Last Updated on November 9, 2016 – 12:50 PM CST
Speeding while having warrants aren’t a good idea. Dumas police arrestd Miguel Rodriguez on Friday after stopping him for speeding in the 200 block of North Dumas Avenue, and they found he had outstanding warrants for no driver’s license, disregarding stop sign and violating promise to appear.
Dumas police also arrested two men who allegedly committed a crime and kept the evidence in their vehicle. Police reported they were called out to the Hampton Inn on Sunday because three people were tampering with a vending machine. While they were heading to the hotel, dispatch told them the subjects left in a Jeep Cherokee. The Jeep was seen leaving Dumas on Highway 287 going south. Officers stopped them and searched their vehicle. They found evidence of the crime and narcotics.
The police arrested Tyson Sanderson for burglary of a coin operated machine, and Pinkeo Saenthauysouk was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
Dumas police also reported the following:
1. 208 N. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance/Public Intoxication – Officers were dispatched in reference to a fight in progress. Following the investigation, Shelby Swimmer was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Public Intoxication.
2. 1300 S. Maddox – Criminal Mischief – Officers responded to a report of criminal mischief. Alejandro Segura was arrested for vandalizing a motorcycle and a window.
3. 200 block Twichell – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident with no injuries. Driver 1 driving a 2014 Chevy Impala failed to yield right of way to unit 2, a 2015 Mazda 6. Unit 2 was turning left onto W 2nd from Twichell when Unit 1 hit her LP door. There were minor scratches to the Chevy, and the damage rating was a 2 on the Mazda.
4. 1400 block S. Dumas Ave. – DWI – Officers received a report of a possible intoxicated driver. Officers made contact with the driver and determined he was not intoxicated.
5. 1700 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Arrived and found that a gray 2014 Toyota Camry was travelling east out of the parking lot of Fenton Ford. A white 1999 Ford Crown Victoria was travelling south in the 1700 block of South Dumas Ave. The Toyota failed to yield the right of way, striking the Ford on the front passenger side. The driver of the Toyota was transported to the Memorial Hospital by EMS as a precaution.
6. 1200 block S. Maddox – Fire – Dispatched in reference to a structure fire. Arrived and found that workers had been working on the apartment and started a small fire in the wall with a propane torch. Fire arrived and found everything to be OK.
7. 200 block W. 1st St. – Accident -Dispatched to 200 W 1st in reference to a minor accident. A 2008 Chevy Silverado failed to yield right of way to a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500. Damage on the Chevy on the RP, RD, and R&T. Damage on the GMC was FR. Driver of Unit 1 was issued a citation for failure to yield right of way.
8. 500 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Officer was dispatched in reference to a minor motor vehicle accident. Officer made contact with the complainant who advised she was parked in front of the used furniture store when a black Ford F-150 pulling a trailer swiped the left side of her car.
9. 200 block E. 7th St. – Accident – Officer drove up to a minor vehicle accident at the 200 block of E. 7th. Officer made contact with drivers. The driver at fault advised officer she was backing out of the parking lot when she hit driver two.
10. 300 block Oak – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. A 2009 Nissan Armada struck the back of a 2015 Cadillac Escalade. Minor Damage, No Injuries.
11. 900 block E. 7th St. – Check Suspicious/Warrant Service – Flagged down by pedestrians who advised that a green van was possibly throwing eggs. The green van was still in view and a traffic stop was initiated. Passenger Cristian Gutierrez was arrested on warrant # CR-16-0584 and CR-16-0584. Another passenger received a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia; the driver received a citation for No Driver’s license.
12. 200 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A blue 2004 Jeep Cherokee was stopped in the inside northbound lane, preparing to turn west into the 700 blk of N 2nd. A 2000 Buick Lucerne was also in the inside northbound lane and failed to control speed, striking the Jeep’s BR with the Buick’s FL.
1. 400 block Zauk – Warrant Service – Officers located and arrested Valerie Cordova for failing to report for community service. The original warrants were served for Possession of Drug Paraphenalia and Violate Promise to Appear. She was booked into the Moore County Jail.
2. 1200 block S. Porter – Attempted Burglary – Dispatched to 1215 S Porter in reference to a suspicious person trying to get in through the front door. Homeowner stated she could hear someone trying to get in through the front door, and when she was able to get to the front door, she saw a male running off toward the car wash wearing a jacket or hoodie. Officers were unable to locate the subject, but close patrol will be conducted in the area.
3. 700 block S. Bliss – Agency Assist – Officers were requested to the Moore County Jail to assist in moving an unruly inmate to an isolation cell. Inmate was moved without incident.
1. 1000 block S. Bliss – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched in reference to a burglary. Made contact with the complainant who advised sometime between Oct. 28, 2016 at noon and Nov. 2, 2016, at 10 a.m., person(s) had stolen a 65-inch Vizio flat screen TV and a black safe from his residence.
2. 2000 block S. Dumas Ave. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a silver passenger car heading north on HWY 287 driving recklessly. The area was canvassed but was unable to locate the vehicle.
3. 100 block E. 5th St. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a motor vehicle accident. Unit 1, a tan 2006 Buick, was backing out of a parking spot of the 100 block of E 5th facing west. Unit 2, a green 1998 Chevrolet pickup, was traveling west in the 100 block of E 5th. Unit 1 struck unit 2 in 9-LP. No injuries were sustained. Unit 1 had 1-FR-2 damage. Unit 2 had 9-LP-1 damage.
4. 400 block E. 13th – Burglary of a Habitation – Complainants advised while they were away from the residence, persons entered and took two Xbox 360 consoles, several man’s rings, two rebel flags and a laptop computer.
1. 500 block Phillips – Prowler – Prowler at the above location. UTL
2. 1500 block E. 1st – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop on 1500 E 1st on a brown 2003 Buick Regal. The driver, Billy England, had an active warrant out of Potter County (Potter County Wrt #82325D Fail to Appear). Billy was issued written warning for the traffic violation and booked into the Moore County Journal for his Potter County warrant.
3. 1200 block E. 1st St. – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious person looking in vehicles. Searched the area for a male wearing a gray hoodie and was unable to locate.
4. 300 block Beard – Traffic/Narcotics – Traffic stop on a gray 2001 Dodge Dakota for defective head light. Following a search of the vehicle, the driver, Erick Salcido, was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Poss. of a controlled substance PG1 <1G in a drug free zone.
5. 400 block N. Birge – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference of suspicious activity in the alley. Arrived at location and patrolled the area but was unable to locate.
6. 2100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a fight in progress. UTL
7. 8th St. – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Area canvassed UTL
1. 100 block N. Klein – Prowler/Criminal Trespass – Dispatched in reference to a possible prowler. Contact was made with the complainant who advised someone had been living under the deck of her residence. No one was found.
2. 400 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched to Sonic in reference to a minor MVA. A silver van backed without safety striking a blue Chevy Cobalt leaving some small scratches on both vehicles. Blue forms were issued.
3. 1100 block S. Birge – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a possible prowler in the back yard. Arrived at location and patrolled the area and was unable to locate any subject.
1. 900 block S. Birge – Criminal Trespass – Dispatched in reference to criminal trespass. Dispatch advised that a subject was seen going into an apartment who did not live there. Arrived and observed a male subject sleeping in the bedroom. Officers made entry, and Stephen Mock was located in the bedroom. Stephen was also in possession of a control substance PG 1 <1G. Stephen was arrested for criminal trespass and poss. of CS PG 1 <1G and booked into the Moore County Jail.
2. 100 block Cherry – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to a vehicle being egged. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised sometime last night a unknown person egged his vehicle. While on scene another complainant advised his vehicle had also been egged sometime between 10 p.m.. and 2 a.m. No damage was done to either vehicle.
3. 1000 block Beard – Found Property – Dispatched to the above in reference to lost property. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised he found a box with ammo, a flask, batteries, knives, and a gun cleaning kit. He advised he did not know who owned these items or why they were in his yard.
4. 200 N. Porter – Loud Music – Dispatched to the 200 blk of N Porter in reference to loud music. Located the music coming from the backyard and spoke with the homeowner. The music was turned down.
5. 800 block NE 3rd – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop on a white Chevy suburban bearing. Maria Castillo found to have warrants out of Moore County. She was arrested and transported to the Moore county Jail and issued written warning.
6. 1400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a red semi driving recklessly in the area. Officers observed the vehicle traveling north on Dumas Ave. Vehicle exited city limits everything appeared to be OK. No violations observed.
7. 1600 block E. 7th St. – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Music was turned down.
1. 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Abandoned Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to an abandoned vehicle. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who is a manager for Walmart. She advised the blue Nissan Sentra bearing TX GNW 1944 had been sitting in the parking lot for about two weeks with the windows cracked and doors unlocked. She advised she did not know who it belonged to, and she would like it removed. Pack’s arrived and took possession of the vehicle.
2. 300 block E. 1st St. – Criminal Trespass – Dispatched in reference to criminal trespass. Individual was in a purple Honda car. Officer arrived on scene and was unable to locate individual.
3. 900 block Durrett – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to criminal mischief. Arrived and made contact with the complainant who advised at some point between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m., an unknown person keyed his truck.
4. 100 block E. 19th St. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver driving a black SUV. Arrived and canvassed the area but was unable to locate.