Last Updated on April 17, 2020 – 12:57 PM CDT
Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced plans on Friday to re-open Texas.
Abbott also issued several executive orders, one of which establishes a new strike force for re-opening the Texas economy.
Here are a few highlights from the announcement.
- April 22 – Loosen current hospital restrictions
- Update nursing home restrictions
- Retail – All stores can operate a retail-to-go model starting Friday, April 24
- Monday, April 20th Texas state parks will re-open – Must have face coverings or masks, no group larger than 5, social distancing required
- Schools – all closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 year. TEA will give details for public EDU, graduations, etc.
- April 27 – Governor will announce additional plans/ways to open Texas and loosen restrictions. Considering restaurants, movie theatres, etc…
This is a developing story and subject to change or confirmation of details. Stay Tuned.
For latest specifics about the Governors plan visit: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/