Last Updated on January 18, 2016 – 5:52 PM CST
- 500 block Elm – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Upon arrival, contact was made with complainant. Officer investigated the scene, and it was learned that unknown subjects took an 8500-watt Titan industrial generator that was chained up from his driveway.
- 800 block N.E. 4th – Warrant Service – Officer was dispatched to 804 NE 4th in reference to a wanted subject. James Getman was wanted out of Dallam County for a Probation Violation warrant No. 1122H. Subject was arrested and transported to the Moore County Jail.
- 500 block Floyd – SCAM – Dispatched in reference to a scam. Upon arrival, contact was made with complainant who advised she had received a phone call from a Michael Collins, informing her that she had won two 2016 Mercedes and in order to received her reward she had to send money to an unknown account.
- 1600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic/Warrant Service – Conducted traffic stop on black Blazer for fail to signal. Driver was identified. Four passengers were in the vehicle one of which was identified as Ruben Chavez Jr. He was found to have Felony Assault warrant out of Moore County. He was arrested, and the driver was cited for traffic violations.
- 1600 block S. Meredith – Traffic/Driving While License Invalid – Officer was patrolling area and observed a blue F-150 traveling south on South Meredith with expired registration. Officer conducted a traffic stop for the violation. During the investigation, officer noticed the registration on the front windshield didn’t match the license plate. After speaking with the driver identified as Paul Gary Jr. Gary didn’t have a valid DL and was suspended with previous convictions. Search was conducted, and officer located several used syringes in vehicle. Gary was arrested for DWLI w/previous convictions and issued citation for fictitious tags and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and transported to the Moore County Jail.
- 1700 block E. 1st – SCAM – Spoke with a complainant about an online scam where she attempted to purchase a monkey from a subject claiming to be in the military. She realized it was a scam when asked to send a MoneyGram.
- 100 block Carson – SCAM – Spoke to a complainant in reference to a phone scam where subject claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House. He advised the subject knew it was a scam when requested to send a MoneyGram.
- 600 block S. Maddox – Traffic/Warrants – Traffic stop initiated on a white 2016 Toyota Corolla. Juan Dominguez (driver) had outstanding warrants. Dominguez was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County Jail for JP2 warrants CR-14-0443 and CR-14-0443V and issued a Citation for No Driver’s License.
- 1500 block S. Dumas Ave. – Warrants – Dispatched to the Dumas Value Inn in reference to information that a subject about to depart this location had active warrants. While enroute, the suspect’s vehicle was located northbound on South Dumas Avenue and stopped in the Allsup’s parking lot at 1024 S. Dumas Ave. Contact was made with driver Yasmin Roman who was arrested and transported to the Moore County Jail on warrant No. 27763.
- 300 block E. 19th – Theft – Manager stated a Hispanic male wearing a Chicago Bulls cap, a red with yellow stripes shirt, black jacket, and was about 5-foot 6-inches in height and slim body took off out of the store with a red set of All Star Combo Wahl clippers. He got into the passenger side of a black four-door Chevy with three other people in the car, traveling north on South Dumas Avenue.
- 1600 block E. 5th – Accident – A 2008 yellow IC school bus was east in the 1600 block of East 5th. The bus attempted to turn north into a parking lot. A gray 1999 Chevrolet pickup was parked on the south side of the street, facing west, in the 1600 block of East 5th. The back of the bus swung out and stuck the driver’s outside mirror. No injury.
- 200 block Cherry – Accident – A black 2002 Dodge pickup was west in the 1100 block of Shamrock and approaching Cherry Avenue. A brown 1991 Ford pickup was facing north at the yield sign in the 200 block of Cherry. The Ford pulled forward and then saw the Dodge approaching. The Dodge started the turn south onto Cherry and struck the Ford. No injury.
- 100 block N. Klein – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a black Ford Mustang driving around the area recklessly. Officer canvassed the area in attempt to locate but was unable to locate.
- 1800 S. Maddox – Warrant Service – Contact made with Tami Jo Phommasyah at the Dumas Animal Shelter. Tami was found to have Moore County Warrant Nos. 27776 and 27750 and was arrested without incident.
- 500 block N. Maddox – Traffic/Warrant Service – Conducted a traffic stop on a blue Jeep. Both the driver and passenger were identified, and methamphetamine was located in the vehicle. The male passenger informed officers there was a wanted person at this residence. Officers went to 815 NE 11th and were allowed in. We located Daniel Tarrango in a crawl space by the hot water heater. He was booked at the Moore County Jail for outstanding warrant, possession of controlled substance and possession of prohibited substance in correctional facility.
- 700 block S. Birge – Recovered Stolen Vehicle – Dispatched in reference to a parked white Ford pickup parked in the same spot for over six months. Officer investigated the scene, and it was learned that the vehicle was entered into TCIC/NCIC as stolen May 2015 out of Sherman County. The vehicle was towed by Packs Wrecker Service, and Sherman County was notified.
- 11 Elm Apartments – Warrant Service/Narcotics – Warrant Service at the above location. Contact was made with a tenant. Officer detected a strong odor of fresh burnt marijuana coming from the residence. Upon entry, contact was made with several other parties. Upon clearing the residence, officers observed drug paraphernalia throughout the residence. Moore County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Jones, was contacted and arrived on scene with K9 to assist. The residence was searched, and officers located several pipes, baggies, a scale and a plastic container with a plastic baggy containing a crystal-like substance known to be methamphetamine. Inside a male subject’s wallet, officers located a clear baggy also containing a crystal-like substance, known to be methamphetamine. Subjects Melissa Sybounheuang and Felicia Vega were found to have active warrants along with drug paraphernalia. Felicia was also booked in for Possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram Penalty Grade 1. It was learned that the male subject had given a false ID to officers, and his real name was Mario Navaro. He was also arrested. Other parties were released and issued citations for drug paraphernalia.