Burglars made off with a large collection of electronics and other items from a home in the 900 block of East 7th Street, according to a Dumas Police Department report.
The report says that on Sunday, the homeowners told police they found a bedroom window open, and a window air conditioning unit was on the floor. They also said the back door was open.
The owners told police the stolen items include a PlayStation4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Harman Bluetooth speaker, two piggy banks, 15 Xbox 360 games, 15 Xbox One games, four PlayStation4 games, one sheriff’s badge and one box of 100 insulin syringes.
The burglary is under investigation. Anyone with any information is asked to call the police department at 806-935-3998.
Dumas Police also reported the following:
- 200 E. 2nd – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Officer arrived and made contact with Christi Smith and Holli Boggs. Unit 1 reversed in the Moore County Hospital parking lot, striking unit 2, a parked car, causing minor damage.
- 100 block Elm – Criminal Trespass – Officer dispatched in reference to a burglary. Officer arrived on scene and met with the complainants who advised an unknown subject caused minor damage to their back door.
- 200 block Peach – Fireworks – Dispatched in reference to subject possibly shooting fireworks from a vehicle. Contact made with the complainant who advised unknown subjects in a red SUV had shot off some type of firework or pellet gun from the vehicle outside his residence. Officers were unable to locate.
- 700 block E. 13th – Public Intoxication – Officers met with a complainant in reference to another incident and found the complainant was intoxicated to a degree in which he was a danger to himself and others. Joshua Galan was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail for Public Intoxication.
- 700 block Spruce – Driving while License Invalid – Officer observed a subject driving whom he knew did not possess a current/valid driver’s license. Randy Dominguez was arrested for Driving While License Invalid w/ previous convictions and booked into the Moore County Jail. His vehicle was impounded.
- 600 block S. Birge – Shots Fired – Complainant advised he heard what sounded like gunshots. Officers were unable to locate anything in the area.
- 300 block Elm – Disturbance/Warrant Service – Officers were dispatched to a domestic disturbance that was determined to be verbal only. Joseph Garner was arrested for outstanding warrants and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 300 block NW 5th – Assault – Dispatched to the above location in reference to a fight in progress. Upon arrival, Contact was made with complainant who advised that he was at his residence when he heard a disturbance coming from his neighbor’s house. He further advised that he went outside and observed two female subjects assaulting his female neighbor who received only minor injuries. Charges pending.
- 100 N. Dumas Ave. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver in a blue passenger car with Alabama plates. Unable to locate between 1st Street and north city limits.
- 1000 S. Dumas – Accident – Dispatched to the Moore County Sheriff’s Office in reference to an accident that occurred on July 15. Contact was made with the complainant who advised that he had been involved in an accident in the Allsup’s parking lot on July 15, and he noticed that his vehicle was damaged earlier today and wished to report the accident. Blue form was issued.
- 700 block Beard – Suspicious Person – Dispatched in reference to someone looking in the window. Unable to locate.
- 500 block 3rd Place – Vehicle Fire – Dispatched in reference to a vehicle on fire. Upon arrival, contact was made with the complainant who advised that as he was leaving his residence for work, he observed his blue 1997 Ford pickup was on fire. The Dumas Fire department arrived on scene and extinguished the fire.
- 100 block S. El Paso – Suspicious Person – Officer was dispatched in reference to a prowler in the area. Officer checked the area and didn’t locate anyone in the area.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Found Property – An Officer located a black purse in an unattended basket in the Wal-Mart parking lot. He used the phone in the purse to locate the daughter of the owner. She came to Walmart and retrieved her purse. Nothing was missing.
- 100 S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A gray 2013 Nissan Murano was slowing, traveling north in the inside lane of the 100 block of south Dumas. A gray 2008 Chevrolet Equinox was behind the Nissan. The Chevrolet was following too closely and struck the Nissan from behind. A passenger in the Chevrolet was taken to the hospital by personal vehicle due to pain to the hand. No other reported injuries.
- 100 block W. 17th – Narcotics – Manager at Super 8 complained of smell of marijuana coming from room 118. Officers made contact with the occupant of the room and subsequently arrested Donald Armentor and booked him into the Moore County Jail for Possession of Marijuana less than 2 ounces and Possession Drug Paraphernalia.
- 1900 block S. Dumas Ave. – Attempt to Locate – Officer made contact with a complainant. She advised she was attempting to locate her husband in the area who was in a wheelchair. Officer was able to locate the subject and transported him back to the La Quinta.
- 100 E. 16th – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor motor vehicle accident. Unit 1, a white 2012 Chevrolet Silverado, was westbound on the 100 block of E. 16th St. – Stop Sign. Unit 2, a white 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt, was westbound on the 100 block of E. 16th St. directly behind Unit 1. Unit 1 Backed Without Safety, striking Unit 2. No injuries.
- 1700 S. Dumas – Accident – Dispatched to Sheriff’s Office in reference to a hit and run. Contact was made with the complainant who was in the Motel 6 parking lot when someone backed into her rental vehicle and fled.
- 200 Plum – Animal Control – Dispatched in reference to barking dogs next door. Investigation disclosed a porcupine was located on the fence causing the dogs to bark. Animal control officer was contacted.
- 700 block Elm – Theft – Officer dispatched to the above location in reference to theft. Officer arrived on scene and met with the complainant who advised a green mini bike was stolen from her front yard.
- 500 block Oak – Criminal Trespass – Dispatched in reference to prowlers in the area. Upon arrival, contact was made with complainant who advised she heard her dog barking in the backyard and when she checked the back, she believes she saw an unknown subject jump her fence. Unable to locate.