- 1700 block S. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance – Officers responded to a disturbance that was determined to be a verbal domestic dispute.
- 300 block Denton – Disturbance – Officers responded to a disturbance that was determined to be a verbal domestic dispute. The male subject left the residence.
- 300 block N. Dumas Ave. – Criminal Trespass/Criminal Mischief – Property owner reported two juveniles have been trespassing on the property and causing damage. Charges pending.
- 1400 Guylane Plaza – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to a criminal mischief. Complainant stated his black 2009 Chevrolet pickup was parked on the east side parking lot of Big R. He noticed a white Chevrolet pickup next to his pickup. As the white pickup left, he noticed eggs to have been smashed all over the passenger side of his pickup. Under investigation.
- 1200 block E. 1st – Evading Arrest/Detention – Attempted to initiate a traffic stop on a 2005 Honda CBR 1000 that refused to stop for speeding. The vehicle was observed to be going approximately 60 mph in a 40-mph zone. The vehicle was followed through E district and D district before being involved in an accident in the 100 block of North 5th Driver James Valenzuela was transported to the Moore County Hospital ER to be treated for his injuries. Valenzuela was medically cleared and arrested for evading arrest with a motor vehicle and was issued a citation for operating a motorcycle without a Class M license.
- 400 block Pine – Parking Violation/COV – Officer placed 72-hour warning stickers on two vehicles at the above location due to parking violations and expired registration.
- 300 block S. Bliss – Accident – A 2007 Kia Rondo was northbound in the parking lot of 315 S. Bliss. A gray 2002 Mercury Sable backed (without safety) from a parking space on the west side of the parking lot and struck the Kia. No injury.
- 700 N.E. 4th – Missing Child – Flagged down by a complainant who advised that her 7-year-old son was last seen by NE 3rd and had not seen him for approximately 20 minutes. The area was canvassed, and the juvenile was located at the corner of Geary Road and Bailey with friends. Edwin was transported back home and released to his mother. Nothing further.
- 124 E. 7th St. – Criminal Mischief – Officer was dispatched to the Dumas Police Department in reference to a criminal mischief. Officer arrived and met with the complainant who said sometime March 1 his 2009 Chevy Tahoe got keyed. Under investigation.
- 1300 S. Dumas Ave. – Forgery – Officer was dispatched to LaBella Pizza in reference to a counterfeit $100 bill. Officer arrived and spoke with the owner who informed officer his delivery driver had taken a pizza to Motel 6, and a male subject gave the driver a counterfeit $100 bill for the pizzas. Driver gave change back for $60.00. The suspect was located and transported back to PD for interviewing. The suspect said he didn’t know the bill was fake and got it from someone in Amarillo. Counterfeit bill was confiscated, and the $60.00 was returned back to LaBella’s. Investigation will be forwarded to U.S. Secret Service.
- 300 block Cedar – SCAM – Officer was dispatched in reference to a scam. Officer arrived and spoke to the complainant who informed the officer an unknown subject from New York contacted her and said her oldest grandson was in jail, and she needed to send money. She knew it was a scam and didn’t send any money.
- 2025 bock S. Dumas – Fire Alarm – Officer was dispatched to the Payless Shoe Store in reference to employees smelling smoke coming from inside. Officer arrived, and employees and customers were removed from the building until fire department cleared the building. Everything was OK, and it was an air conditioner unit problem.
- 1900 block S. Dumas Ave. – Open Door – Officer observed a vehicle in the La Quinta parking lot with an open door. Located the owner of the vehicle staying at the motel. The owner advised that nothing appeared to have been tampered with and believes she may have left it open by accident.
- 100 block N. Birge – Public Intoxication – Dispatched in reference to a prowler. Officers made contact with subject Michael Logan who was found on the front porch of 125 N. Birge knocking on the door. Logan was found to be intoxicated and a danger to himself or others and was taken into custody. Logan was booked into the Moore County jail for public intoxication.
- 1200 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A gray 2015 Nissan Versa was northbound in the 1200 block of south Dumas and turning east into a private drive. A gray 2011 Toyota 4 Runner was behind the Nissan in the same lane. The Toyota failed to control speed and collided with the Nissan. The driver of the Nissan was transported by Ambulance to the Moore County Hospital where he was treated and released.
- 800 block N.E. 4th – Warrant Service – Warrant service at the above location on a Carlos Diaz. Warrant No. 5007, Sexual Assault on Dec. 21, 2013.
- 500 block Phillips – Prowler – Dispatch in reference to a prowler in the area. Officers canvassed the area in attempt to locate. UTL
- 124 E. 7th – Scam – Dispatched in reference to scams. Made contact with a complainant who advised that he has received calls from an unknown person demanding money by Western Union or he would be arrested. He advised the calls were coming from Maryland and confirmed that he did not send any money and wanted officers to be aware. Nothing further.
- 1700 block S. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to customers causing a disturbance. Made contact with the suspects who advised they had already spoken to the owner and were in the process of checking out. They gathered their personal belongings and exited the premises without further incident.
- 700 block S. Maddox – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor mva, no injuries. Unit 2, a white 2010 Ford F150, was properly stopped at the stoplight, northbound, at the intersection. Unit 1, a green Ford F150, was properly stopped directly behind Unit 2. Unit 1 Disregarded Traffic Control Device and struck Unit 2, FC to BC, causing minor damage. Accident report completed. Nothing further. No Injuries.
- 500 block S. Maddox – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to criminal mischief, arrived and found that at an unknown time within the past 24 hours, an unknown vehicle had struck the sprinkler system housing near the alley.
- 100 block N. Meredith – Accident – Dispatched to the above in reference to a minor accident, arrived and found that a white GMC Yukon had struck a white Ford F250 that was stopped at a stop sign. Accident report completed. No injuries.
- 300 block N. Porter – Truancy – Dispatched to juveniles setting a fire in the backyard of the above. Arrived and made contact with two juveniles who were found to be skipping school. Chief Payne was notified and took custody of the juveniles.
- 700 block S. Dumas – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident, no injuries. A 2012 brown Dodge pickup was traveling in the 500 block North Dumas Avenue (outside lane) when a white 2008 Chevrolet pickup went around him and cut in front of him. The driver had to immediately turn into the inside lane, and the passenger side mirror struck the driver side mirror of the white pickup. No injuries.
- 100 block Spruce – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Made contact with the violators, and the music was turned down.
- 100 block Armstrong – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to vandalism to a vehicle. Made contact with the complainant who advised sometime between 9 p.m. on March 4 and 8 a.m. on March 5, unknown person(s) had keyed the passenger side of her white 2013 Ford Fusion. Unknown person(s) had also damaged the passenger side mirror and slashed both passenger side tires and rear driver’s side tire.
- 600 Forrest – City Ord. Violation – Dispatched in reference to subject shooting a pellet gun in the front yard. Contact was made with the residents who advised that they had been shooting the pellet gun. They were advised of the city ordinance and advised that they would stop.
- 200 W. 3rd – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a fight in progress. Investigation disclosed that it was a verbal altercation only, and nothing physical had occurred. Parties were separated and left the scene. Nothing further.
- 500 Pear – DWI Accident – Observed a vehicle leave the roadway and strike a portable building on the north side of Hillcrest Elementary. The driver and passenger both admitted to being intoxicated. EMS arrived on scene and evaluated both parties. The passenger was cleared, released and transported to her residence by Moore County deputies. The driver, Joe Eric Ortiz, was transported to the ER for further evaluation. Joe did consent to a blood draw. Joe was admitted to the ER for further evaluation due to his high level of intoxication. Charges will be filed for DWI.
- 900 block Powell – Assault – Officers dispatched on a disturbance. Investigation revealed during an altercation both parties had sustained minor injuries and were both treated and released by the ER. Charges pending.
- 600 S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. A truck pulling a trailer struck a blue Corvette in the 600 block of South Dumas Avenue. No injuries.