A man posing as a maintenance worker made off with $246.77 after he told a clerk the store was behind on its maintenance bill, Dumas police reported. The store’s assistant manager contacted police Oct. 12 and said the man told the clerk he was from the store’s maintenance office, and the clerk gave him the money. The report didn’t give a description of the man but said the incident is under investigation.
Dumas police also reported the following:
- 1024 S. Dumas Ave – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a gas drive-off by a grey Chevrolet truck with a tire in the bed and damage to the right rear quarter panel. Area was canvassed but unable to locate any vehicles matching the given description. Investigation on going.
- 1100 S. Dumas Ave. – Arson – Dispatched in reference to a dumpster fire. Officers determined the subject had intentionally started a fire in a 55-gallon barrel that is marked for used oil filters and rags with a level 1 flammable rating. Traten was taken into custody without incident and booked into the Moore County Jail for arson.
- 1024 S. Dumas Ave. – Motorist Assist – Dispatched in reference to a motorist stalled in the middle of the street. A white SUV was out of gasoline and pushed to a gas station.
- 1200 block S. Dumas – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Observed that a red Dodge Caliber was struck by a silver Chevrolet Monte Carlo causing minimal damage. Blue forms were issued.
- 800 block Binkley – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a prowler in the area. Subject was not located. Everything was found to be OK.
- South Highway 287 – Agency Assist – Deputies requested assistance with a stranded vehicle. Arrived and found that both occupants of the vehicle were intoxicated. Clint Ramsey was arrested for public intoxication and the other occupant was transported by EMS.
- 100 block W. 14th– Accident – A white 2000 International Tractor towing a white grain trailer was traveling south in the 1300 block of south Dumas Avenue and attempted to turn west into the 100 block of west 14th The turn lane for eastbound traffic in the 100 block of west 14th was occupied by vehicles. The International turned when unsafe and didn’t allow for clearance. The truck hit the light pole in the northwest corner of the intersection. No injury.
- 300 S. Dumas Ave. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver. Unable to locate.
- Several Locations along Bliss and N. Dumas Ave. – Graffiti was located on several businesses and vehicles along South Bliss and North Dumas Avenue Under investigation.
- 300 block N. Dumas Ave. – Check Suspicious – Dispatch to the above location in reference to a male subject sleeping on the side of the business. Upon arrival, contact was made with the subject who advised he was OK and was just trying to get to Houston. He was directed to the Sheriff’s Office in attempt to obtain travel assistance. Nothing further.
- 300 block East 1st– Accident – A gold 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier was parked in a parking lot, facing northeast, in the 300 block of East 1st Street on the north side. The Cavalier was unoccupied. A white 2013 Ford utility pickup backed without safety, traveled southeast in the same parking lot and struck the Cavalier. No injury.
- 2025 S. Dumas Ave. – Harassment/Criminal Trespass – Contact made with assistant manager who advised a male subject had been harassing the female clerks at the store. The Complainant advised that the behavior had not escalated to the point of a criminal offense but did ask that a criminal trespass warning be served.
- 700 block Spruce – Warrant Service – Warrant service on Kelly Hutcherson for municipal warrants.
- 2100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Reckless Driver – Officer dispatched in reference to a reckless driver in a blue pickup. Officer arrived on scene and was UTL.
- 124 E. 7th– Warrant Service – Warrant service on Maria Flores-Castillo. Warrant 76593CP Permit Unlicensed Person to Drive. Subject arrested and booked into Moore County Jail.
- 800 block Hastings – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop initiated for defective equipment. Contact made with driver who was issued a citation for defective equipment. Contact also made with passenger Timothy Mickler who was found to have two active Moore County warrants for accident involving Injury/MTRP confirmed. Mickler was arrested.
- 115 block Success Blvd – Agency Assist – Responded to assist county units at AC North Campus in reference to subject in verbal altercation with an employee. Suspect took off on foot southbound. Located subject matching description who is known to the officer as Ian Davila. Transported Davila to Moore County Jail for criminal trespass.
- 1700 block E. 1st– City Ord. Violation – Dispatch in reference to a vehicle parked with a 72-hour sticker. A silver Buick with license No. CF1-K68 was towed by Pack’s Wrecker Service.
- 400 block N. Porter – City Ord. Violation – Dispatched in reference to a semi-truck being parked on a residential street. A 72-hour sticker was placed on the truck.
- 600 block S. Maddox – Accident – A red 2012 Dodge Challenger was parked facing west in a parking lot in the 600 block of South Maddox. A white 2011 Ford pickup backed without safety from a parking space west of the Dodge. The pickup hit the Challenger. No injury.
- 1800 block S. Dumas Ave. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a white Dodge Pickup driving recklessly. Located the vehicle stationary in the 1400 block of South Dumas Avenue. Contact was made with the driver who advised that he was very tired from a long drive. He did not appear to be intoxicated. The complainant did not want contact.
- 1500 block E. 1st– Accident – Investigation disclosed that a 2000 Jeep Wrangler failed to yield right of way and struck a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu. The driver of the Malibu was transported to the emergency room by EMS. CR3 completed.
- 300 block Beard – Attempt to locate – Dispatched in reference to a runaway out of Amarillo possibly being at the park. Officers searched the area but were unable to locate.
- 200 N. Porter – Theft – Dispatched in reference to theft of a bicycle. Arrived and made contact with the complainant who advised that between Oct. 10 and Oct. 18 someone had taken a purple and silver BMX bike and a blue or teal color BMX bike from the front yard of the residence.
- 1700 S. Dumas Ave. – Fight in Progress – Dispatched in reference to a fight in progress. Investigation disclosed that several subjects arrived at the bar where they were met by bar employees who advised them that they could not enter. A physical altercation ensued. No charges are being filed at this time. A male subject was issued a CTW. A female subject was taken to the hospital via ambulance due to a fall during the altercation.