Last Updated on October 26, 2015 – 3:05 PM CDT
Above: Dumas Police arrested Casey McKay after he fired a pistol in the direction of a neighbor during a verbal argument over loud music.
Dumas Police arrested a man who pulled a gun on a neighbor over loud music, according to a DPD report. Casey McKay got into a verbal argument Thursday with his neighbor in the 200 block of South Porter, and he fired a 9 mm pistol in the direction of the neighbor and several other people. McKay was arrested for deadly conduct and discharging a firearm He was booked into the Moore County Jail.
900 block S. Meredith – Loud Music October 19
- 900 block S. Meredith – Loud Music – Dispatched to the above location in reference to loud music. The music was turned down.
- 500 block N. Maddox – Accident – 2015 brown Ford F-150 pickup was southbound and failed to control speed, striking a 2009 brown Nissan Murano. FL-BR damage. No injuries.
- 100 block E. 2nd– Accident – 2001 White Ford F-15 pickup was facing west at the stop sign. The pickup then backed without safety striking a 2006 black Saturn Ion. BC to FC damage. No injuries.
- 600 block S. Twichell – Theft – Dispatched in reference theft. Contact made with the complainant who stated unknown subject(s) took an 18-volt DeWalt cordless drill and an 18-volt DeWalt cordless reciprocating saw from the Co-Op shop on Oct. 17 between 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- 124 block E. 7th – Warrant Service – Spoke to subject in lobby of police department. Subject identified as Martin Velasquez who was found to have outstanding out of Hidalgo County for probation violation theft of property over $20,000 and under $100,000. Velasquez was arrested and booked for the warrant.
- 1300 block S. Klein – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. 2001 Gold Chevy Tahoe pulled into traffic and struck 2006 Blue Dodge Caravan front right to back left causing minor damage. Blue formed issued.
- 1800 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop initiated on a white Cadillac. Warning was issued to the driver for disregard traffic control device. During the traffic stop, it was confirmed that passenger Edgar Rivera had an active warrant out of Moore County. Rivera was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County Jail without incident for Capias No. 27604 theft of property more than $50 less than $500.
- 800 block S. Maddox – Accident – A maroon 2005 Dodge Durango was north in the in the inside lane. A white 1999 Nissan Sentra was traveling southbound in the northbound inside lane. The Durango swerved toward the outside lane, and the Nissan hit the Durango’s left rear corner. The driver of the Nissan then continued south on Maddox and had another accident at 19th Street and South Maddox where it left the road, missing the turn and struck a yellow protective pole on landfill property. No injury.
- 400 block N. Maddox – Public Intoxication – Officer observed Carlos Aaron Rodriguez-Valdez walking east in the700 block of North 4th Rodriguez-Valdez appeared to be intoxicated. Contact was made with him, and he was found to be intoxicated. Rodriguez-Valdez provided officers with a false date of birth. When the correct date of birth was identified, Rodriguez-Valdez was found to have two warrants out of Santa Fe, New Mexico. He was taken into custody, and a search revealed paraphernalia and heroin. Rodriguez-Valdez was arrested and booked for public intoxication, possession of drug paraphernalia, failed to identify (fugitive), possession of a controlled substance 1 gram – 4 grams and the two New Mexico warrants.
- 1400 Guylane Plaza – Accident – Officer was dispatched in reference to a minor accident. The driver of red Ford F-150 pickup opened the passenger side door, which then struck the driver side door of a 2011 gray Chevrolet Camaro. Both parties were issued blue forms.
- 500 block W. 4th– Truancy – Officer checked with two juveniles. It was learned both subjects were skipping school. Both subjects were transported to the Dumas Police Department and later released to parents.
- 400 W. 14th– Traffic/Possession of Marijuana – Traffic stop on a 2001 Honda Accord. Contact was made with driver Irene Amaro. Officer detected an odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Amaro was found to be in possession of marijuana and Paraphernalia. Amaro was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- 1400 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic/Warrant Service – Conducted traffic stop on white van. Identified passenger as Marinana Rivera Mora. She was found to have two outstanding warrants. Warrants confirmed, and she was transported to the Moore County Jail.
- 700 block Zauk – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to damaged gas meters. Arrived and located two black covers to be missing on 711 Durrett and 708 Durrett.
- 1100 block Bruce – Check Suspicious – Dispatched in reference to a suspicious vehicle in the area. Unable to locate.
- 700 block S. Bliss – Warrant Service – Warrant service on Hector Gandara. Warrants were confirmed, and Gandara was arrested and booked in at the Moore County Jail for parole warrant No. 09262015-06601136.
- 2003 S. Dumas Ave. – Hit and Run – A gray 2014 Toyota Sienna minivan was parked in the Walmart parking lot. An unknown vehicle struck the left rear corner of the Toyota and left the scene.
- 1600 block S. Meredith – Criminal Mischief – Spoke with a complainant at the police department in reference to person(s) unknown damaging his fence between last Saturday and today.
- 200 block E. 1st– Traffic/Possession of Marijuana/Methamphetamine/Paraphernalia – Traffic stop conducted on a white dodge for moving violations. Driver identified as Pedro Hernandez. Officers found three baggies of marijuana, a joint, pipes, cash and methamphetamine. Hernandez was arrested on the on view charges.
- 300block E. 8th– Reckless Driver – Reckless driver reported. Unable to locate reported vehicle. Complainant did not want contact.
- 100 block S. Twichell – Reckless Driver – Dispatch in reference to a reckless driver. Officers canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Officers were unable to locate.
- 400 block Pine – Burglary of a Building – Complainant advised he came home and found a subject in his yard, and his toolboxes were open with tools missing. Suspect has been identified. Under investigation.
- 600 block N. Maddox – Scam – Dispatched in reference to a phone scam. Contact made with the complainant who stated subjects calling from Jamaica tried to get him to send them a MoneyGram for $239 to Lubbock in exchange for $1.5 million.
- 1000 block S. Maddox – Abandoned vehicle – Dispatched in reference to an abandoned vehicle behind the storage units. 1987 white Toyota Camry was partially blocking the alley. Vehicle was towed by Packs.
- 500 block Beard – Theft – Complainant advised a bicycle was stolen from the residence, and the owner observed a juvenile riding it. The juvenile was located and advised he found the bike in the alley and thought it was abandoned. The bike was returned to the owner who did not wish to pursue charges. He only wanted the bike back.
- 100 block S. Maddox – Motorist Assist – Officer was patrolling the area and observed a red Chevy pickup with its hazards. Officer spoke with driver, and his vehicle wouldn’t start. Officer assisted motorist by pushing his vehicle out of the road until he could get help.
- 1700 block S. Meredith – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Made contact with residents and advised them of the complaint, and they agreed to turn the music down. Nothing further.
- 1024 S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Contacted complainant who stated a white ford pickup was at pump No. 3 where an older white male got gas. The man didn’t come inside to pay for the gas before driving off last seen southbound on Dumas Ave. Gasoline taken valued at $29.50.
- 100 block Chelsea – Possession of Methamphetamine – Officer was patrolling in the 800 block of E. 1st and observed a male subject identified as Daniel Zamora. Officer made contact with Zamora and during the contact he was found to be in possession of methamphetamine. Zamora was arrested for possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram and booked into the Moore County Jail without incident.
- 100 block N. 3rd– Traffic/Possession – Traffic stop on red Chevy truck due to the officer’s prior knowledge of the driver to be DWLI. Jose Huerta was arrested for the DWLI with previous convictions. Located in the truck were meth, pipes, scales and stolen property.
- 700 block Beard – Warrant Service – Observed subject in open yard behind 723 Beard known to be Bonita Phommasyha and known to have felony warrants. Contact made with the subject who was arrested on felony warrant No. 2014CR02854 unlawful possession of controlled substance, use/possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia, bond forfeiture failure to appear out of Sedgwick County, Kansas and four city warrants.
- 400 block Elm – Operate ATV on Roadway – Dispatch in reference to unknown subjects riding four wheelers in the roadway. Officers canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Unable to locate.
- 500 block S. Birge – Loud Music – Dispatched in reference to loud music. Made contact with residents and advised to keep the music down to which they agreed. Nothing further.
- 1300 S. Klein – Accident – Dispatched in reference to a minor accident. 2001 Gold Chevy Tahoe pulled into traffic and struck 2006 Blue Dodge Caravan front right to back left causing minor damage. Blue formed issued.
- 1800 block S. Dumas Ave. – Traffic/Warrant Service – Traffic stop initiated on a white Cadillac. Warning was issued to the driver for disregard traffic control device. During the traffic stop, it was confirmed that passenger Edgar Rivera had an active warrant out of Moore County. Edgar was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County Jail without incident for Capias No. 27604 theft of property more than $50 less than $500.