Moore County Crime Stoppers is offering a $5,000 reward for information about the theft of an AR-15 and a police vest stolen out of Dumas Police Department Tahoe. DPD reported the burglary occurred sometime late Jan. 25 or early Jan. 26. The AR-15 has a EOTech scope mounted on the rail, according to the report.
If you have any information about this burglary, call Crime Stoppers at 806-922-5477.
- 1400 block S. Maddox – Disturbance – Officer was dispatched to the YMCA in reference to juvenile horse playing and not listening. Officer arrived and spoke with manager who advised several children were not listening and not following rules. Officer located the parents and informed them about their children. The juveniles were asked to leave for the night and could return tomorrow.
- Sometime late Jan. 25 or early Jan. 26, 2016 a Dumas Police Department marked Tahoe was burglarized. The suspects took a Bushmaster AR-15, Model No. XM15-E2S, Serial No. L316455, .223 caliber, with an EOTech scope mounted on the rail. Also taken was a police tactical vest with POLICE in large lettering attached.
- 500 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic/Narcotics – Officer was patrolling area and observed a maroon Chevy Malibu fail to use signal within a 100 feet. A traffic stop was conducted for the violation. During the investigation, Austin Armendariz, Fernando Flores Jr. and another male subject were inside the vehicle. All three subjects were checked for warrants. Armendariz and Flores had Moore County warrants. Both subjects were arrested. During a vehicle inventory, officer located a substance known to be methamphetamine and in another clear baggie was a white powdery substance known to be cocaine. The narcotics were determined to belong to Armendariz who was also booked in for Possession of a controlled substance Penalty Grade 1 more than 1 gram less than 4 grams and possession of a controlled substance Penalty Grade 1 more than 4 grams less than 200 grams.
- 1600 block Binkley – Traffic/Narcotics – Traffic stop conducted on a white 1996 Dodge Van for no front license plate. Contact was made with driver and passenger. Consent to search was given, and the officer located methamphetamine. Charges will be filled on Randy Medellin for possession of controlled substance Penalty Grade 1.
- 200 block Pine – Disturbance – Officers responded to a disturbance call. Investigation revealed two male subjects, one of which was a tow truck driver attempting to reposes a black Chevrolet pickup. The creditor was refusing to allow the repossession. Both subjects wanted to file on the other for traffic violations.
- 700 block Floyd – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft that occurred at an unknown time. Made contact with the complainant who advised that sometime between Jan. 21 and time of call, unknown person(s) took a homemade 6-foot trailer with a Sabre, John Deer riding mower on it. The mower is green with white decals, black seat and a mowing deck. The trailer has a wooded deck, lay down wood ramp and white rims with black tires and black fenders. The trailer stands out due to not having any sides or rails. The mower was secured with chains and tie-down straps.
- 600 block S. Maddox – Traffic/Warrant Service – No seatbelt driver and DWLI, citations issued to Amber Ireland the driver who had two city warrants (capias) for failure to appear and DWLI. She was arrested, transported and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 100 block Carson – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Arrived and made contact with the complainant who advised that a female subject had taken his Samsung Galaxy S6 on Jan. 20. The phone was entered into TCIC/NCIC as stolen.
- 500 block S. Klein – Parking Violations – Dispatched in reference to vehicles parked in the driveway not belonging to the resident. Arrived and found that two vehicles belonging to high school students were parked at the above. Contact made with the students who agreed to move the vehicles and not park there in the future.
- 500b block E. 16th– Hit and Run – Dispatched in references to a hit and run. Made contact with the complainant who states this date sometime between 3 p.m. and 11:10 p.m. his vehicle was struck in the parking lot. Damage was observed. Accident report will be made.
- 1600 block E. 7th– Public Intoxication – Dispatched in reference to a welfare check. Contact was made with female subject who appeared to be intoxicated. She was released to a sober party.
- 1800 block S. Dumas Ave. – SCAM – Dispatched in reference to a scam. Arrived and made contact with the complainant who stated she had received a phone call from Xcel stating to go to United and complete a MoneyGram. She stated that she contacted Xcel, and they stated that it was a scam and to report it to the authorities.
- 1300 block S. Porter – Criminal Mischief – Officer was dispatched in reference to a criminal mischief. Officer arrived and spoke with the complainant who informed officers between the times of 7:30 p.m. and 8:45 a.m. someone keyed her black 2004 Ford F150 on the right side from the front to the rear.
- 2003 S. Dumas – Disturbance – Two female subjects got into a physical altercation while shopping. They both received minor injuries as well as a third female who tried to break them up. Charges pending.
- 1700 block Lewis – Disturbance – Subject in a white pickup pulled up and threw empty boxes over the occupant’s back fence. Video surveillance obtained, and charges pending on suspect.