An accidental call for 911 assistance didn’t end well for a Dumas man.
According a Dumas PD report, police officers responded a 911 hangup call in the 300 block of South Birge on May 3. The officers spoke with Harley Jalomo at the residence, and he said everything OK, that his nephew was playing with the cellphone.
Officers found out Jalomo had a Moore County warrant for theft of property $750 to $2,500, and he was taken to the Moore County Jail.
Dumas PD also reported the following:
- 1800 block S. Dumas – Traffic/Narcotics – Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation and subsequently arrested Anthony Parke for possession of marijuana.
- 1300 block S. Bliss – Burglary of a Habitation – Dispatched in reference to a burglary. Contacted victim who stated he and his family had been gone since April 28 and returned today. The front door had been kicked in and multiple electronics had been taken.
- 1300 S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Officer was dispatched in reference to a minor vehicle accident. A tan Ford F-150 failed to control speed and struck a black Cadillac Escalade in the rear with the front end of the Ford truck. No injuries, and air bags did deploy. Packs towed the Ford, and the Cadillac was driven away
- 500 block Pecan – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to juveniles in the alley damaging gas meters. Officers located nine meters with the gauges broken off in the alley between Pecan and Cherry.
- 100 block Pine – Criminal Mischief – Several gas meters damaged.
- 100 block Plum – Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Subjects stole a registration sticker and tools from a Mitsubishi Galant.
- 100 N. Klein – Disturbance /Warrant Service – Officers were dispatched in reference to a domestic disturbance. Arrived on scene and made contact with Noe Vargus and a female subject who were arguing over the custody of their child. Vargus was found to have two active Moore County warrants for bail jumping and failure to appear and interfering with Public Duties. Vargus was booked into the Moore County Jail.
- N. Dumas Ave. – Parole Violation – Officer went to 222 N. Dumas Avenue No. 14 (Red Lantern) in reference to a wanted subject. Once at the residence, officer located Darren Defries in the restroom hiding. Subject was placed under arrest for parole warrant No. 04881338. Dispatch confirmed warrant and subject was escorted to the Moore County Jail where he was booked in without incident.
- 800 W. US 87 – Traffic/Warrant Service – On above date, I conducted a traffic stop on a gray mustang. Passenger was identified as Julio Ramirez. He was found to have an outstanding warrant (Potter Co. No. 142337-2) for possession of a controlled substance. Warrant confirmed and subject transported and booked at the Moore County Jail. Driver was cited for no driver’s license and released from the scene with the vehicle.
- 1523 S. Dumas Ave. – Burglary of a Building – Subject entered Kentucky Fried Chicken, which was closed, and stole money from the safe.
- 200 S. Dumas – Accident – Dispatched to the above location in reference to an mva. Unit 2, a white 2016 Kia Sedona, was traveling north on the inside lane. Unit 1, a black 2014 GMC Sierra, was traveling north on the outside lane. Unit 1 made an unsafe lane change, which resulted in striking Unit 2, LP to RP, causing minor damage.
- 1500 block Fox – Warrant Service – Warrant service on Nellie Rowles. Rowles was arrested and booked into Moore County Jail without incident.
- 600 block Forrest – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Contact was made with the driver of Unit 2 and driver of Unit 1, who advised that Unit 2 was stationary at a stop sign and Unit 1 failed to control speed and struck Unit 2 causing FD to BD damage.
- 500 block Phillips – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to a prowler. Unable to locate.
- 300 block N. 2nd– Agency Assist/Evading Arrest – Officer was dispatched in reference to a sheriff’s deputy in a pursuit. Officer located officer in the front residence of Oak. Deputy informed officer that a female subject was driving vehicle and failed to stop and then ran on foot. Deputies were able to locate her and place her under arrest.
- 1200 block E. 1st. – Accident – A red 2007 Pontiac G6 was legally parked in the 1200 block of east 1st in a parking lot on the north side of the street. A black 2001 Acura SUV backed without safety from a parking space north of the Pontiac. The Acura struck the Pontiac. No injury.
- 500 block W. 9th– Structure Fire – Agency assist at the above location in reference to a structure fire. Upon arrival, officer cleared the residence to confirm no other parties were inside. It was learned that the owners had put the fire out, which was located in the kid’s bedroom. It was determined a juvenile male was playing with a lighter.
- 1600 block S. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Minor accident at the above location. A 1997 red Kenworth semitrailer, pulling a box trailer, was traveling west in the parking lot. The semi failed to control speed, striking a pole located on the southwest side of the parking lot. No injuries.
- 1400 block S. Dumas – Recovered Stolen Vehicle – Traffic stop initiated for defective tail lamps on Silver 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara UT-A766PM. Contact made with driver, Nathan Martinez. Vehicle found to be stolen out of Salt Lake City, Utah. Driver was detained pending confirmation. A 5-year-old juvenile was also in the vehicle. Upon confirmation, vehicle was impounded and taken to Pack’s. Driver and child were fully identified and taken to Capri Motel. Information forwarded to Utah for their charges.
- 1400 block S. Dumas – Public Intoxication – Officer checked out with a Hispanic male subject who was identified as Jose Fuentes walking south. Upon making contact with Fuentes, it was determined he was intoxicated. Fuentes was found to be a danger to himself or others and was arrested, transported to Moore County Jail for Public Intoxication.
- 400 block N. Birge – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Officers were unable to locate. RP wished negative contact.
- 400 block Zauk – EMS Assist – Dispatched in reference to a possible domestic dispute/911 open line. Made contact with the complainant who stated his dad was injured in the back house. Officers located the injured party in the residence on the kitchen floor with a severe laceration to his arm. Officers applied a tourniquet to the left arm. Life star was contacted and the injured was airlifted to Amarillo.
- 600 block Spruce – Traffic/DWLI – Traffic stop conducted on a vehicle for expiration of registration. Contact made with driver, Lisa Guerra, who was found to have suspended/exp Texas driver’s license as of November 1997. A 6-year-old child passenger was found unrestrained. Guerra was found to have previous convictions for DWLI. Child was released to responsible party. Lisa was taken into custody and booked for DWLI with previous conviction Class B.
- 100 block Elm – Accident – Minor accident at the above location. A 2007 GMC pulled out of a parking spot traveling east. A 2011 BMW was stationary in the same parking lot, facing west. The GMC Envoy failed to control speed, striking the BMW.
- 500 block Phillips – Prowler – Dispatched in reference to someone knocking on the door. Officers were unable to locate anyone in the area.
- 900 block S. Maddox – Hit and Run Accident – Officer was dispatched in reference to a hit-and-run accident. Officer arrived, and the complainant advised they were going south on Maddox when a tan van failed to yield right of way on East 9th and Maddox and hit his black truck in the right rear with the van’s left front. Van left the scene and officer was able to locate the vehicle. Officer spoke with driver who didn’t understand he was supposed to stop due to a language barrier. Accident report completed and driver of van issued a citation.
- 200 block Peach – Loud Music – Loud music call. Officers were unable to locate.
- 1700 block S. Dumas – Hit and Run Accident – Dispatched in reference a hit-and-run in the parking lot. Contact made with the complainant who stated possibly a white Ford F250 backed from a parking spot and struck her 2012 black Chevrolet Sonic on the left rear door causing damage.
- 200 block W. 1st– DWI – Traffic stop at the above location on a 2003 white Ford Taurus. Contact was made with a male driver who was identified as Domingo Ruiz Satiz who was determined to be intoxicated. Satiz was arrested and booked in for DWI BAC over 0.15 Class A Misdemeanor and Poss. CS PG 1g> 1g, State Jail Felony.