Last Updated on August 6, 2015 – 11:09 AM CDT
A man claiming to be a Marine with 300 kills walked into an office in the 100 block of West 5th Street on July 28 and told the staff “they should start praying,” according to a Dumas Police report.
Police arrested Michael Mitchell for Terroristic Threat, and he was served a criminal trespass warning for the office. The report didn’t indicate if Mitchell was armed.
Dumas Police also reported the following:
- West 16th – Criminal Trespass/Warrant Service – Responded to a call of two subjects trespassing. The male subject was advised to leave the property. The female subject, Azlee Morgan, was arrested for two city of Dumas capias warrants and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 1100 block Bennett – Suspicious Persons – Responded to a call of a suspicious person attempting to get into a residence. Officers did not locate anyone in the area.
- 1200 block Beard – Graffiti – Officer spoke with complainant in reference to Graffiti. Officer arrived on scene and observed “Southside13” to be spray painted on Jacky’s sheet metal fence with blue spray paint. Officer further observed other words to be etched into the fence as well.
- 300 block Denton – Hit and Run – Dispatched in reference to a hit-and-run. Officer arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised someone had hit his pickup causing damage and left the scene without leaving any contact information.
- 200 block Floyd – City Ord. Violation (No Offense) – Dispatched in reference to a subject riding a golf cart. Officer canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Officer located subject in the alley. The golf cart was found to be equipped with proper lighting and operator over the legal limit. Nothing further
- 1400 block S. Dumas – City Ordinance Violation – Dispatched in reference to a golf cart recklessly being recklessly driven. Made contact with the golf cart’s occupants on the north side of McDade Park. The golf cart is in compliance with city ordinance standards due to it being an electric utility vehicle. There was no licensed driver on scene, so arrangements were made for a licensed driver to come get the vehicle.
- 1400 block S. Dumas – Suspicious Person – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious person outside of the business. Made contact with subject and after initial investigation, everything was all right. Subject left the scene without incident. Nothing further.
- 500 block N. 1st – Violation of Protective Order – Officers responded in reference to a subject that did not belong there. Contact made with complainant who stated that her husband, later identified as Matthew Tinney, had an active protective order against him and was not supposed to be there. Officer ran both subjects through dispatch and confirmed the active protective order. Matthew Tinney was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail. Nothing further.
- 1200 block Bennett – Accident – A white two-door 1985 Grumman mail vehicle was leaving the curb and driving south. A red 2009 Chevrolet Malibu backed (without safety) from a private drive on the west side of the 1200 block of Bennett, traveled east and struck the mail vehicle. No injuries.
- 300 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident/DWI – A gray 2014 Buick Rendezvous was stationary, preparing to turn into the parking lot of Sears from the turning lane, facing north. A maroon 2008 Dodge 1-ton pickup was traveling north in the 300 block of south Dumas in the turning lane. The Dodge pickup struck the rear of the Buick causing minor injuries. The Dodge pickup fled the scene, traveled west between buildings and struck a gas meter behind Sears. The pickup then drove north in the alley behind Sears and when reaching West 3rd Street, turned west and went to the 200 block of West 3rd. The pickup then attempted to park in an apartment parking lot on the north side of the street. The pickup struck the southwest corner of the apartment complex. The driver then ran into an apartment where he was located. The driver has injury due to accident. The investigation continues and alcohol may have been a factor.
- 1900 block S. Dumas – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Between 9 p.m. July 28 and noon July 28, an unknown person(s) broke the window out of a vehicle and took two bags full of triathlon equipment.
- 200 block N. Dumas Ave. – Suspicious Activity – Dispatched in reference to suspicious activity. Arrived and made contact with the complainant who advised that a white male wearing a neon green shirt has been coming into the office intermittently for the past several weeks but is not a client and has refused service. She advised that a short time prior to the call she observed the subject walk up to the front door of the building and draw 3 Xs in chalk on the door and leave.
- 3rd – DWI – Traffic stop conducted on a silver 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix for driving in the center lane and failed to signal lane change. Contact was made with Rodolfo Gaytan, who was found to be intoxicated and arrested for DWI 3rd or more.
- 200 block E. 1st – Criminal Mischief – Officer was dispatched to the Emergency Room parking lot in reference to a vandalized vehicle. Officer arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised her 2005 Chevy Tahoe had the passenger side window busted out sometime from 6:45 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.
- 100 block W. 14th – Accident – A 2011 gray GMC pickup was stopped and facing west in the 100 block of west 14th. The GMC was attempting to turn south into McDonalds. A 2003 red Ford pickup was traveling west in the same block behind the GMC. The Ford was watching the parking lot of McDonalds and struck the rear of the GMC. No injury.
- 1600 block E. 7th – Hit and Run – A white 2013 Scion was parked facing west on the north side of the street in the 1600 block of East 7th. The driver parked it before night on the day before the report. Sometime during the night, an unknown vehicle hit the front of the Scion and failed to leave information.
- 1300 block Porter – Traffic/Narcotics – Officer initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle for a moving violation. Kyler Moon was driving. Narcotics, prescription pills, personal identifying information and stolen property where located in the vehicle. Both were transported to Moore county jail. During a search at the jail, Moon was found in possession of 11.6 grams of methamphetamines. Miranda Marquez was arrested as well for the stolen property.
- 900 block Beard – Recovery of stolen property – A subject that purchased an Xbox notified the police department. The property was checked and was found to have been stolen from a recent residential burglary. The juvenile that sold the property was located, detained and later transported to the Youth Center of the High Plains for Burglary of a Habitation.
- 900 block Binkley – Unlawful Possession of a Firearm – Officers dispatched in reference to a subject carrying a gun in the street. Officers located the subject in the area and identified him as Alexandro Garcia. Officer then located a black handgun and open container of alcoholic beverage in the driver’s seat of a white SUV registered to Garcia. Officers found Garcia to be a convicted felon and in possession of a firearm. Garcia was arrested and booked into Moore County Jail for Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon.
- 700 block S. Maddox – Public Intoxication – Officer dispatched in reference to subject in the roadway. Officer arrived on scene and made contact with Ian Davila. Davila advised he had taken several different narcotics and had also been drinking. Davila was found to be intoxicated and a danger to himself/others. Davila was arrested and booked into Moore County Jail for Public Intoxication.
- 300 block S. Klein – Suspicious Persons – Officers were dispatched to Dumas High School in reference to subjects on the roof wearing masks. Officers arrived and located three juveniles on the west side of the school. The juveniles told officers they were playing “Par Core”, which is some sort of jumping game. RSO Lovell was notified, and he took custody of the juveniles.
- 200 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a motor vehicle accident. Investigation determined maroon 2009 Cadillac was southbound 200 S Dumas Ave and a white 2010 Ford Fusion was southbound behind the Cadillac. Driver of the Ford dropped their cell phone and reached for it as the Cadillac was turning into Kountry Donuts. Driver of the Ford failed to control speed and struck the Cadillac, causing sufficient damage. No injuries.
- 100 block Armstrong – Criminal Trespass – Dispatched in reference to a possible break-in. Contact made with the complainant who is the Realtor for the residence. Investigation determined an unknown subject broke in through the back door, entered the attic from the garage and partially fell through the ceiling in the living room, creating a large hole. Through further investigation officers developed a suspect. Charges pending contact of owner.
- 200 block N. Bliss – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to criminal mischief. Contact made with complainant. Investigation disclosed that unknown person(s) had broken out the back windshield of his 2004 Dodge pickup. Further investigation revealed that the front windshield and passenger side mirror had been damaged as well.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to criminal trespass. Made contact with Asset Protection who advised that he had detained Gari Latimer for theft under $50. It was confirmed that Latimer had passed all point of sales without paying for the merchandise, valued at $18.97. Citation was issued to Latimer for Theft Under $50.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a criminal trespass. Made contact with Asset Protection who had detained Freddie Young for Theft. It was confirmed that Young had passed all point of sales without paying for groceries ($13.57). Citation was issued to Young for Theft Under $50.
- 208 block N. Dumas Ave. – 2001 Suburban was in the Allsup’s parking lot and backed into a 2014 Gray Kia Forte. Minor Damage.
- 100 block Oak – Suspicious Person/Narcotics – Officer was traveling westbound in the 300 block of E. 1st Street, checking businesses when he observed a female subject in the alley behind Bonner’s Family Dentistry. Officer attempted to make contact, and the female subject began running north on the north side of the roadway towards N. 1st Street. Officer made contact with the female in the 100 block of Oak (East Alley) and instructed her to stop. She then again fled on foot. The female was found hiding in some high grass weeds. Female subject identified as Sidney Thornburg and was found to be intoxicated. During a search, officers located a clear bag containing several white pills, which were found to be prescription pain pills not prescribed to her. Thornburg was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Public Intoxication, Evading Arrest, and Possession of a Controlled Substance, Penalty Group 4, less than 28 grams, Class B Misdemeanor.
- 700 block E. 12th – Burglary of a Habitation – Officer dispatched in reference to a burglary. Officer arrived on scene and met with the complainant who advised an unknown subject(s) entered his residence through a window and stole a 55-inch TV, PlayStation 3, iPod, along with several other items.
- 1024 block S. Dumas – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a gas theft. Suspect vehicle described as a tan Chevy Silverado Texas tag AV09885 last seen driving south on Dumas Ave. Suspect described as a white male, thin with a blue shirt. Stole $47.54 worth of fuel. Unable to locate.
- 900 block S. Maddox – Hit and Run – Dispatched in reference to a hit and run. Contact made with the complainant who stated he was southbound on South Maddox, slowing to turn right onto East 9th when an unknown make/model older white 4d struck his gray 2006 Chevy Trailblazer FR to BL and fled the scene. No injuries.
- 900 block Hastings – Dumpster Fire – Responded to a dumpster fire. Determined subject placed hot charcoals in the dumpster. Fire dept. extinguished.
- 400 block Cedar – Accident – Dispatched in reference a minor 1050. Contact made with the complainant who advised her neighbor backed his 2006 Silver Ford F150 into her 2008 Maroon Chevy Silverado causing minor damage.
- 300 block Denton – Theft of Firearms – Officer was dispatched in reference to some rifles taken from the residence. Officer arrived and spoke with the complainant who informed officers sometime Friday or Saturday he noticed his three .22 caliber rifles brown were missing from his bedroom.
- 1700 block S. Dumas – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Upon arrival, contact was made with the complainant who advised after closing up the bar and escorting people out, she began to clean up the back bar when she realized that unknown subjects had taken several bottles of liquor. Video surveillance was reviewed, and it was learned that a Hispanic male subject wearing a brown T-shirt, blue jeans, black hat, with All-star shoes and a gold necklace had jumped over the bar and taken several bottles of liquor. In the process of identifying the suspect.
- 800 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched to minor MVA at Happy State Bank. Found a 1991 blue Dodge truck struck a 2001 Buick while the driver was inside the bank. The driver of Unit 1 was issued a citation for no driver’s license.
- 100 block N. El Paso – Warrant Service – Officers initiated warrant service on Mckayli San Miguel at her residence. San Miguel was taken into custody without incident.
- 300 block W. 6th – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched in reference to a burglary. Investigation disclosed that unknown person(s) forced entry into the front door and obtained an unknown make 32-inch flat screen TV.
- 511 block Pecan – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to a theft of a license plate. Contact was made with complainant who advised that sometime between July 24 and 6 p.m. Aug. 3, unknown subject(s) stole the front license plate from his white 2006 Buick Texas tag BYJ9802. Plate was entered into TCIC/NCIC.
- 1300 block Bruce – Suspicious Persons – Dispatched in reference to suspicious subjects near apartment 67. Subjects were not located.
- 600 block E. 1st – Suspicious Persons – Dispatched in reference to suspicious juveniles. Unable to locate.
- 2001 block S. Dumas Ave. – Counterfeit Money – Dispatched in reference to counterfeit currency. Contact was made with the complainant who advised that a female subject had used a counterfeit $100 bill at the store
- 100 block W. 6th – Accident – A 2011 gray Chevrolet pickup was in the drive-thru at the Dumas City Hall in the 100 block of West 6th The pickup traveled northeast while leaving the drive-thru. The pickup struck the concrete pole support in the northwest corner of the awning. No injury.