Dumas High School graduation ceremonies will take place on Monday June 1, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. at Dumas Demon Stadium with multiple restrictions enforced for those who are permitted to attend the event.
DHS Principal Brett Beesley says the plans were recently finalized after the Governor of Texas and the Commissioner of Education released guidance for graduation events. All plans are subject to change at the discretion of the Governor of Texas.
If the graduation ceremony is unable to happen on June 1st due to bad weather, it will be postponed until Tuesday the 2nd.
Event Details Released by DISD
- We will limit the number of participants by giving each Senior 1 ticket that will allow 4 members of a family unit in.
- Each member of the family unit must be COVID–19 symptom free.
- We will limit the number of staff in attendance.
- Prior to the ceremony, participating students and attending family members must be screened.
- Screenings will be done via questioning.
- We will keep 6 feet of spacing between all students and participants (family units).
- Hand Sanitizing stations will be available at each entry point.
- All students and participants must wear a mask. Details on Ceremony
- Seniors will begin arriving at 7:00 pm.
- Seniors will enter through the East gate by the Demon Dome.
- Masks will be provided for the students and workers.
- Seniors will walk directly to their assigned seats where they will remain for the entire ceremony.
- Diplomas will not be handed out. They will be in the seat assigned to the Senior.
- Seniors with the Last Name beginning A-P will be given tickets that allow entry on the home side.
- Seniors with the Last Name beginning Q-Z will be given tickets that allow entry on the visitor’s side.
- Participants may begin arriving at 6:00 pm.
- Participants MUST sit on the taped sections of the stadium.
- Students and participants will be allowed entry with social distancing and dismissed by row.
See below for specific details on the event.