Last Updated on March 22, 2020 – 7:34 PM CDT
We have had questions about the restrictions under the current disaster declaration in Moore County.
In general, don’t panic. This is NOT a shelter-in-place situation. You CAN leave your house and go places. The grocery store, retail shops, drive-through or pick-up restaurants, gas stations, and parks. It’s still a pretty busy little town. If you are out in public, practice social distancing and be respectful of others’ personal space.
Here are a few key points from the emergency declaration that we think everyone should be aware of:
1) Social gatherings of 10 or more people anywhere in Moore County are NOT allowed. Indoor or outdoor. This is for places like an auditorium, theater, event center, arena, gym, meeting hall, conference center, a large cafeteria, or any other confined indoor or confined outdoor space.
2) Ten or more people CAN be in other places like bus stations, office spaces, schools, residential buildings, grocery stores, shopping malls, retail establishments, hospitals, and medical facilities. So long as visitors are generally not within 6 feet of one another for extended periods of time. Practice social distancing and be respectful of other people’s personal space.
3) Daycares ARE allowed to be open so long as they present to the County Judge and adhere to the COVID-19 policy adopted by the Texas Department of Health Services (DSHS)
4) Places of work including work sites, manufacturing and processing plants, and other locations of employment are NOT considered social gatherings and are EXEMPT from the emergency order. For workplace details see the social distancing recommendations included in the local disaster declaration. See the note below.
5) Retailers are PROHIBITED from price gouging, or INCREASING prices of goods, materials, or resources during the term of the emergency order. Visit the COVID-19 info page on our website for more info.
6) Restaurants MUST close dining rooms to the public. They can provide carry-out, drive-through, or delivery.
7) Bars, lounges, taverns, theatres, massage businesses, arcades, private clubs, and gyms that are open to the public MUST close.
NOTE: Visit our COVID-19 info page. It has links to local websites and provides a link to a full copy of the disaster declaration. Take some time to read it if you have questions or concerns.
For specific questions, we recommend contacting the Moore County Emergency Management Office at 806-934-9520