one of the rooms had some guests who were disturbing other renters with the driving in and out of the parking lot. Contact was made with renter who, immediately after making contact. was advised by officers they could smell marijuana inside of the apartment. The renter confessed to being in possession of marijuana and agreed to surrender the marijuana to officers. Once inside the room, contact was made with a second renter who produced marijuana from the restroom and was then placed under arrest. Monica Garcia and Anna Martinez were arrested and booked in to the Moore County Jail for possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces.
- 1024 S. Dumas – Theft– Dispatched to Allsup’s in reference to a gas drive-off. Dispatch advised a white Dodge truck pulling a camper left without paying for $66 worth of gasoline. Officers were unable to locate.
- 300 block N. Maddox – Traffic – Officer initiated traffic stop on a red 1997 ford pickup truck for speed. The driver did not have a driver’s license or insurance for the vehicle and was issued a citation for No DL and No Insurance and a warning on the speed. The vehicle was inventoried and impounded.
- 1800 block E. 1st – Warrant Service – Officers initiated Warrant Service on Richard Beecroft and Tracey Kindrick. Both were arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail without incident.
- 1400 Guylane Plaza – Parking Violation – Dispatched to United in reference to a person parked in the handicap spot illegally. Contact was made with the driver who was cited for parking violation and open container.
- 500 block S. Birge – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to people arguing in the alley. Unable to locate.