Last Updated on June 22, 2015 – 9:14 PM CDT
A 14-year-old rolled a Toyota 4Runner on Saturday in the 1700 block of Madison Lane. The Dumas Police Department reported the juvenile was doing donuts in the cul-de-sac when he rolled the vehicle. He fled the scene. When police officers located him, they issued him citations for no driver’s license and fleeing the scene of an accident. No injuries were reported.
The Dumas Police Department also reported the following:
- 900 block Mills Ave. Check Suspicious/Theft. Officers dispatched in reference to a possible theft that was witnessed by a neighbor. Dispatch advised that two subjects dressed in black were observed leaving a residence in the 900 block of Mills with a large red and white cooler. Area was canvassed but unable to locate any subjects matching the given description. Contact was made with the owner of the property who did not give anyone permission to take it. Under investigation.
- 500 block Pecan Ave. Accident/Hit and Run. Officer dispatched to a hit-and-run that occurred Saturday in the parking lot at Doggie Days. Officer made contact with the complainant who informed officer she parked her vehicle at Doggie Days and was hit by another vehicle. The complainant stated her husband saw the damage today and noticed there was a note on the front windshield from another citizen who saw the person hit her vehicle. A tag number was given. Officer investigated and was able to make contact with the owner who came to the PD and informed officer their son had hit the vehicle but failed to mention it to his parents. The complainant stated she just wanted her vehicle fixed. Insurances were exchanged and insurance were notified.
- 600 block E. 14th Reckless Driver. Officer dispatched to a gray Mustang driving at a high rate of speed around the park. Officer canvassed the area and spoke with several people who advised that they had not seen the vehicle.
- 1000 block S. Dumas Ave. Theft. Officer dispatched in reference to a gas drive off. Arrived and made contact with the clerk, who advised that a gray suburban had pumped $31.01 from pump No. 10 and left westbound on W. 11th
- 200 block E. 1st Suspicious Person. At 1:10 am an officer checked a male subject on foot, who advised that he was just walking home from a friend’s house. FI Card was completed, nothing further.
- 100 block E. 19th Reckless Driver. Officer dispatched in reference to a reckless driver in a dark-colored truck going at high rates of speed. The area was canvassed but unable to locate any vehicle matching the description.
- 500 block N. Maddox Ave. Theft. Officer dispatched in reference to theft. Made contact with the complainant who advised that sometime between 6 p.m. on June 15 and 10 a.m. on June 16 unknown person(s) had stolen one crepe myrtle plant ($32.95) and two boxwood plants ($28.95 ea.). She also advised that there have been other thefts from her business since May 21 of this year. All information was gathered and investigation on going.
- 200 block Elm Ave. Burglary of a Building. On the above date/time, an investigation of a theft revealed sometime between June, and June 15, possible identified suspects stole several items out of the complainants garage. Investigation on going.
- 100 block N. El Paso Ave. Criminal Mischief. On the above date/time, an investigation of a criminal mischief revealed sometime between June 6 and June 16, unknown person(s) scratched or keyed the complainants 2009 gray Ford F-150 pickup truck alongside the driver and passenger side doors and panels. Investigation on going.
- 700 block 2nd Warrant Service. Contact made with a subject in order to serve her with dangerous dog paperwork. It was found that another subject at the residence Jesus Serta had DMC Capias Warrants and was arrested without incident.
- 800 block E. 1st Reckless Driver. Officer dispatched in reference to a reckless blue passenger vehicle. Officer searched the area but was unable to locate.
- 700 block Oak Ave. Assault. Officer dispatched to the above location in reference to an assault. Contact was made with a male and a female subjects. Investigation disclosed the subjects were involved in an altercation over property issues. Kyler Moon was arrested for Assault: Physical Contact (Class C) and Interference with Emergency Phone Call (Class A). DV packets issued. Kyler was also issued a CTW for the complex.
- 124 E. 7th Warrant Service. Ollie Payne turned himself in at the Dumas Police Department on warrants.
- 500 block Bruce Ave. Burglary of a Building. Suspects stole a purple Roadmaster bicycle out of an open garage between 9 a.m. and 9:10 p.m.
- 1100 block S. Bliss Ave. Disturbance/Warrant Service. Officer dispatched in reference to a domestic disturbance. Contact was made with the complainant who advised that he had been arguing with his daughter’s mother. Contact was then made with Kymberla Larue who had Potter County warrants. Larue was arrested and booked into the Moore County Jail.
- 200 block N. Dumas Ave. Suspicious Person/Warrant Service. Officers were dispatched to the Red Lantern in reference to a male and female subject being suspicious and possibly having a camera inside the bar. Officers arrived and located a male subject standing on the north side of the building next to a black Mustang. He seemed very nervous. Officer patted down the male for officer safety. Before officer patted him down, he informed officer he had a BB gun inside his pants. Officer located a black BB gun inside his front pants area. Officer continued to pat down subject. Christopher Allen had an outstanding warrant out of Oklahoma for Domestic Assault and Battery by Strangulation. Christopher was arrested on the warrant and transported to the Moore County Jail without incident.
- 900 block Morton Ave. Criminal Mischief. Officer dispatched in reference to criminal mischief to a vehicle. Contact was made with the complainant. Investigation disclosed that unknown person(s) threw several eggs at her 2015 Toyota Coupe causing paint chips.
- 1500 block Guy Lane Plaza. Criminal Mischief. Officer dispatched to Sun Loan in reference to criminal mischief to a vehicle. Contact was made with the complainant. Investigation disclosed that unknown person(s) threw several eggs at her 2015 Toyota causing paint chips.
- 600 block N. Meredith Ave. Burglary of a Habitation. Suspects entered the residence and stole a white washer and dryer, a television from the living room, a briefcase and a brown wooden box with documents from the master bedroom closet. Under investigation.
- 500 block E. 11th A gray 2005 Ford pickup truck was east in the 500 block of east 11th Street. The driver was diabetic and having a reaction. The Ford pickup struck a gray 2009 Pontiac Grand Prix that was legally parked facing east along the curb in the same block. The pickup truck then traveled southeast and struck a wooden fence behind 1102 Zauk Ave. Minor injuries to the driver of the pickup truck.
- 1700 block E. 1st Public Intoxication. Officer dispatched in reference to a female inside the building acting confused. Officers made contact with Whitney Byars who was agitated and belligerent toward police, EMS personnel and church staff. Byars refused medical treatment and was arrested for public intoxication.
- 300 block W. 5th Agency Assist. Officers assisted Juvenile Probation in locating an ankle monitor that was removed by a juvenile and thrown into a field.
- 300 block N. Dumas Ave. Burglary of a Building. Officer dispatched in reference to a burglary. Spoke with the complainant who advised that person(s)unknown had entered the building and had taken two electric meters valued at a total of $250, a 90-amp Harbor Freight wire welder valued at $110 and a miter saw valued at $90. Under investigation.
- 300 block W. 1st Officer dispatched to the above location in reference to a beer run. Spoke with the complainant who advised a Hispanic male with no shirt came in and stole two 18 packs of Dos Equis and then got into a white Ford pickup truck pulling a white trailer. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle.
- 1400 Guy Lane Plaza. Assault. Officers responded to an assault report. A female advised she had been assaulted in the Big R parking lot. Officers located the suspect at her residence and she denied involvement. The victim advised she did not wish to pursue charges.
- 800 block Normandy Ave. Barking Dogs. Officer dispatched reference to barking dogs. Officer parked with car off and listened for 15 minutes and did not hear any dogs barking.
- 900 block E. 8th Disturbance. Officer dispatched in reference a verbal family fight. Contact made with a male subject who advised he had been in a verbal only dispute with his wife who had left prior to arrival. Parties separated.
- 1600 block Binkley. Criminal Mischief. An investigation of a criminal mischief revealed sometime between June 18 and June 19, unknown person(s) struck the back window of a green 1999 Lincoln Continental causing it to shatter. Under investigation.
- 200 block S. Dumas Ave. Accident. Officer dispatched to the Napa Auto Part Store parking lot in reference to a minor accident with no injuries. Upon arrival it was determined that Unit 1 changed lanes when unsafe, striking Unit 2’s RFQ with LBQ causing minor damage. Accident report completed.
- 400 block S. Dumas Ave. DWI. Officer dispatched to a gray pickup truck driving reckless, heading into Dumas. Officer located the vehicle in the Sonic parking lot and made contact with the vehicle operator, later identified as Jeffery Emmert. Officers found Emmert to be intoxicated, and he was arrested for DWI. Blood warrant was obtained and executed.
- 1600 block Binkley Ave. Loud Music. Officers were dispatched in reference to loud music. Officer made contact with the violator and informed her to turn down the music (verbal warning).
- 100 block NW 3rd Officer dispatched in reference to reckless drivers. Officer arrived on scene and was unable to locate any reckless drivers.
- 200 block S. Porter Ave. Loud Music. Officer dispatched in reference to loud music. Officer arrived on scene and made contact with the residents and advised them to turn the music down. Subject complied.
- 1600 block Binkley Ave. Recovered stolen vehicle. Officer checked out with a maroon 1994 Chevy pickup truck in the 1600 block of Binkley Ave. Officers have previously responded to calls regarding this vehicle and suspicious activity. An investigation disclosed the vehicle was stolen out of Stratford. Officers communicated with Stratford Police Department who requested that officers process the vehicle and tow it. The vehicle was processed for prints, photos were taken, and the vehicle was towed to Pack’s Wrecker for the registered owner to pick up.
- 300 block Cedar Ave. Burglary of a Motor Vehicle. An investigation of a burglary of a vehicle revealed sometime during nighttime hours on the night of July 19, suspect(s) entered the complainants unlocked vehicle and stole a passport and a Mexican ID card.
- 300 block Cedar Ave. Burglary of a Motor Vehicle. An investigation of a burglary of a vehicle revealed sometime during nighttime hours on the night of July 19, unknown suspect(s) entered the complainants unlocked vehicle and stole two photos from the center console.
- 200 block Spruce Ave. Burglary of a Motor Vehicle. An investigation of a burglary of a vehicle revealed sometime during the nighttime hours on the night of July 19, unknown suspect(s) entered the complainants unlocked vehicle and stole an insurance card, miscellaneous paperwork and the owner’s manual.
- 800 block S. Maddox Ave. Accident. Officer dispatched in reference to an accident. Investigation disclosed that a 2005 Chevrolet changed lanes when unsafe and struck a 2000 Chevrolet SUV. FL-RP. No injuries.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. Welfare Check. Officer dispatched in reference to a welfare check on a dog locked in a vehicle. Arrived and made contact with the owner of the vehicle. Everything was OK.
- 200 block Pear Ave. Disturbance. Officers responded to a male and female subject fighting at a residence. The male subject left for the night. No injuries.
- 600 block Bruce Ave. Unlawful Possession of a Firearm Felon, Fail to Id, DWLI w/ previous Convictions and Deadly Conduct. Officers were dispatched to 602 Bruce in reference to gunshots and one round hit the residence. Dispatch informed officers that the suspect vehicle left the scene. Officer observed a white Dodge pickup truck driving at a high rate of speed down S. Maddox Ave. Officer attempted to stop vehicle but was unable to locate it due to the high rate of speed it was traveling. Officers were checking area and observed a white Dodge pickup truck matching the description in the Walmart parking lot. Officers made contact with the driver identified as Charles Walker III. After investigation was complete Walker was arrested for Unlawful Possession of a Firearm Felon, Fail to Id, DWLI w/ previous Convictions and Deadly Conduct. Walker was booked into the Moore County Jail without incident.
- 2nd DWI. Traffic stop was conducted on a maroon Ford mustang for running a stop sign and no seat belt. Contact was made with the driver, Anna Hurtado, and she was found to be intoxicated. Hurtado was arrested for DWI 2nd.
- 1300 block Durrett Ave. Accident. Officer dispatched in reference to a minor accident. Investigation disclosed that a white 2003 Chevrolet truck had failed to yield right of way at a yield sign and was struck by a 2008 Nissan Sentra. No injuries.
- 700 block Miller Ave. Disturbance. Officer dispatched in reference to a disturbance in which several females were leaving southbound on foot. Arrived and made contact with the complainant, who advised several female subjects, who she did not know, came to her house and were trying to get her to come outside and fight. She advised that one subject attempted to grab her by the hair but only touched her face. She advised that she wished to have CTs on all the subjects involved. Criminal trespass warnings completed.