Last Updated on June 9, 2016 – 4:25 PM CDT
A clerk at a store on South Dumas Avenue called police Saturday after a customer refused to leave and was arguing about a charge on his card. Police found that Elias Terrazas had a warrant for parole violation/possession of a controlled substance and he was booked into the Moore County Jail.
Dumas police also reported the following:
- 400 block W. 4th– Accident – A white 2013 Ford Escape was parked on the north side of the 400 block of west 4th, unoccupied and facing west. A white 2007 Ford Focus was west in the same block. The Focus experienced steering problems due to loss of steering and struck the Ford Escape. No injuries.
- 300 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A green 2008 International Bobtail truck was stopped, facing south, in the outside lane of the 300 block of south Dumas at a red light. A Gray Ford F150 pickup was behind the truck. The Ford was following too closely and struck the rear of the truck. No injuries.
- 1300 block N.E. 2nd– Warrant Service – Warrant service on Veronica Fry for Moore County Warrant No. 5339, Burglary of a Habitation.
- 200 block Beard – Assault – Officers dispatched on a disturbance. Frankie Sanchez made physical contact with the other party in an officer’s presence. Sanchez was arrested for assault causing bodily injury and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 900 block S. Klein – Fire – Dispatched in reference to a dumpster fire. Officer arrived, and fire department put out the fire, which was caused by hot coals from a BBQ pit.
- 300 block S. Bliss – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a possible intoxicated person. Arrived on scene but unable to locate subject.
- 1400 block S. Bliss – Narcotics – Officer was patrolling in the 200 block of East 14th street and observed a male subject identified as Jorge Acosta walking in the 1400 block of South Bliss. The officer made contact with Acosta, and subsequently found him to be in possession of marijuana. Acosta was arrested for possession of marijuana less than two ounces and booked into the Moore County Jail without incident.
- 500 block Bennett – Accident/Hit and Run – Officer was dispatched to 501 Bennett in reference to a hit and run. Officer arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised someone had hit his trailer, which was parked in the street. The trailer was pushed into his Chevy Suburban causing damage as well.
- 1200 block Beard – Burglary of a Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to criminal mischief. Spoke with the complainant who stated unknown person(s) had attempted to steal gas from her car.
- 800 block N.E. 4th– Warrant Service – Warrant service on Cody Cox for warrant No. 27535 probation violation.
- 300 block N. Dumas Ave. – Warrant Service – Warrant service on Ricky Hawthorne. Warrants were confirmed and Hawthorne was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Moore County Warrant No. 1650 and Young County Warrant No. 26796.
- 600 block E. 19th– Reckless Driver – Officers dispatched in reference to reckless driving by a white Volvo. Officers located the vehicle, and the driver was cited for several violations. However they were found to not be intoxicated.
- 1000 block E. 1st– Traffic/Warrant Service – Conducted a traffic stop in the 1000 block of east 1st Street for a wide right turn. Subject (Cook, Shelby) was found to have two capias warrants. 1st warrant No. CR-12-6088, 2nd warrant No. CR-12-6088B.
- 1400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident/DWI – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Officers arrived and found that a white 2016 Chevrolet had been rear ended by a red 1996 Ford, while parked in the parking lot of Big R. While on scene, it was found the driver of the red Ford, Derrick Lanham was intoxicated. Lanham was booked into the Moore County Jail for DWI =>.15.
- 1000 block E. 8th– Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious subject following them home. Arrived on scene and found Htoo, Eh parked in the alley way in front of complainant. Officers made contact with Htoo who had been called in the prior evening for following a female subject home. Htoo was found to be intoxicated and arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Public Intoxication and driving without a DL class C misdemeanor.
- 100 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A gray 2008 Ford Escape was stopped, facing south in the outside lane of the 100 block of north Dumas Ave at a red light. A white 2009 Ford F150 was approaching the Escape from behind. The driver of the pickup looked down at the phone and struck the rear of the Escape. No injuries.
- 1100 block Beard – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Arrived and found that Unit 1 backed out of the driveway and struck Unit 2 BL to L&T.
- 400 block block E. 14th– Accident – Dispatched in reference to a motor vehicle accident. Unit 1, a blue 2013 GMC pickup, was traveling east in the 400 block of E 14th. Unit 2, a silver 2014 Chevy Malibu, was parked facing east at the 400 block of E 14th. Unit 1 struck Unit 2, ran off the road and struck the chain link fence around the Babe Ruth baseball field. Made contact with unit 1’s driver, John Hinson, who was determined to be intoxicated and arrested for Driving While Intoxicated and transported to Moore County Jail where he was then charged for DWI 2nd due to a previous conviction.
- 600 block S. Bliss – Weapons – Officer stopped a pedestrian in the roadway in the 600 block of South Bliss. Subject later identified as Po, Ta was walking north on Bliss. During the stop, a weapon was found on the subject after he reached for his waistband, a Lorcin .380 serial No. 221139 tucked into the back of his pants. Po was arrested for unlawfully carrying a weapon Class A misdemeanor and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 300 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an MVA blocking the roadway. It was disclosed that Unit 1, a grey 2013 Chevy truck, was at the stop sign facing west on the 100 block of E. 13th St. Unit 2, a white 1996 Ford Mustang, was traveling north on the 300 of S. Dumas Ave. Unit 1 Disregarded a traffic control device which resulted in striking Unit 2, FL to RFQ, causing minor damage. No injuries.
- 700 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A beige 2015 Freightliner and a trailer were legally parked, facing north in the parking lot of 720 north Dumas Ave. A red 2014 Volvo truck and trailer were backing into a parking space on the west side of the Freightliner. The trailer of the Volvo struck the Freightliner. No injury.
- 405 N. Dumas Ave. – Counterfeit Money – Dispatched in reference to counterfeit money. Made contact with the manager who advised a subject attempted to use three counterfeit $20 bills at the business. The carhop who took the money could only provide that the subject was a Hispanic female and no other information. The manager also turned over two other counterfeit $20 bills they had received the previous night.
- 405 S. Dumas Ave. – Counterfeit Money – Dispatched in reference to counterfeit money. Was also advised that a short female subject with blonde hair driving a black Tahoe was attempting to pass the counterfeit money. Made contact with employees, and it was disclosed that the suspect attempted to use three counterfeit $5 bills. The suspect left the scene prior to officer’s arrival. Unable to locate suspect vehicle.
- 100 block E. 3rd– Accident – Driver of Unit 1, 2000 Cadillac Escalade, was pulling out of the south side of the parking lot, south bound. Driver of Unit 2, 2014 Toyota Camry, was driving west in the 100 block of East 3rd. Driver of Unit 1 failed to yield right of way, causing Unit 1’s LFQ to strike Unit 2’s FC. CR3 completed.
- 1000 block Mills – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Gray 2012 Toyota backed out of a private drive. Gray 2008 Saturn backed from the private drive on the other side. Toyota struck the Saturn BL to LBQ causing minor damage. No injuries. Blue forms issued.
- 700 block Oak – Loud Music – Officer was dispatched in reference to loud music. Officer made contact with homeowner, and music was turned down.
- 300 Denton – Disturbance/Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a female subject causing problems. Contact made with complainant, who she had just left and went back to her residence. Officers made contact with Stephanie Strohm, during which a standard want and warrants check was conducted, and she was found to have three active Justice of the Peace 1 Warrants. Warrants were confirmed, and Strhom was arrested without incident.
- 300 block Oak – Check Suspicious – Received a report of a man watching children through binoculars. It was found to be a family looking for the Dogie Days medallion.
- 1600block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to delayed theft. Contact made with the assistant manager who showed video footage of a female wearing a gray jacket with a black hood covering her face entering the store at approximately 4:100 a.m. and took two 30-packs of beer valued at $53.98 and exited at 4:12 a.m.
- 2000 block S. Dumas Ave. – DWI/Agency Assist – Assisted Moore County deputies in reference to a reckless driver northbound on Highway 287 headed into town driving a white Volvo SUV. Deputies conducted traffic stop. Driver was identified as Dar Wait who was found to be under the influence of an unknown substance. Officers assisted while deputies conducted their investigation. Child passenger was taken home by Dumas officers. Wait was arrested by Moore County for DUI w/ Child Passenger.