Emergency medical personnel took a person to Memorial Hospital after being hit by a pickup truck Saturday, according to a Dumas police report. A pedestrian was walking on a sidewalk in the 500 block of North Dumas Avenue as a Ford F-150 pickup pulled into a handicapped parking spot. Instead of using the brake pedal, the pickup’s driver hit the gas, injuring the pedestrian and damaging the business’ wall.
The report doesn’t say if the driver was charged with any offense.
Dumas police also reported the following:
- 1500 block S. Dumas Ave. – Burglary of a Building – Officers responded to an alarm call at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Officers found the drive-thru window broken out, and a subject had entered the building but was gone upon arrival. Under investigation.
- 2000 block S. Dumas Ave. – Reckless Driver – Dispatched in reference to a reckless driver in a blue Ford Mustang, traveling north at a high rate of speed. Officer located a vehicle matching the description but did not observe any violations. The complainant did not wish to pursue charges.
- 1800 block S. Maddox – Motorist Assist – Officer dispatched to a motorist assist, trailer in the roadway. Officer arrived on scene and found a trailer in the middle of the roadway with a flat tire. Pack’s Wrecker was contacted and they later removed the trailer.
- 100 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – A white 2004 Chevy van was stopped at the stop light facing south when a gray 2007 Volvo was unable to stop due to weather conditions striking the Chevy’s BD with the Volvo’s FD.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft/Evading Arrest – Dispatched to Walmart in reference to a theft of a Bluetooth speaker where suspect fled the store and was seen at the visitor center. Officer located suspect, Manuel Mabie, in field behind visitor center on foot. Officer told Mabie to stop and he continued to run east toward Dollar Tree. Officer was able to locate suspect behind Domino’s where he was taken into custody. Mabie was transported to Moore County Jail and booked for Theft Class C and Evading Arrest/Detention Class A.
- 600 block Beard – Disorderly Conduct – Officers dispatched to a disturbance. Officers found two subjects arguing, one of which was intoxicated. Frankie Sanchez was intoxicated and cursing loudly in a public place. Sanchez was given numerous chances to calm down and stop cursing but failed to cooperate with officers and was taken into custody for Disorderly Conduct.
- 2003 block S. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to subject in custody in the AP office. Contact made with AP personnel who had Kevin Sechrist held for attempting to take $54.67 worth of merchandise. Citation No. 086731 issued for theft less than $100.
- 1800 block S. Dumas – Animal Control – Officer was dispatched to K-Bob’s Restaurant in reference to a rattlesnake. Officer arrived and located a 4-foot rattlesnake. Animal Control was contacted, and they removed the snake.
- 100 block W. 11th– Accident – Minor traffic accident. Unit 1, Red Nissan pickup, was east bound in the 100 block of West 11th Street when he decided to go to Jack/s Car Wash at the last minute. Unit 1 backed up in order to enter the car wash but did not see unit 2, Black Firebird, behind him who was also east bound.
- 500 block Melinda – Theft – Spoke with the complainant in reference to a theft. He advised that unknown person(s) had stolen his U.S. flag and flagpole during the night.
- 600 block Bruce – Warrant Service – Warrant service on Steven Brock Stringer. Warrants (5250 for Forger)/ (5271 for Bail Jumping)/ (CR-13-2294 for DWLI) (CR-13- 2294B for FTA) (CR-13-1776 for DWLI) (CR-13-1776B for FTA) were confirmed, and he was arrested.
- 200 block S. Meredith – Accident/Hit & Run – A 2015 gray Toyota Corolla was parked, facing north, in the 200 block of South Meredith. An unknown vehicle backed from the parking lot of an old doctor’s office on the west side of the Corolla and struck it with what appeared to be a trailer hitch. The hitch and ball were imprinted into the front left corner of the Corolla. Unknown damage to what appeared to be the pickup that left the scene.
- 100 block N. Dumas Ave. – Accident – Accident at the above location. Investigation disclosed that a 2011Toyota Sierra had backed without safety and struck a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado. BL-LBQ no injuries.
- West 16thStreet – Accident – Dispatched in reference to an accident. Contact was made with driver of Unit 2, a 2016 Dodge, and driver of Unit 1, a 2010 Nissan, who advised that Unit 2 was southbound in the 1600 block of South Dumas Avenue. Unit 1 stopped a stop sign at the intersection of East 8th and South Dumas Avenue Unit 1 failed to yield right of way and struck Unit 2, causing damage. No injuries to report.
- 1700 block S. Dumas Ave. – Criminal Mischief – Dispatched in reference to criminal mischief. Contact was made with the complainant who advised sometime between 3:45 p.m. and 4 p.m., unknown subject (s) damaged the rear window of his vehicle, a 2012 Mercedes.
- 200 block Cherry – Traffic/Narcotics – Officers observed an illegally parked White Ford Pickup with no front license plate. Officers made contact with the occupants, and during the investigation located marijuana and paraphernalia in the vehicle. Kevin Tims was arrested for Possession of Marijuana and cited for the other violations.
- 200 block N. Dumas Ave. – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft of beer. Arrived and spoke with the complainant who advised that a Hispanic male, wearing a white shirt with a horse tattoo on his left arm, went into the store and grabbed an 18-pack of Michelob Ultra and ran out the door. She also advised that the male subject got in to a dark grey Chevrolet Silverado CCB5986, with a Green Bay Packers sticker on the rear window and driven by a female driver. The offender has been identified.
- 500 block N. 7th – Traffic/Narcotics – Traffic stop initiated on a white 1998 Plymouth Voyager bearing. During the investigation, officers located a bag containing a white powdery substance suspected as cocaine. Tyson Stovall was taken into custody and booked into the Moore County Jail for Possession of a Controlled Substance PG1 and DWLI with previous convictions. Stovall was also cited for Failing to Signal Turn.
- 100 block N. Meredith – Minor accident. Investigation determined that a 2007 White Chevy pickup was southbound in the 100 block of North Meredith driven by Jimmy Flores who fell asleep and failed to control speed and struck an unoccupied purple 1999 Oldsmobile RFQ to RFQ causing damage. No injuries. Citation issued for DWLS and Fail to Control Speed.
- 200 block S. Dumas – Theft – Dispatched in reference to a theft. Upon arrival, contact was made with the complainant who advised an unknown subject attempted to purchase over $200 worth of parts credited on an account out of Borger. She further advised that the same subject had purchased a scanner a few days prior. Subject left the scene in a silver HHR. Officer canvassed the area in attempt to locate. Officers located the vehicle and contact was made with Daniel Lee Walker. It was learned that Walker had an active warrant out of Hutchinson County. Walker was arrested and transported to Moore County Jail for the warrant. The scanner/ OBD2 Diagnostic tool that was reported stolen July 15, 2016, was obtained and returned to Auto Zone.
- 100 block W. 13th– Traffic/Warrant Service – Conducted traffic stop in the 100 block of West 13th Street for defective tag lamps. Driver, Jose Caldera was found to have two outstanding warrants.
- 100 block S. Dumas Ave. – Public Intoxication – Contact made with Nicole Montoya walking in the roadway in the 100 block of South Dumas Avenue. Montoya was found to be intoxicated and was arrested for Public intoxication and booked in without incident.
- 500 block Binkley – Disturbance – Dispatched in reference a physical fight in progress. Arrived on scene and witnessed a red Chevy Cavalier pulling away from the address at a high rate of speed. Witnesses ran into the street and advised the officer that the guys in the car were involved. Traffic stop on the vehicle that fled the scene. Contact made with three Hispanic male subjects. One of the subjects, identified as Heriberto Hernandez, was found to have four outstanding warrants. Heriberto was arrested and transported to the Moore County Jail for said warrants. Investigation of the fight disclosed that it was mutual and all parties involved refused to cooperate. No charges filed.