- 300 block N. Dumas – Theft – Dispatched in reference to criminal mischief. Contact was made with business owner who advised that on April 9, 2016, at about 2 a.m. an unknown person stole five security cameras located in front of the business.
- 500 block Elm – Theft – Dispatched in reference to theft. Contact was made with the complainant who advised sometime between 5 p.m. April 9, 2016, and 1 a.m. on April 11, 2016, unknown persons stole a spare tire from the bed of his flatbed trailer.
- 100 block N. Dumas – Theft – Dispatched in reference to theft by male and female subjects who had left the scene. Investigation disclosed that a male and female subject had stolen numerous items including makeup, male enhancement products and personal lubrication. Video surveillance shows the subjects leaving in an older model white Dodge single cab truck. Under investigation.
- 500 block Phillips – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a prowler. Unable to locate.
- 1600 block Binkley – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a Hit and Run. Officer investigated the scene, and it was learned that a 2006 Dodge Charger struck a 1999 Ford F-150, which was parked in front of lot No. 8.
- 2700 block S. Dumas – Check Suspicious/Warrant Service – Dispatched out to the truck stop for a welfare check on a male subject wondering out in a field. Contact made with George Mata. Mata was found to have a warrant out of Randall County. He was arrested and booked into Moore County Jail.
- 1200 block S. Klein – Accident/Hit and Run – Received a report of a hit-and-run at the above location. It was found that a green 2007 Chevy pickup, parked in the parking area of the baseball field, had been struck by an unknown vehicle that fled the scene.
- 1600 block Binkley – Locate Stolen Vehicle – Received a report of a stolen vehicle being located at the above location. Contact was made with a resident who advised that someone had parked a damaged 2006 Blue Dodge Charger in her driveway. The Charger was confirmed to have been stolen out of Cactus.
- 500 block Phillips – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to someone knocking on her front door. Unable to locate anyone in the area.
- 100 block E. 10th– Hit and Run Accident – On April 10, 2016, at about 7 p.m. an unknown vehicle struck a 2015 blue Honda Accord that was legally parked in the 100 block of E 10th in a parking space on the south side of the road. The suspect vehicle drove away without leaving information.
- 1100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A red 2009 Toyota RAV4 was south in the 1000 block of south Dumas Avenue in the inside lane. A white 2009 Chevrolet Impala failed to yield right of way at the stop sign in the 100 block of E 11th. The Toyota entered the intersection and was struck by the Chevrolet just south of the intersection. No injury.
- 100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A 2001 gray Chevrolet pickup was stopped in the 100 block of south Dumas, outside lane, behind traffic at a red light, facing north. A gray 2014 Chevrolet Impala was behind the Chevrolet pickup. A 1998 Chevrolet S10 pickup followed too closely and didn’t stop as soon as the other vehicles. The S10 struck the Impala that struck the Chevrolet pickup. A passenger in the Impala was transported to the hospital by ambulance with possible head injury.
- 500 block S. Birge – Burglary of a Habitation – dispatched in reference to a home burglary. Several power tools were taken during the burglary, including two Dewalt batteries, Dewalt battery charger, Dremel, etc. Incident occurred between 5:30 p.m. last night and 9:30 a.m. this morning.
- 900 block Shamrock Dr. – Traffic/Narcotics – Traffic stop initiated on a white 2D passenger car for speeding. Contact made with driver Hector Ornelas. Upon contact, officer detected an odor of marijuana emitting from the vehicle. A PC search was conducted on the vehicle. Ornelas was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. He was arrested and transported to the Moore County Jail for Possession Drug Paraphernalia, and a citation was issued for speeding and Fail to maintain financial responsibility. Warning for fail to change address on DL.
- 1400 block S. Maddox – Accident/Hit and Run – Dispatched in reference to a hit and run. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who stated a white vehicle had failed to stop at the stop sign and struck her 2013 Chevrolet Cruz vehicle then proceeded west down 14th Officers were unable to locate.
- 400 block E. 14th– Traffic/Narcotics – Conducted a traffic stop on a black Chevrolet known not to have insurance. Contacted driver Erica Spain and a passenger. Vehicle was impounded and inventoried. During inventory officers located drug paraphernalia and liquid form of dangerous drugs. Spain was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 300 W. 13th– Jaywalking/Fail to ID – Officer was patrolling in the 300 block of W13th street and observed a male subject Jaywalking. Officer made contact with subject and he gave the name of Jose Gonzales. Subject seemed very nervous and after further investigation with Jose he later confessed to being Jose Martinez. Subject was arrested for Fail to ID and issued a citation.
- 400 block Floyd – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Contacted the victim who stated he had some lawn equipment stolen from his lawn trailer. The items were described as an Echo Trimmer and a Steele Edger. Victim stated he went to the EZ Pawn shop where they stated they had these items pawned yesterday. Written report made and forwarded to CID.
- 208 block N. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a gas drive off. Spoke with the complainant who stated that a white Pontiac Grand Am pumped $16.20 worth of fuel and left without paying. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle.
- 1723 S. Dumas Ave. – Burglary of a Building – Dispatched in reference to an alarm. Officers arrived on scene and observed the building to have been broken into through the front door by breaking out the glass. Rep contacted who arrived and stated only thing missing was the business checkbook. Under investigation.
- 308 N. Dumas Ave. – Theft/Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Made contact with owner of the business, Hector Arenivar. He advised two cameras were stolen and several lights were broken. Investigation to continue.
- 200 E. 1st– Accident – A black 2015 Chevrolet Impala was east in the parking lot of 200 block of East 1st Street on the south side of the roadway. The Impala went a few feet past being able to park in a parking space and backed to turn into the space. A red 2010 Chevrolet Equinox backed without safety from the north side of the parking lot and struck the Impala. No injury.
- 100 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A black 2015 Nissan Sentra was stopped behind traffic in the outside lane of the 100 block of North Dumas Avenue facing south. A tan 2002 Ford F-150 was north in the turn lane attempting to turn into a private drive on the west side of the street. Traffic allowed the Ford to turn. The Ford turned when unsafe and struck the Nissan. No injury.
- 1500 block S. Meredith – Theft – Dispatched in reference to theft of 18 cinder blocks. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who said she came out of her house this morning to find her cinder blocks missing. She said she had last seen them on April 13, 2016. Investigation ongoing.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. While en- route, officers located a juvenile male subject who matched the description of the suspect. The subject fled upon seeing officers and was captured a short time later. The juvenile was taken into custody and transported to Youth Center of the High Plains.
- 900 block Shamrock Dr. – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference to a possible fight. Arrived and investigation disclosed multiple persons arguing over an incident that occurred previously this date.
- 300 N. Dumas Ave. – Evading Arrest/Detention – Traffic stop initiated on a silver 2012 Toyota Tacoma for Speeding (60 mph in a 35 mph zone). Said vehicle refused to stop and preceded north on North Dumas Avenue. The vehicle turned right onto North 5th Street and proceeded east on North 5th Street still traveling at a high rate of speed and came to a complete stop at North 5th Street and North Maddox Avenue. The vehicle proceeded east onto NE 5th Street and then turned north onto Hickory Street. The vehicle came to a stop in front of a residence on Hickory. The officer made contact with the driver Javier Fuentes who was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County Jail for Evading Arrest/Detention and cited for Driving While License Invalid and Speeding.
- Area of 100 Oak – Graffiti – Dispatched in reference to graffiti. Made contact with a complainant who advised that unknown person(s) had spray painted the word “Sur13” on his storage shed located in his backyard at an unknown time. During the investigation it was revealed that numerous other locations had been spray painted as well with “Sur13” and other markings. The locations included five city trash dumpsters located in the west alley of the 100 block of Oak, the east exterior wall of the Discovery Center, the west exterior wall of the Eagles Lodge, the back garage door of 114 N. Meredith, the back fence of 120 N. Meredith and the back of the house at 126 N. Meredith.
- 600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Dispatched in reference to traffic accident. 2005 white Toyota was westbound in the 100 block of East 6th A 2007 red Nissan was southbound in the 500 block of South Dumas Avenue. Vehicles collided in the intersection of South Dumas Avenue. Both drivers advised they had the green light. No witnesses were located and unable to determine the at fault driver. Both vehicles were towed by Packs due to damage. Neither driver had a valid driver’s license. Both were issued citations for no driver’s license.
- 200 block Denton – Attempted Murder/Suicide – Officers dispatched to a residence in the 200 block of Denton in reference to a female with a gunshot wound. While enroute, dispatch advised it was a female that accidentally shot herself. As Officers arrived a gunshot was heard coming from inside the house. Officers entered the residence and found a female with a gunshot wound to her neck and a male subject (Mark Smith) with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Smith was transported by EMS and later pronounced dead at Memorial Hospital ER. The female is in stable condition.
- 700 block E. 1st – Burglary of Habitation w/Intent. – Dispatched in reference to a theft involving the use of a gun. Arrived and made contact with several subjects who advised that unknown males had forced their way into the residence demanding to speak to a female. All subjects left the residence together. Investigation ongoing. While on scene Almoeiz Abdalla Yagoob was found to have active Moore County warrants and was taken into custody and transported to the Moore County Jail.