You might not want to answer a call from Adam Gaytan if you’re a Uber driver. According to a Dumas police report, he assaulted two people who were giving him a ride on two separate occasions. The report says Gaytan went to his brother-in-law’s house July 11 and asked for a ride after he was recently released from jail. While in the vehicle, Gaytan got angry and began to assault his brother-in-law and then got out of the car and took off walking.
He must have still had some anger to dish out because the report says on the same day he went to someone else’s house and asked for a ride there. Gaytan asked that person take him to the back of the Red Roof Inn where he began to assault the driver, causing bodily injury. The report says the driver got out of the car, and Gaytan took off in it, headed south. Potter County Sheriff’s Department later arrested him.
• 200 block N Bliss – Recovered stolen property – Flagged down reference suspicious bicycles and trailer on property. Located mini dirt bike reported stolen from this department ref #201607198. Trailer was towed to Pack’s by property owner request. Stolen property was released to owner, and the remaining bicycles were taken to the police department.
• 300 block E. 7th St. – Accident – Minor accident at the above location. A 2006 Toyota Tundra was stationary in the 300 block of E 7th Street, in attempt to travel south onto South Meredith. A 2008 Lincoln Town Car was traveling west on E 7th Street and failed to control speed, striking the 2006 Toyota. FC to BC, no injuries.
• 100 block W. 3rd St. – Accident – Minor accident. Driver of Unit 2 was stationary at the stop sign in the 100 block of West 3rd Street in a 2006 black Toyota Scion. Driver of Unit 1 was behind Unit 2 in a Silver 2010 Cadillac. Unit 1 failed to control speed causing Unit 1’s FD to strike Unit 2’s BD.
• 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Upon arrival, contact was made with Loss Prevention Manager, who said the business had an internal investigation on employee Mathew Chavez. It was learned that Mathew had loaded $25 onto a prepaid card and used the card for personal things. Mathew was issued a citation for theft under $99.
• 1200 block Beard – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to a burglary of a vehicle. Upon arrival, contact was made with complainant who advised between 1 a.m. and 8:45 a.m., subjects vandalized his 2007 Lincoln four-door passenger car. Subjects shattered out the front and back windshield, keyed the paint, and punctured several 1-inch holes in the car’s body.
• 1100 block S. Birge – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Contact was made with the complainant who advised unknown subjects at unknown times stole her son’s black Mongoose BMX bike from the front porch.
• 700 S Bliss – Theft – Dispatched in reference to stolen property. Arrived on scene and met with the complainant who stated his lawn mower was stolen from his back alley. He stated it was a red and black Troy-Built lawn mower, and he believed it was stolen around 6:30 p.m. on July 8.
• 1600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Spoke with the complainant by phone. He stated that on June 18, unknown person(s) had stolen two ATV bags full of items and a backpack full of fishing gear from the bed of his Ford F350 which was parked at the Days Inn on the west side.
• 800 N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an accident. Investigation disclosed that a 1998 F150 was northbound, and struck a tractor -trailer. No injuries.
• 700 block E. 1st St. – Accident – Minor accident. 2014 Dodge Charger was stopped facing east at a stop light in the inside lane. 2014 International “Coors” tractor-trailer was stopped facing east in the outside lane. Semi proceeded to turn south onto 100 block of South Maddox, striking the Charger on the passenger side with the front left wheel. Witness on scene stated the Charger was on the white lane dividing line when the accident occurred.
2. 100 Elm – Warrant Service – While conducting a search of the residence with adult probation, it was found subject Scott Weaver had an active Justice of the Peace Warrant. Weaver was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail.
• 100 N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Driver of Unit 2 was driving east in a 2012 Toyota in the parking lot located on the south side of CVS. Driver of Unit 1 was backing out of a parking space in a 2006 Ford pickup. Driver of Unit 1 backed without safety causing Unit 1’s BD to strike Unit 2’s BLQ. Unit 2 was towed. CR3 completed.
• 600 block N. Dumas Ave. – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to a burglary. Upon arrival, contact was made with the complainant who advised from July 5 to July 7 at unknown times, subjects took over $600 in tools from a company Chevy pickup parked on the south side of the business.
• 100 block S. El Paso – Traffic/Warrant Service/Narcotics – Officer stopped a Honda Accord for a traffic violation. After smelling marijuana in the vehicle, officers conducted a search and checked all occupants. Tony Miranda was arrested for outstanding warrants, and the driver was issued a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia and disregarding a stop sign.
• 200 block E. 2nd St. – Traffic/Narcotics – Traffic stop on Julian Barraza for Driving While License Invalid. Search of his person revealed a clear glass pipe and several small plastic baggies. Barraza was arrested and for DWLI and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
• 500 block E. 11th St. – Check Suspicious/Fail to Id/Narcotics – Officer was patrolling the residential areas at the above location. Officer observed a Hispanic male riding a bike between homes. Contact was made with the male subject due to suspicious activity. Subject identified himself, but officers conclude the subject was giving false information. The subject was eventually identified as Benny Ray Ortiz. Officer located a glass pipe, several small baggies containing a crystal like substance known to be methamphetamine, and a scale all on his person. Ortiz was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Manufacturing, Delivering of a controlled substance and failure to ID.
• 1800 block S. Meredith – Accident – Minor accident. 2009 white Buick backed without safety from parked position into a 2013 purple Ford Fusion. Minor damage occurred. No injuries. Blue forms issued.
• 300 block E. 5th – Trespassing/Narcotics – Officer was dispatched to 402 Beard in reference to a fight. Officers arrived, and homeowner informed officers there
was no fight, there was just a male subject in his backyard, and he wanted them to leave. Homeowner gave description of a male and female. Officers located male subject and female subject identified as Regina Gonzales. While officer was completing his investigation, Gonzales became combative and began to resist officers. Officers were able to gain control and placed her under arrest. Gonzales admitted to officers she had marijuana inside her clothing. Gonzales was arrested andtransported to the Moore County Jail where she was booked for Resist Arrest and Possession of Marijuana less than two ounces.
• 400 Beard – Disturbance/Evading Arrest/Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a fight in progress. Arrived on scene and was told subject took off through their back yard. Subject found in the 400 block of Beard and attempted to evade police. Subject arrested for evading and found to have two outstanding warrants through Moore County. Warrant No. 27981 (Criminal Mischief more than $750, less than $2,500), Warrant No. 5230 (Injury child/elderly/disable w/int bodily inj). Ruben Chavez Jr. was booked into the Moore County Jail.