Last Updated on January 3, 2022 – 11:20 AM CST
DUMAS, TX – The 2022 Moore County stock show will take place this week at the Community Building in Dumas. The annual event brings local FFA and 4-H students together to show off their project animals.
Local students have worked countless early morning hours and late evenings over several months time to take care of their show animals in hopes to take that Grand Champion belt buckle home.
Kaden Viner, who was the 2021 student stock show columnist for the Moore County Journal says, “These kids grow attached to the projects like a pet. From feeding and walking to bathing and sheering, knowing that the end will be to say goodbye as the animals load the truck. All the time and effort that has been put into their projects for just a few minutes in the show ring is all it takes to make it all worthwhile.”
Follow the Moore County Journal website and our social media pages for updates during the 2022 show.
2022 show info
- 5:00 – set up ring and pens at community bldg for all who can come help.
- 6:00 am – Doors open for cattle, goats, and sheep to move in.
- 3:00 pm – Wednesday exhibitors meeting then Weight cards due to superintendents.
- 6:00 pm – The show begins at 6 pm with dairy cattle, heifers, steers, goats, sheep. All must leave the barn Wednesday night.
- 6:00 am – Doors open at 6 am for swine to move in.
- 3:00 pm – Thursday exhibitors meeting then Weight cards due to superintendents.
- 6:00 pm – The show begins at 6 pm for swine. All must leave the barn Thursday night.
- 8:00 am – Cleanup at community bldg for all who can help.
- Noon – Help Tammy set up at Willies for all who can help.
- 4:00 pm – ALL exhibitors report to Willies dressed up and ready to eat steaks and for table assignments.
- 6:00 pm – Steak dinner served to buyers
- 7:00 pm – The auction begins
* ALL exhibitors must stay till the end of the auction. 9:30 pm (appx) to midnight
* Exhibitor dance at community bldg sponsored by Sunray senior class. each exhibitor can bring friends- $5/person. No outside drinks are allowed.
* Adult dance/raffle at Willies. Tickets for Steakfest are $60 each or 2/$100 and can be purchased at the 4-H office in Dumas, Patton Fertilizer in Sunray, at the head table at the county shows, or at the door at Willies. Raffle tickets will be sold at the shows and at Willies for $5 each or 5/$20 for a guaranteed $5000 cash prize.