The Dumas Police Department reported the following:
- 1000 block S. Meredith – Drive by Shooting – Dispatched in reference to gunshots in the residence. It was found that two bullets were shot at the residence. One hit the porch, and one went through the wall and entered the house. Under investigation.
- 300 block E. 19th – Hit and Run – Dispatched in reference to a hit-and-run that occurred in the parking lot. Contact made with the complainant who advised he came out at 7 a.m. and found his 2014 blue Mazda 6 had been struck on the front right fender causing damage.
- 200 block Spruce – Criminal Mischief – Contact was made with complainant who advised unknown subject(s) broke out three windows to his garage door. He estimated the damage to be around $200.
- 1400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Minor accident. Blue 1993 Peterbuilt semi-tractor was southbound 1400 block Dumas Avenue and slowed to turn west into 1410 S Dumas Ave. parking lot and struck its front left to the back left quarter to a Black 2008 GMC Acadia that was stopped in the exit at United Express. Minor damage occurred. No injuries.
- 124 E. 7th – Warrant Service – Andres Macias turned himself in at the police department. Andres was escorted to the Moore County Jail and booked for Warrant No. 81812VO Violate Promise to Appear, 81384VO No Seat Belt and 81385VO No Driver’s License.
- 1500 block Fox – Disturbance – Officers dispatched and found subjects arguing over property. A male subject was issued a Criminal Trespass Warning for the residence.
- 400 block S. Klein – Hit and Run – A Kia Sorento was parked facing south on the east side of the roadway. An unknown vehicle struck the right rear corner of the Kia. No injuries known.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A black 2008 Pontiac G6 was backing from a parking space in the parking lot of 2003 S. Dumas Ave. and traveling northwest. A 2007 Toyota 4 Runner was backing from a parking space north of the Pontiac. Both vehicles backed together and backed without safety. Both vehicles struck each other. No injury.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Contact made with AP personnel who had Jenny Collins in the AP office for stealing $59.11 worth of merchandise. Citation No. 085557 for Theft Over $100. All merchandise was recovered.
- 208 N. Dumas Ave. – Forgery – Officer made contact with complainant Cynthia Trevino by phone in reference to a Hispanic male subject attempting to cash a $300 check belonging to a deceased party. Upon arrival, contact was made with the complainant and suspect Gabino Acosta. Officers investigated the scene, and it was learned that Acosta was attempting to cash a check that was made out to him. The financial institution was contacted, and it was learned the account owner had passed away before the check was written and could not have been her. Acosta had also attempted to pass one of these checks in Dalhart. Acosta was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for Forgery (Government Instrument/ Money/ Security).
- 312 E. 1st – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor MVA. Unit No. 1 was backing out of a parking spot striking Unit No. 2 BR to RFQ. Nothing further.
- 600 block Pine – Disturbance – Officers dispatched on a disturbance. Investigation revealed a disagreement between neighbors.
- 1200 block S. Maddox – Runaway – Complainant reported her 15-year-old daughter had run away. Investigation revealed the juvenile had purchased a bus ticket to Alabama. The bus was searched by the Vernon, Texas, police when it stopped there, and the juvenile was taken into custody and later released to Child Protective Services.
- 1400 block S. Maddox – Disturbance – Investigation revealed an altercation between two subjects over the use of a basketball court had taken place. One of the subjects left before police arrived.
- 1525 S. Dumas Ave. – Warrant Service – Dispatched in reference to threats. Complainant stated he felt threatened by his nephews, but he would not give officers their names. Keo Silavong did have a Capias Warrant (City of Dumas) No. 80412CP. Silavong was arrested, transported and booked into the Moore County Jail for Capias Warrant No. 80412CP.
- 208 N. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched to the above location in reference to a beer run. Contact was made with complainant who advised that that at about 2:20 a.m. an unknown Hispanic male wearing a white baseball cap, brown jacket and blue jeans entered the store and ran out with a 30-pack of Budweiser, valued at $26.99, without paying for it. He further advised that the subject ran south on the east alley of the store. Officers were unable to locate the subject in the immediate area. Theft report completed. Under investigation.
- 900 block S. Maddox – Traffic/Narcotics – Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. After further investigation and a search, the passenger of the vehicle Hope Medellin was found to be in possession of methamphetamine and marijuana. Medellin was subsequently arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 500 block S. Klein – Disturbance – Officers dispatched in reference to problems with a juvenile. Investigation revealed a mother and son had an argument, and the juvenile began throwing items in the residence.
- 300 block W. 7th – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a male subject urinating in the area and drinking out of puddles. Officers canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Officers were unable to locate.
- 300 block Cedar – Warrant Service – Contacted by Amarillo Police Department with information regarding the location of wanted subject, Juan Tenorio. Went to residence on Cedar and were allowed in by homeowner. Tenorio had locked himself in a back bedroom. Tenorio was taken into custody, transported and booked at the Moore County Jail. Warrants confirmed. (Capias Warrants No. 27553 FTA, No. 27622 FTA, No. 27264 Poss. Dangerous Drug, and No. 6587-D Probation Violation-Indecency w/ Child).
- 100 block E. 10th – Traffic/Narcotics/Weapons -–Traffic stop initiated on a Honda Pass for defective tail lamps. Contact made with driver Kellam Vongsay. Officer located marijuana, methamphetamine, paraphernalia and a weapon in Vongsay’s possession. Vongsay was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Poss. of CS PG1 under 1gram and Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon. Citation issued for Poss. of Drug Paraphernalia and warning for the defective tail lamps.