Last Updated on November 16, 2015 – 2:16 PM CST
Above: The Dumas Fire Department put out a fire on Thursday in the backyard of a home on Bailey Avenue.
The Dumas Fire Department put out a large fire in the backyard of 1305 Bailey Avenue on Thursday, the Dumas police reported. Police officers were on hand to help with traffic while firefighters put out the fire. An investigation determined a smoldering cigarette possibly caused a camper to catch fire.
- 400 block Oak – Scam – Dispatched to speak with complainant in reference to scam. The complainant stated she received a phone call from 800-661-2698asking for $500 for her electric deposit. She paid them through MoneyGram and later contacted the actual Xcel company who advised her it was not them.
- 1200 Bailey – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to a criminal mischief. Spoke with the complainant who stated between 2 a.m. yesterday and 3 p.m. today, person(s) unknown had used a sharp metal object to scratch his 2006 Black Ford Mustang.
- 700 S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. A 2009 Honda and a 2014 Lincoln had a minor accident at the above location. No injuries.
- 500 block Bradley – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a prowler. Officer searched the area but was unable to locate anyone.
- 200 block N. Bliss – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a prowler. Officer searched the area but was unable to locate anyone.
- 208 block N. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a gas drive off. Spoke with the complainant who stated an unknown white male driving a white car pumped $25.72 worth of fuel and drove off northbound without paying. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle.
- 200 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an accident. Investigation disclosed that a 2003 Dodge van failed to control speed and struck a 2002 GMC Suburban. No injuries. Citation was issued to the driver of the Dodge.
- 200 block N. Bliss – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop was initiated on a blue Saturn for running a red light. Upon contact with driver, it was confirmed that driver had a warrant out of Moore County. Driver identified as Shaw Vera was transported to the Moore County Jail. Vehicle was towed by Packs and impounded.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Suspicious Persons/Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to suspicious subjects in a white Nissan car. Dispatch advised that the vehicle was seen going north on Dumas Avenue. The area was canvassed but unable to locate the described vehicle.
- 600 block N. Maddox – Criminal Mischief/Criminal Trespass – Dispatched in reference to criminal mischief. Contact was made with the complainant who advised that at about 3:40 a.m. unknown subject(s) broke one of his bedroom windows. He further advised that he did not observe anyone leave the scene and was unsure of who was responsible for the damage. It was determined that the damage was caused with a blunt object.
- 600 block S. Maddox – Accident – A Gray 2003 Ford Explorer was not properly put in park when driver exited and rolled backwards into a black 2008 Dodge Dakota striking BD to BD. No injuries.
- 1100 block S. Dumas – Reckless Driving/Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. Vehicle described as older model white car. The vehicle was located at registered address still running. It was determined Corey Thurman was driving. Warrants check on Corey found to have outstanding Moore County Warrant for Assault CBI-Failure to make payments as ordered. Thurman was arrested and booked without incident.
- 100 block N. Maddox – Accident – A pickup was following another pickup and turned north into the 100 block of north Maddox from the 700 block of East 1st Street A barbecue grill slid from the bed of the front pickup and was struck by the back pickup. Drivers worked out and agreement to fix it and no police report wanted.
- 800 block N.E. 5th– Traffic/Narcotics – Officer was patrolling in the 800 block of NE 5th and observed a maroon Chevy Impala with improper lighting. Officer conducted a traffic stop for the violation. While investigating, officers found there was no insurance on the vehicle. The vehicle was towed for this reason, and during the inventory of the vehicle, officers located several items of paraphernalia and methamphetamine. Rustin was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, Penalty Grade 1 in a Drug Free Zone and booked into the Moore County Jail without incident.
- 900 block N.E. 6th – Accident – 2008 red Infiniti was eastbound in the 900 block of NE 6th and struck a legally parked 2003 silver Nissan Frontier front right to back left causing minor damage. No injuries.
- 300 block S. Maddox – Accident – A red 2003 Cadillac was north in the 300 block of south Maddox and following a black 2013 Nissan in the inside lane. The Nissan slowed and attempted to turn west into the 700 block of East 3rd. The Cadillac failed to control speed and struck the rear of the Nissan. No injuries.
- 100 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A grey 2014 Chevrolet pickup was stopped, facing south, in the 100 block of North Dumas Avenue in the inside lane behind traffic, facing the traffic light at 1st and Dumas Avenue. A white 1986 Dodge pickup was stopped behind the Chevrolet pickup. A green 1995 Cadillac was south in the turning lane and traveling in a nontravel lane. The Cadillac was approaching the pickups. A gold 2003 Toyota Camry was slightly ahead of the Cadillac and attempted to change lanes into the turning lane from the inside lane. As the Camry changed lanes, the Cadillac struck it. The Cadillac forced the Camry into the left rear corner of the Dodge pickup. The Cadillac continued south and came to a stop next to the Chevrolet pickup. The Camry climbed the driver’s side of the Dodge pickup and was on the left wheels. The Camry came down off of its right side and the right front of the Camry struck the left rear of the Chevrolet pickup. The Camry also struck the right rear of the Cadillac. No injury.
- 400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A 15-year-old female was walking west in the crosswalk on the south side of 4th and south Dumas Ave. A grey 2010 Toyota Camry was turning south from the 100 block of East 4th. The Camry failed to yield right of way to the female and struck her in the inside lane for southbound traffic/crosswalk in the 400 block of south Dumas. The female was transported to Moore County Hospital by ambulance with what appeared to be nonlife-threatening injuries.
- 300 block E. 1st – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Arrived and found a tan 2003 Mercury Sable failed to yield right of way from the 100 block of Oak and struck a black 2009 Chrysler van that was eastbound in the 300 block of E 1st.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Suspicious Persons/Vehicles – Dispatched in reference to suspicious vans in the parking lot. Unable to locate.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Made contact with Jennifer Robins and Amber Webb. It was found that both Jennifer and Amber had passed all points of sale with $206.99 worth of merchandise. Jennifer was found to be in possession of $30.02 worth of merchandise and Amber was found to be in possession of $175.63. Jennifer was given a citation for theft less than $100. Amber was arrested for criminal trespass and theft $100 to $750 and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 600 block S. Birge – Public Intoxication – Dispatched in reference to a possible burglary of vehicle in progress. Upon arrival, contact was made with Carlos Rey who was found to be inside complainant’s vehicle. Rey was observed to be intoxicated and unaware of his whereabouts. Rey was arrested for public intoxication and was booked into Moore County Jail.
- 900 block S. Maddox – DWI – Traffic stop on a black 2011 Chevy pickup for speeding. Contact was made with driver, Thomas Craig Cline, who was determined to be intoxicated. Cline was booked in at the Moore County Jail for DWI. He also received a citation for open container and speeding.
- 300 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched to the Sheriff’s Office in reference to a theft. Arrived and made contact with the complainant, who advised his Apple iPad had been stolen at Jack’s Laundry at approximately 8:30 p.m. He advised that the only people near him at the time were a couple with a young boy. A short time later, the complainant recontacted police and advised that the iPad had been returned to his house after he had posted on the Moore County Journal website that there were cameras at the business and the iPad could be tracked by GPS.