Last Updated on June 29, 2016 – 9:31 PM CDT
- 600 block S. Maddox – Accident/Hit and Run – Dispatched in reference to a hit and run. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who stated she entered the parking lot, and a blue truck backed into her and then drove off. Her damages were on her RBQ. Unknown suspect, CR3 completed.
- 1200 block S. Maddox – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an accident. Arrived and discovered that a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero failed to yield right of way at yield sign and struck a 2012 Toyota Avalon. FR-LBQ no injuries. CR3 completed.
- 1615 block E. 7th– Found Property – Dispatched in reference to found property. A black LG cell phone was booked in at the Dumas PD.
- 100 block Pine – Warrant Service – Warrant service on Brandon Freeman. Freeman was arrested for DMC Capias No. 79152CP and booked into the Moore County Jail without incident.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to theft. Found that Robert Ramirez had attempted to leave the store without paying for a cell phone case valued at $79.34. Citation for theft issued.
- 700 block E. 11th– Traffic/Warrant Service/Narcotics – Traffic stop initiated on a white 1993 Acura Integra. Upon initial contact with the driver officers detected a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Investigation disclosed that passenger, Erik Willard, had marijuana on his person and had a Writ of Attachment of a Child. Erik was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County Jail for Possession of Marijuana less than 2 ounces and for the Writ of Attachment of a Child Cause No. 1563. The driver was cited for No Driver’s License and warned
- 500 block Willow – Warrant Service – Advised through dispatch that Gloria Sauceda had a warrant. Contact was made with Sauceda at the above residence. Sauceda was arrested, transported and booked at Moore County Jail.
- 200 W. 5th– Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Arrived and found that a tan 1999 Chevy pickup struck silver 2014 Toyota Camry in the rear while the Toyota was stopped at the stop sign. No injuries.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Upon arrival, contact was made with Loss Prevention, and it was learned that a Hispanic male and female, attempted to purchase $226.30 with a counterfeit check. When the parties were asked for identification, both subjects left the scene, walking out with all the merchandise. Under investigation
- 124 E. 7th– Scam – Dispatched in reference to a scam. Contact was made with the complainant who advised she received a notice, via email, from Cable One that she had not paid her bill. She contacted Cable One directly, and they said she is current, and it was scam
- 1000 block E. 1st– Accident – A piece of large highway equipment was traveling east in the outside lane of the 1000 block of East 1st. A black 2013 Ford pickup was traveling east in the inside lane and approaching the rear of the equipment. A blue 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser was east in the outside lane next to the black Ford. The driver of the PT Cruiser was having a medical emergency and in a hurry to get to the emergency room. The PT Cruiser tried to pass the highway equipment. The PT Cruiser struck the equipment and then struck the Ford pickup. The driver of the PT Cruiser was taken to the hospital by personal vehicle and not injured in the accident. No one else was injured.
- 1500 block Fox – Warrant Service -– Warrant service on Scott Thomas Lawrence. Randall County Warrant No. 25996C for probation violation.
- 2100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Check Suspicious – Officer was dispatched to KBob’s in reference to a suspicious male walking around. Officer arrived and checked area but didn’t locate anyone.
- 600 block E. 5th– Traffic/Warrant Service – Conducted a traffic stop in the 600 block of East 5th on a white Nissan Maxima for defective headlamp. Officer made contact with the driver (Miguel Rodriguez) who was found to have two outstanding capias warrants out of Moore County. Warrant No. CR-12-5528B (Fail to appear) Warrant No. CR-12-5528 (No child safety seat less than 8 years old/4’9”).
- 500 block S. Maddox – Accident – A black 2012 Chevrolet Impala left the green light at 5th and South Maddox and traveled south. The driver had a seizure and lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle traveled southwest across the curb, struck a street sign and crossed two residential yards. The vehicle then struck a parked 2011 blue Chevrolet Cruz that was unoccupied. The Impala then struck some crosstie landscaping barriers before striking a white 2011 bumper pull camper trailer. There were no injuries due to the accident.
- 1400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Officer dispatched in reference to a minor accident. It was found that driver of Unit 1 was backing out of a parking space, east bound. Driver of Unit 2 was driving south directly behind unit 1. Unit 1 backed without safety, causing Unit 1’s BD to strike Unit 2’s RFQ. The driver of Unit 2, Corey Thurman, was also found to have no insurance and an invalid DL due to no insurance. Corey also had four warrants through the municipal court. Corey was arrested for the warrants and DWLI w/previous/no insurance. The driver of unit 1 was issued a citation for backing without safety.
- 1300 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A 2006 black Kia Cadenza was parked, facing northwest in parking lot on the east side of the 1300 block of south Dumas Avenue. A 2009 blue Dodge 1-ton pickup backed from being parked on the north side of the Kia. The pickup backed without safety and struck the Kia. No injury
- 700 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to vehicle accident. Investigation disclosed a semi-truck was fueling at the Love’s Truck Stop and the driver failed to apply the emergency break. The semi rolled into oncoming traffic and struck another semi-truck that was northbound on Dumas Avenue, which caused it to then strike a pick-up pulling a camper. No injuries.
- 200 block N. Dumas Ave. – Warrant Service/Narcotics – Dispatched in reference to an alarm call at AudioTrixx. Arrived on scene and saw subject walking away from the building. Contact made with Manuel Medellin who was found to have outstanding warrants out of Potter County for child support (62731D). Searched subject incident to arrest and found a small bag of methamphetamine in his front right pant pocket. Subject arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Possession of a controlled substance Penalty Grade1 under 1 gram and Potter County warrant.
- 1600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to found property. TNT employees advised that a male subject had left without paying for fuel and left his DL. Contact was made with Dalhart to give them a description of the vehicle. They later located the vehicle, and the property was returned, and the fuel was paid for.
- 500 block S. Porter – Found Property – Dispatched in reference to found property. A pink and black MT20 bicycle, and a white LG phone and headphones were located near the west alley of the above location. Property was booked in at the Dumas Police Department.
- 500 block Oak – City Ordinance Violation/Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to fireworks going off. Made contact with a male subject who identified himself as David Zubia. Zubia had warrants out of Moore County. Zubia was given a written warning for the city ordinance violation and arrested/transported to Moore County jail for his active warrants.
- 800 block Binkley – Prowler/Violation Protective Order/Narcotics – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious male subject knocking on the door and looking in the windows of apartment No. 1. Officer located a male subject, identified as Ruben Pando, walking in the 700 block of Binkley. Pando was found to have an active EPO from the address in question, and during a consent search of his person paraphernalia and methamphetamine were found. Pando was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Violation of Protective Order, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Possession of CS PG1 less than 1 g.
- 500 block E. 1st– Hit and Run Accident – Dispatched in reference to a hit and run. Contact was made with the complainant who disclosed that her gray Hyundai rental vehicle was struck by a red pickup while she was turning on East 1st from Cedar. The red pickup fled the scene and was not able to be located.
- 400 block NW 4th– Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious person. Everything seemed to be O when checking the perimeter. UTL
- 100 block Twichell – Poss. DWI – Dispatched in reference to a possible intoxicated driver. Unable to locate vehicle.
- 1500 block S. Bliss – Loud Music – Loud music at the above location. Music turned down.
- 500 block Cedar – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop initiated on a 1978 Suzuki motorcycle. Citation was issued to David McGuire for No Class “M” Endorsement and Stop Sign Violation. It was also confirmed that McGuire had an active warrant out of Dallam County No. DOR4531 Forgery of a Financial Instrument. McGuire was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County Jail without further incident.