Last Updated on June 2, 2016 – 10:11 AM CDT
- 600 block S. Birge – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle/Credit Card Abuse – Dispatched in reference to a theft of a wallet. Contact was made with the complainant who advised someone had stolen her wallet out of her 2016 Hyundai four-door car. The complainant further advised that on May 22 at approximately 5:30 p.m., she parked the vehicle curbside and left the wallet in the driver side door. When she noticed her wallet was missing, she checked her bank statement and located three unauthorized transactions on her credit card.
- 1000 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Made contact with the complainant who stated an unknown Hispanic male came in and stole a display case filled with Mrs. Freshley’s chocolate crème filled cakes valued at $60. The suspect then ran back to a white cavalier where a white male subject was waiting. The men then drove west on West 10th Officers were unable to locate.
- 900 block N.E. 6th– Parking Violation – Dispatched in reference to a COV, commercial vehicle parked on roadway. A 72-hour notice was placed on a 2007 black Kenworth.
- 200 block Morton – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft of a bicycle. Contact with the complainant who advised his child’s white with red Dr. Pepper bike was stolen from their front porch.
- 700 block S. Birge – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop on a 2005 gray GMC Sierra for failure to signal turn. Contact made with driver, Jose Ernesto Caldera, who had Moore County Warrants. Caldera was arrested and booked in at the Moore County Jail for Moore County Warrant (DUI minor)/ (Failed to appear). Caldera also received a citation for no DL and no insurance.
- 124 E. 7th– Warrant Service – Warrant service on Josefina España. Warrants were confirmed, and España was arrested and booked in for Moore County Warrant No. CR-16-001/ CR-16-0012/ CR-16-0012V. Dumas PD Warrant#\ No. 81650CP/ 81651CP/ 81998CP.
- 800 block N.E. 3rd– Criminal Mischief – Dispatched to the Dumas Police Department in reference to damage to a vehicle. Contact was made with the complainant who advised that sometime between 4 a.m. on May 20, 2016 and noon on May 23, 2016, unknown subject(s) damaged the driver’s side mirror on his gray 2013 Ford F150.
- 400 block E. 14th– Accident – Dispatched in reference to an MVA. Investigation revealed that Unit 1, a 2008 Chevy Suburban, failed to control speed which resulted in striking Unit 2, a 2007 Saturn Aura, FC to BD, causing minor damage. No injuries. Accident report completed.
- 200 block Chelsea – Criminal Mischief/City Ordinance Violation – Dispatched to in reference to criminal mischief to a house by a BB gun. Made contact with the complainant who advised that sometime within the last two weeks, unknown person(s) had shot the backside of the house with a BB gun. Investigation revealed BB gun shots to two windows, sliding glass doors and some siding.
- 600 block E. 1st– Accident – A white 2012 Infinity G25 was west in the parking lot of 613 East 1st. A black 2003 GMC Envoy backed without safety, traveled northwest from a parking space and struck the Infinity. No injuries.
- 200 block W. 14th– Accident/Hit and Run – A gray 2011 Toyota Camry was west in the 200 block of West 14th and attempted to turn south into a private drive. An unknown black Jeep SUV, possibly a Liberty, failed to yield right of way and turned from the private drive, northwest, onto West 14th. The Jeep struck the Toyota and left the scene. No injuries.
- 1400 block S. Dumas – Accident – A gold 2006 Cadillac DTS was stopped behind traffic, facing north, in the inside lane of the 1400 block of south Dumas. A white 2004 Lincoln Town Car was behind the Cadillac. The Lincoln followed too closely and struck the rear of the Cadillac. No injuries.
- 800 block N. Dumas Ave. – Forgery/Warrant Service – Officers contacted a subject in the Love’s parking lot. He was later identified as Santiago Ramos. It was determined that he had committed a forgery at Love’s. He was arrested for on view charges and outstanding warrant.
- 1200 S. Porter – Disturbance – Officers spoke with the complainant who advised two male subjects went to his residence in an attempt to start a fight. The subjects were located and advised not to return to the residence. No charges filed at this time.
- 6thSt. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a vehicle accident. Arrived and spoke with driver of Unit 1 who advised she had backed out of a parking place and hit the LBQ of Unit 2 which was sitting at the light on East 6th and Dumas Avenue. No injuries.
- 500 block N. Maddox – Curfew Violation – Contacted by DPS Trooper who was out with several juveniles after curfew. Juveniles transported to their residences and released to parents.
- 400 block E. 1st– Accident – A 2007 black Pontiac G6 was stopped in the 400 block of East 1st Street, facing east, in the turning lane attempting to turn north into a parking lot. A 2010 white Cadillac DTS was behind the Pontiac with the intent of also turning into the parking lot. The Cadillac failed to control speed while approaching the Pontiac and struck the Pontiac. No injuries.
- 200 block E. 2nd– Public Intoxication – Received a call of an intoxicated subject passed out in the hospital lobby. Contact was made with Jesus Murga who was found to be intoxicated to the point he was passed out. Murga could not explain where he was or how he had gotten there. Murga was arrested for public intoxication.
- 700 block Spruce – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Arrived and spoke with the resident and advised them to turn down the music. The resident complied.
- 100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. While enroute, a vehicle matching the description, grey lifted F250, was observed traveling south on Dumas Avenue and pulling into the La Quinta Inn’s parking lot. Contact was made with the driver, who advised that he was just returning to the hotel after working in Stratford all day and was tired. Everything was found to be OK.
- 1300 block S. Birge – Loud Music – Received a report of loud music. Contact made with homeowner who turned the music down.
- 100 block Carson – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an accident. Unit 2, a white 2012 Kia Forte, was westbound in the 1600 block of E 1stwhen Unit 1, a 2015 Jeep, failed to yield right of way at the intersection of Carson and E 1st and struck Unit 2, causing FR to LD damage. No injuries to report.
- 1400 Guylane Plaza – Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious vehicle. Contact was made with Kenneth Marshall Brooks who had confirmed warrants. Kenneth was arrested and booked in at the Moore County Jail for Moore County Warrant No. B002231.
- 500 block W. 1st– Suspicious Vehicle/Narcotics – Observed suspicious vehicle parked in the back of Texhoma Park. Contact made with occupant Ernesto Murillo. Officers located marijuana and paraphernalia in the vehicle. Murillo was arrested and booked into Moore County Jail for Possession of Marijuana less than 2 ounces and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. The vehicle, a white Dodge Charger, was inventoried and impounded.
- 700 block Zauk – Burglary of a Habitation – Contact made with the complainant who advised that a person(s) had gained entry to her residence through the front door and taken an engagement set valued at approximately $400. Under investigation.
- 1700 S. Maddox – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop conducted on a white Chevrolet Silverado for disregarding stop sign. Contact made with driver Gabriel Soto. He was found to have five active warrants (CR-11-446- No insurance/ CR-11-448- NO DL/ CR-11-447F-FTA/ CR-11-383-No DL / Cr-11- 383F-FTA. He was arrested for the charges and issued a citation for the stop sign and DWLI.
- 600 E. 14th– Accident – Minor accident. White 1998 GMC truck backed into a parked two-door 2007 Pontiac. No visible damage to the GMC, minor damage to the Pontiac. Blue forms issued.
- 100 Oak – Assault – Dispatched in reference to a physical disturbance. Arrived and found that a subject, Eduardo Vargas, had slapped a female subject during an argument. All parties on scene were intoxicated, and Vargas was found hiding in a bedroom. Vargas was being verbally aggressive and was arrested for Class C assault.
- 1214 S. Dumas Ave. – Stolen Trailer – Dispatched in reference to a stolen trailer. Contact with the complainant who advised a trailer he borrowed was stolen from his business sometime between 6 p.m. on May 29, 2016 and 4:30 am on May 30, 2016. Trailer is a black 2011 homemade trailer TX 49666G. Trailer entered TCIC/NCIC as stolen.